Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 7, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #55,921 of 75,317
XINHS HIFI Audio Store Store https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0eN06p
I also love my smabat M2pro with 150 ohm ST10s driver
I have acquired the 150ohm driver yet, but i appreciate the cable rec! Those are the cable brand I was
Looking for but couldn’t find in the thread.

doing some side-by-side comparisons tonight between the X6, ShoonTH, EA Ear Buds and the SMABAT M2s pro I‘ll say this: if I were to do an “S” tier, it would be the M2s Pro 40ohm and the EA Ear Buds. The ShoonTH and the Yincrow are a step down and my personal choice of those two would be the X6 but a narrow margin And it would depend on what I’m listening to. For acoust stuff, the ShoonTH. For electronic, the X6. I could listen to anything with either of my S tier picks with the M2s pro having the most space while the EA Buds have the most bass. If you’re broke, the X6 does very well on anything for very little money. What a great time to be a music fan who loves playback gear.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #55,922 of 75,317
If you’re broke, the X6 does very well on anything for very little money. What a great time to be a music fan who loves playback gear.
These people think more about what to eat than about buying an X6 :wink:

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #55,926 of 75,317
IMAGE 2021-07-07 16:00:06.jpg

Tingo TC200 from JieTu shopee store arrived earlier today. Warmish sound signature with some upper mids boost? Slight U shape? More mid bass than sub bass, and it's a little on the boomy side, though not the worse I've heard. Lower mids are not the cleanest sounding thanks to the mid bass, but deeper male vocals do sound full enough. Just don't expect much in more bass heavy tracks. Upper mids is elevated with a noticeable boost at around 3 kHz, and then a smaller one at 5kHz. So brighter vocals sound a bit more forward to me and has a decent presence, which isn't a bad thing actually to balance out that mid bass bump. This is where things get a little weird for me. There is a noticeable dip at around 8.5kHz which makes females vocals in particular sound lacking in air. It makes female vocals sound kinda weird to me, but maybe the consolation is that it is no where near being shouty, so maybe it'll be a comfortable listen for those who like to listen at higher volumes? This does affect other instruments in that frequency range of course. :joy: the treble does come back up again after that with a minor bump at around 10kHz, so cymbal have some decent "tssssss" sound to it at least, even though it is somewhat lacking in definition (probably thanks to that dip). Technicalities isn't amazing, but isn't terrible either, and is at least a small step up from the more budget earbuds to me. But that dip at 8.5kHz throws me off a bit though. If not for that I think it'll still be a somewhat enjoyable warm sounding pair of earbuds.

Personally, for just 2 SGD (1.5 USD) more on shopee, I can get the K's K64S which has a tighter bass with better sub-bass, more natural sounding tonality, and slightly better technicalities. The cable is nicer on the K64S too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #55,928 of 75,317
Hey,
As good as MrZ Tomahawk, but less midcentre. I like good high and bass quality, separation and air and space, but midrange is too forward. Max 50 bucks. Any ideas?

So many answers and nobody can help me? ;(

might be because what the Tomahawk does, there's not a lot that is similar to. i think the best bet would be another Musicmaker/ Toneking products like the TO line (which have less forward mids than the Tomahawk) or the more expensive Viridis (can't comment on the sound because i haven't heard it personally).

other similar "breath" of sound to the Tomahawk that i prefer more would be the PT15 (more neutral) or the H185.

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #55,929 of 75,317
IMAGE 2021-07-07 16:00:06.jpg

Tingo TC200 from JieTu shopee store arrived earlier today. Warmish sound signature with some upper mids boost? Slight U shape? More mid bass than sub bass, and it's a little on the boomy side, though not the worse I've heard. Lower mids are not the cleanest sounding thanks to the mid bass, but deeper male vocals do sound full enough. Just don't expect much in more bass heavy tracks. Upper mids is elevated with a noticeable boost at around 3 kHz, and then a smaller one at 5kHz. So brighter vocals sound a bit more forward to me and has a decent presence, which isn't a bad thing actually to balance out that mid bass bump. This is where things get a little weird for me. There is a noticeable dip at around 8.5kHz which makes females vocals in particular sound lacking in air. It makes female vocals sound kinda weird to me, but maybe the consolation is that it is no where near being shouty, so maybe it'll be a comfortable listen for those who like to listen at higher volumes? This does affect other instruments in that frequency range of course. :joy: the treble does come back up again after that with a minor bump at around 10kHz, so cymbal have some decent "tssssss" sound to it at least, even though it is somewhat lacking in definition (probably thanks to that dip). Technicalities isn't amazing, but isn't terrible either, and is at least a small step up from the more budget earbuds to me. But that dip at 8.5kHz throws me off a bit though. If not for that I think it'll still be a somewhat enjoyable warm sounding pair of earbuds.

Personally, for just 2 SGD (1.5 USD) more on shopee, I can get the K's K64S which has a tighter bass with better sub-bass, more natural sounding tonality, and slightly better technicalities. The cable is nicer on the K64S too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or go with TG-38s :wink:

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #55,930 of 75,317
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #55,931 of 75,317
Hi all,

Is Faaeal Snow Lotus 2.5mm a buds to consider?
I see that it has got mixed thoughts, but I'm interessed on it due to the good surprise Rosemary is soundwise.

Has anyone already compared it to Rosemary or even to another 64 Ohm buds?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #55,933 of 75,317
I don’t remember if I’ve mentioned it but on my main setup, I add subwoofers to earbud listening. The amp has an output out that goes into a passive preamp from which I control the Subwoofer’s volume.
Very happy listener here :)
Guess the zero isolation from buds is actually a big plus for you. :joy:

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #55,934 of 75,317
Guess the zero isolation from buds is actually a big plus for you. :joy:
Mind you, it’s pretty hard to isolate from subbass, but I do tend to not cut the bass too early it’s true, it makes a meatier sound and gives the impression of an even bigger soundstage. Also sub is as much about audibility as feeling (of course I don’t get that much of « feeling » because I only listen to classical).

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #55,935 of 75,317
Hi all,

Is Faaeal Snow Lotus 2.5mm a buds to consider?
I see that it has got mixed thoughts, but I'm interessed on it due to the good surprise Rosemary is soundwise.

Has anyone already compared it to Rosemary or even to another 64 Ohm buds?
I can compare Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE with Rosemary if it helps. The 1.0+ is more neutral tuned, and it is very good in my opinion. It also has the same cable as Rosemary, which is my favorite cable among cheaper buds.
The Snow Lotus 2.5mm and 1.0+ have the same driver specs, probably only the cable is different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back