Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #55,022 of 75,272
Do u guys like a mic cable?

I generally found the mic component may be a point of failure down the line. Had a few mic cables die there already. And sometimes the mic add resistance to that side of the cable.

I mean they are convenient for zoom meetings and calls, but for pure music enjoyment, I generally don't get mic cables with my earbuds and iems. Of course different strokes for different folks.

a great truth. It is something that does not make much sense but nobody has innovated in this, there is this kind of paradox:

quality sound - garbage microphone

quality microphone - mediocre sound

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #55,025 of 75,272
I have the NiceHCK Traceless and Yincrow X6.

They sound pretty similar but the Traceless doesn't have much bass and sounds brighter.
FR graphs of Yincrow X6, Nicehck Traceless and Vido by @cenizas.

Graph legend:
Yincrow X6 (green), Nicehck Traceless (purple), Vido (grey)
I like Vido's sound the best.
Vido_X6_Traceless.png

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #55,026 of 75,272
a great truth. It is something that does not make much sense but nobody has innovated in this, there is this kind of paradox:

You know what's paradoxical to me? Questions about comparing earbuds in the price range between $2-3
It’s even worse when someone asks for a recommendation in the price range below $100 and then starts with
constant questions about comparing earbuds 10 times cheaper.:thinking:

Don't get me wrong, but seriously, can you really notice such a drastic difference that is worth commenting on.
If you’re new to this hobby, go and buy a few pairs, I don’t think it’s a big expense at all, and check it out for yourself.
This is also good for another reason: check which size suits you and see if the earbuds fit you at all.

My suggestion will always be RY4S Plus (budget king), plus you have option to use any cables (with or without a mic)

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #55,028 of 75,272
You know what's paradoxical to me? Questions about comparing earbuds in the price range between $2-3
It’s even worse when someone asks for a recommendation in the price range below $100 and then starts with
constant questions about comparing earbuds 10 times cheaper.:thinking:

Don't get me wrong, but seriously, can you really notice such a drastic difference that is worth commenting on.
If you’re new to this hobby, go and buy a few pairs, I don’t think it’s a big expense at all, and check it out for yourself.
This is also good for another reason: check which size suits you and see if the earbuds fit you at all.

My suggestion will always be RY4S Plus (budget king), plus you have option to use any cables (with or without a mic)

obvious:

- how much do you want to spend.
- know the setting you need.
- Be clear about what you want, that from € 3-10 to € 100-300 there is a (real) difference.
- If you decide to buy € 3, the risk of being wrong is "none" so choosing one cannot be a life or death dilemma. In addition, buds that have been talked about a lot here have been recommended, the search engine is also a great help to know the opinion of colleagues.

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #55,029 of 75,272
obvious:

- how much do you want to spend.
- know the setting you need.
- Be clear about what you want, that from € 3-10 to € 100-300 there is a (real) difference.
- If you decide to buy € 3, the risk of being wrong is "none" so choosing one cannot be a life or death dilemma. In addition, buds that have been talked about a lot here have been recommended, the search engine is also a great help to know the opinion of colleagues.
That's how simple it is
I will add that between $10 and $100 buds there are so many gems so that most users will be satisfied with it, without any doubt, and as you said, the description of such models can be easily found on this thread

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #55,030 of 75,272
So next, I'd like to recommend the ShoonTHESEP-01BL to you.
It's an earbuds that has a nice tight bass with a slightly warm sound.

You can find it at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918777225.html

The price is US $26.90, but in my opinion, it has three times better sound quality than Yincrow X6 and I love it.
Its from penon so its a nope.

Might be because having a microphone will increase the cable resistance a lot, so it could cause FR changes....maybe...

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #55,031 of 75,272
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #55,032 of 75,272
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #55,033 of 75,272
Its from penon so its a nope.

+1

Bad customer service.

oh boy, you dont want to know why I am avoiding them now...
I agree with you guys. I waited for my penultimate two orders to be sent from Penon for more than a month, they were in stock but as if they were not so that the total delivery time was two to three months. My last order from May this year arrives in eight days, which is incredible considering that rarely anyone from China sends goods to Serbia today.

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #55,034 of 75,272
oh boy, you dont want to know why I am avoiding them now...
Hope it wasn't about trying to influence your review, I know you wouldn't stand for that :thumbsup:

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #55,035 of 75,272
I agree with you guys. I waited for my penultimate two orders to be sent from Penon for more than a month, they were in stock but as if they were not so that the total delivery time was two to three months. My last order from May this year arrives in eight days, which is incredible considering that rarely anyone from China sends goods to Serbia today.
It sucks since they're exclusive Western distributor for many interesting buds brands that can't be ordered elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back