Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #54,796 of 75,352
My new Blurs arrived!

Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch "aPs Edition" (300Ω); 2.5TRRS Balanced; Non-Litz OCC Copper

The classy simple white leather pouch is handmade by Wong's wife Kit Hey and is a real nice touch.

IMG_20210608_133045.jpg

Upon initial listen I actually noticed an ever so slight difference (improvement) of this newer 2021 version of the Beautiful Witch with aPs tuning over my original 2018 Blur 美魔女 Beautiful Witch (300Ω); 3.5SE Unbalanced. Not huge but definitely a step in the right direction... more natural with improved timbre in regards to both instruments and vocals.

Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Edition 300Ω_FR Chart.jpg

Matched drivers :wink:

1623419582115.png

Their sensitivity (dBSPL) is exactly like my older witches around 105 to 108 dB/mW

Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Edition 300Ω.jpg
Here are some of the adapters I use with my Blurs.

ddHiFi DD DJ35A Headphone Adapter (2.5TRRS Female to 3.5SE Male)
ddHiFi DD DJ35A (2).jpg

Venture Electronics (VE) Headphone Adapter (2.5TRRS Female to 3.5SE Male)
Venture Electronics (VE) Headphone Adapter_2.5TRRS Female to 3.5SE Male.jpg

FiiO L26 Headphone Adapter (2.5TRRS Female to 3.5SE Male)
FiiO L26 Headphone Adapter (4).jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #54,797 of 75,352
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #54,798 of 75,352
My new Blurs arrived!

Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch "aPs" Edition (300Ω); 2.5TRRS Balanced; Non-Litz OCC Copper

The classy simple white leather pouch is handmade by Wong's wife Kit Hey and is a real nice touch.

Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Edition 300Ω_FR Chart.jpg
IMG_20210608_133045.jpg Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Edition 300Ω.jpg
PERFECTO! :wink: Congrats!
I think it’s superfluous to ask how they sound. :thumbsup:
Is this open here :point_down:
Blur_MX300.jpg

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #54,799 of 75,352
Ive seen pictures of course but i'm not quite sure how it differs. It looks like the rear part is thicker than normal at least, but I don't know if that will affect things. I can only hope that it will fit me fine when it arrives.

Someone did tell me that the LBBS are small, but they certaintly dont look small at least...do you find them smaller or larger than normal?
The LBBs is definitely smaller than normal. Bordering on tiny.

2H, 3H and 5H are different drivers made by Foster, they were used in Sennheiser's, Sharp's and certain other MX500 shelled earbuds. They're all fairly warm and smooth, probably have a similar sound signature to the OP139 which also uses a Foster driver but one of the big solder type.
Ah, the OP139. I remember being excited about that one. Ultimately too warm & rolled off in the higher frequencies for my taste. Still, quite a cool shell & ok-ish cable.

The LB/LBBS are smaller diameter like the Yuin PK shells (16.1-16.3mm O.D.).

If you prefer smaller diameter earbuds, the K's bell series are the most comfortable of all earbuds shapes I've tried.

They're comfortable, sure. They're comfortable for me too. Thing is, their shape & small size leads to fit issues. Well, for me at least. Won't stay in my ear for long. I've tried everything almost everything (barring fins): no foams, donuts, double foams, donut+full foam combo...nothing worked satisfactorily. Same goes for the Hessian Assanta.

Anyway... as Mr.@WoodyLuvr said, Ks Bell shells, by their size and shape they provide good fit and comfort.
Anyone who has fit problems with Ks Bell buds then should not consider buying an MX500 or PK models because they will definitely have more problems

I beg to differ. I have zero problems with both MX500 and PK shells but a world of issues with K's LBBs. So, I guess YMMV?

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #54,801 of 75,352
from some of the earbuds TWS that I've tried:
  • Sabbat X12 is a solid performer, especially if you like vocals. not too deep reaching on the subbass though, even with foams.
  • Tronsmart Onyx Ace sounds neutral and balanced across the board, subbass is there, and you can put foams to adjust the fitting and sound to your liking.
  • Soundpeats Trueair2 sounds good, more similar to IEM in presentation than the others. the unit i tried has a bit of grainy treble, but it was a brand new out of the box unit, and i only listened to it for a short while, so might be a bit different after more playtime
  • Vivo TWS Neo. without foams, it sounds thin, but with foams, i really like it. do mind that on my unit i have to mod the case to be able to charge with foams attached (I've read other user that doesn't need to do mods though). also with non-Vivo phones, you don't have access to EQ and aptx.
  • Sabbat Vooplay: i also really like it, but with donut foams on it. subbass can reach deep. one of my most used TWS.
  • Samsung Buds Live: nice wide sound, good for movies, but i don't prefer it for music, because of the stereo spread is too wide for my taste, and also the mids arr a bit thin. touch control is finicky and ANC is a little useless, so i turn them off.
  • TRN BT20S Pro: put your preferred earbuds with it, and you'll have a solid TWS solution with great battery life. i use it with my MMCX modded Edifier H185
Thanks for your insight! I will look at the suggestions. I am looking more for a bud shape PK/MX500 ish type. I will check out the Onyx, Vivo, and TRN. TRN would be great if it had touch controls, it may I just need to look, it still is the hook ear which is kinda what I am doing with my Qudelix right now with a short cable clipped to my ballcap. Appriciate the direction. It was just $43 for the Soundpeats Trueair 2 and Mii Air 2 combined so to me it's worth exploring. I've spent more on earbud drivers I never use lol.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #54,802 of 75,352
I beg to differ. I have zero problems with both MX500 and PK shells but a world of issues with K's LBBs. So, I guess YMMV?
Even when you wear them with a cable over your ear?

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #54,803 of 75,352
Even when you wear them with a cable over your ear?

Yes, I've tried wearing the LBBs 'over ear' as well. IIRC, I wasn't able to attain a good enough seal when worn that way. Again, just to reiterate, the problems I have with the LBBs (and to a lesser extent, the Hessian Ansata) are most probably only specific to me. The LBBs are well-loved here and elsewhere. Shame it just doesn't work for me.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #54,804 of 75,352
Yes, I've tried wearing the LBBs 'over ear' as well. IIRC, I wasn't able to attain a good enough seal when worn that way. Again, just to reiterate, the problems I have with the LBBs (and to a lesser extent, the Hessian Ansata) are most probably only specific to me. The LBBs are well-loved here and elsewhere. Shame it just doesn't work for me.
FIY, the LBBS doesnt fit that well for me either. Its a combination of their small size and lightweightness that makes them not fit me very well.

MX500 still seems to be the best bud shape for me.

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #54,805 of 75,352
Is the Hessian Ansata worth the price btw?

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #54,807 of 75,352
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #54,808 of 75,352
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #54,809 of 75,352
It's not new, it came out when the Super One
yeah, I thought I saw it along with the super one and the M2S pro. Guess they only just put it up on their ali store.

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #54,810 of 75,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back