Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #45,196 of 75,272
That's good to hear. I took out my E808+ the other day and found them a bit lacking. I also wondered if that was a bud that I could/should put a foam on. It's so different from the others.
After a few hours (about 20) you should find the E808+ to have a very full sound, bassy with a wide but shallow soundstage. Not great in detail but decent mids and highs. I also find the asymmetrical shape very comfortable, it's a shame the shell is not more widely used. (I use foams, usually full, sometimes donuts, on all my buds.)

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #45,197 of 75,272
glossy in this case better translates to sensual...I'm not sure that gives you a better idea, but they are saying that the vocals sensuality is pretty good...the whole review is focused on how good the vocals are.
Nah I'm still not sure what that means exactly lol. So many audiophile terms so little time to learn them all xD

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #45,198 of 75,272
Nah I'm still not sure what that means exactly lol. So many audiophile terms so little time to learn them all xD

Since the review is being compared to the ST-10 a lot and especially the vocals I am going to take a stab in the dark and say that the vocals are probably more forward than on the ST-10 which had then more distant to create that nice soundscape imaging.

I felt like the ST-10 did a great job separating all the instruments and giving you a birds eye view of the track but didn't push any part in the forefront.

The new Smabat is probably more mid forward.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #45,200 of 75,272
I don't know if you're able to purchase them, but I bought them from a local e-commerce site here.
Thanks, shipping is more than the bud but I might go for it anyway.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #45,202 of 75,272
I'm intrigued by the form factor and have always wanted to try them. I bought a black pair and sure hope it surprises me like the more expensive Remax RM-303.
Yes, that is what attracted me. But that website is being a bit cheeky. It lists prices in S$ but when I go to checkout it uses the same numbers in £, which is about double the value! I'll give them a miss for now.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #45,203 of 75,272
Yes, that is what attracted me. But that website is being a bit cheeky. It lists prices in S$ but when I go to checkout it uses the same numbers in £, which is about double the value! I'll give them a miss for now.

This site is only good for the domestic market and can get pretty notorious to navigate at times. I think you should still be able to find them elsewhere on the web, but not with a lot of colour options for the time being...

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #45,204 of 75,272
Righto, I'll keep looking. Not worried about the colour.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #45,205 of 75,272
Since the review is being compared to the ST-10 a lot and especially the vocals I am going to take a stab in the dark and say that the vocals are probably more forward than on the ST-10 which had then more distant to create that nice soundscape imaging.

I felt like the ST-10 did a great job separating all the instruments and giving you a birds eye view of the track but didn't push any part in the forefront.

The new Smabat is probably more mid forward.
Ah ok that helps thanks.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #45,207 of 75,272
Seems like they have some on Aliexpress... Do a search for "Remax RM-301"...
Cheers, I've found them on ebay as well - and one supplier is in my home town so I can have them next week! Time to pull the trigger...

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #45,208 of 75,272
Anyone hear about the new Microsoft wireless surface earbuds? Seem interesting.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8zL1AvODUxNjA1L29yaWdpbmFsL0lNR183MzA0LkpQRw==.jpeg

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #45,210 of 75,272
Finally decided to order the Remax RM-301 @ $5.
These are sold here in my country at some online shops for 7-8usd. Is it any good?
@robar

You seem to have received a lemon, contact Jim Nicehck to talk about it. If you do a quick search on bud B40, which is a newer product, you will not see low quality complaints or insufficient bass frequency.

Again, i say that this model has an improvement in sound after natural recording; i compared a recorded drive with a new one. Although when new, i do not consider its sound horrible, as you say.
I've written a message to both Chitty and Jim, but of course this week nobody answers because of the holiday, and I was dumb enough to confirm the order as soon as I've received it. So I'm quite torn between opening a dispute right away, because I have only 15 days from confirmation to start one. I've measured the frequency responses and put those next to a qian25, it's very significant I hope that's enough proof for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back