Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 26, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #45,001 of 75,325
Having always used IEM's and headphones, the last week has been a refreshing experience. I've been spending my evenings / nights in total silence listening to Moonbuds Super Nightingale and must say I've been absolutely delighted with them. The small pk2 shells are more comfortable than most other IEM's I have at my disposal. While I wouldn't say the best my campfire Andromeda when it comes to sound quality, they offer a really balanced great sound and I enjoy the non fatiguing sound.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #45,003 of 75,325
Hi recently my HE150PRO driver started to have static sounds which annoyed the crap out of me, just wanna know what are the options available now?

I really liked the open-backed design of HE150 Pro the spacious sound , that warmth with donut foams and naked clarity of it. May i know how to fix it? or I should buy other ear buds? I am a neutral head, I have portable dac amps available and my budget is prolly around 40USD
currently thinking of

-VE MONK plus
-NICEHCK B40
-Another HE150 Pro ( I really loved it enough to buy another one)
- RY4S
- any other suggestions?

I recommend to you yincrow RW-9. This earbuds are very neutral and clear, so you will like them.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #45,004 of 75,325
Hey guys, sorry for being noob here. Im finding a set with around $50 that can be good for vocals, midrange, and highs technicalities. This is for easy listening session when i dont want to wear headphones or iem. Please give me some choices, im totally lost in earbuds game!

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #45,005 of 75,325
Hey guys, sorry for being noob here. Im finding a set with around $50 that can be good for vocals, midrange, and highs technicalities. This is for easy listening session when i dont want to wear headphones or iem. Please give me some choices, im totally lost in earbuds game!

Excellent mids, Ourart ACG.

If you don't need much bass, its very open face design allows the bass to leak. If you EQ or have a very good fit, then there is enough bass. Not recommended for hip hop/rap.

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #45,006 of 75,325
Excellent mids, Ourart ACG.

If you don't need much bass, its very open face design allows the bass to leak. If you EQ or have a very good fit, then there is enough bass. Not recommended for hip hop/rap.
exactly what im reading right now. Does it have great technicalities too in high freq? Yes, i dont really care much on lows as long as it doesnt sound tinny

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #45,007 of 75,325
exactly what im reading right now. Does it have great technicalities too in high freq? Yes, i dont really care much on lows as long as it doesnt sound tinny

Not tinny at all. Good timbre and soundstage.

It's a mids/highs tuned bud, I don't have enough experience to really say how good the highs technicalities are. It's still one of my favorites. Good enough I bought a backup, when I don't like holding onto what I don't use.

If you have a test track with something to try and listen for that would help you determine if it is what you are looking for, let me know and I'll take a listen.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #45,008 of 75,325

I agree with assassin10000. I've had the Ourart ACG for a couple of days and, although mine needs longer to burn in, I would say they are excellent for their price. Mids are particularly good. One thing I have noticed (I think) is that the Ourart van be equalised much better than an equivalent IEM. So highs on the Ourart ACG can be lifted and it doesn't seem to create fatiguing peaks. That's important to me because I like some sparkle in the treble. The highs though are still very nice without equalisation as well.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #45,009 of 75,325
Not tinny at all. Good timbre and soundstage.

It's a mids/highs tuned bud, I don't have enough experience to really say how good the highs technicalities are. It's still one of my favorites. Good enough I bought a backup, when I don't like holding onto what I don't use.

If you have a test track with something to try and listen for that would help you determine if it is what you are looking for, let me know and I'll take a listen.
My daily playlist is KPower Vocals in spotify and my fav artist is IU. If u can play around with those tracks and determine how's the vocals and highs technicalities, it would be awesome :)

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #45,011 of 75,325
compared to HE150Pro/RY4S 300ohm/B40/RY4S plus?

I don't have RY4S 300ohm and RY4S plus, but I have RY4S and RY4S UE instead. I also have a B40. I had a HE150Pro but it was accidentally broken.

Below is my impression on each earbuds I have.

RY4S and RY4S UE have a clearly V-shaped, energetic sound.
B40 has a clear sound, a wide sound stage, and is suitable for various music genres.
HE150Pro has a sufficient sound stage, controlled treble and less bass.
Yincrow RW-9 is a little V-shaped but has a neutral and clear sound with excellent texture and detailed vocals, and a wide enough sound stage, making it suitable for various music genres.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #45,012 of 75,325
sadly, it seems like ACG is not stock anymore? :/

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #45,014 of 75,325
sadly, it seems like ACG is not stock anymore? :/

Also here if you don't want to use their AE store.
https://penonaudio.com/ourart-acg.html

Just got home and I am taking a listen to that K-power vocal playlist. The ACG is excellent with it, thus far. Which I kind of expected, given one of my favorite genres is vocal trance (and acoustic versions as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back