Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 29, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #35,882 of 75,289

phew, lucky I got original Viablue plugs for the silver cables I ordered from taobao:

32HMdiI.jpg

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #35,883 of 75,289
Can somebody translate it, please??

my own translations below the original text, except where there is no space
all credits to OP and original creators
no assumption of liability for anything herein:smile_phones:
22050309_1726062784369282_5080974789559688004_n.jpg

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #35,884 of 75,289
EB2 bass can easily be improved by blocking1/4 -1/3 or the back port on each side with tape. The venting is really open on this earbud in default form and closing it slightly tightens the bass response and to my ears the low mids gain the weight it was lacking.

Try it out and see what you think. I'd start with only blocking a tiny amount, maybe block the side to the back of the ear only and 1/3 of it. It will tame the mid bass slightly so the bass will tighten but it will also increase the upper mids/lower treble slightly.

Just tried your tips but unfortunately I can't see any difference at all. I tried with both tape and patafix but nothing worked. I found the sound slightly even better without, so I decided to let them stock for now.
The included gray foams (which are the same used on ABnormal provided on Rholupat during my Willsound orders) are pretty good and the best choice of stock foams for EB2 (at least to me).

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #35,885 of 75,289
my own translations below the original text, except where there is no space
all credits to OP and original creators
no assumption of liability for anything herein:smile_phones:
So it is a fake Oyaide used on Blox TM9, sad news.. especially for the asked price :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #35,888 of 75,289
Blox never promised real Oyaide plug, so I am not sure what the complaint is about. Most of the ToTL earbuds don't use fancy big brand name plug either, and none of them sound less impressive because of it. If fancy plug is really that important to you, just have it reterminated yourself. Not the end of the world there. I personally use a lot of the fake Oyaide plug on most of my DIY cable and they sound just fine. Used the real plug before as well and it really doesn't offer anything more than aesthetic.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #35,890 of 75,289
So it is a fake Oyaide used on Blox TM9, sad news.. especially for the asked price :frowning2:

It seems my blur and my much cheaper Shozy are using the real one!

From a more optimistic view for the existing TM9 user, simply change the plug to the real one will make the sound better! I have been playing with DIY for more than 20 years. An inferior plug induce data loss(particularly both frequency extreme) and degrade sound quality making it harsher.

With the asking price, i think they should help each of us to change the plug to the real one, free of charge!

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #35,892 of 75,289
It is interesting that people are upset for thing no one promised to give them in the first place.

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #35,893 of 75,289
Yes, agreed.
What matters to me first is what the maker has achieved soundwise with the parts he chose, more than the parts used alone.
And TM9 are TOTL earbuds without a doubt.
Of course we can always wonder, what if it comes with this part or that part, actually I don't care much about this.

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #35,894 of 75,289
It is interesting that people are upset for thing no one promised to give them in the first place.
As you are a guy with vast listening experience and you say the real vs good quality clone makes no sonic difference I'll believe it.

As long as the plug design is good and the matierial used is durable and good for conductivity we can assume they also used the right solder and shielding for the termination... After all they are audio experts.

I'd be more upset if I found out they did a poor job at soldering or left out the shielding etc, that would show actual negligence. I doubt that is the case here.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #35,895 of 75,289
I think as long as Blox doesn't claim they're using genuine Oyaide plugs, it's actually fine.

Of course some customers may not feel good that they are given a "cloned" part. Could be due to the perception of having a lower quality part and felt short-changed, or for respect of intellectual rights to original designs. No right or wrong here.

Of course, all this could have been avoided if Blox were to use genuine Oyaide plugs, or plug designs that doesn't resemble (clones) those of the big brands, such as those generic ones found on the SWD2+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back