Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 1, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #34,216 of 75,409
I do not think he would be doing this if he was not confident that people will like it. He cares about his reputation.

Whatever it is, further down the page it gives specs... it will be 32 ohm and will be meant to be worn over ear.

I wonder how much he cares about people. I bought a cheap earbud case from their store a couple years back and it got lost in the mail, I sent them a message and explained the situation and that I will still give them 5 starts and that I would not ask for a refund ( was like 0.8$ ) but that if they could ship another one that I would appreciate it ( that one reached me ). After that I got banned from their store and when I figured it out why I couldnt buy , I messaged them about the ban and I got banned from sending them messages as well...very disappointed that they got mad over 0.8$

Sep 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #34,217 of 75,409
I do not think he would be doing this if he was not confident that people will like it. He cares about his reputation.

Whatever it is, further down the page it gives specs... it will be 32 ohm and will be meant to be worn over ear.
And the fact that it's $20 is a fairly low risk gamble for most of us. Let's just pray and hope its the second coming of the EBX or something haha!
I wonder how much he cares about people. I bought a cheap earbud case from their store a couple years back and it got lost in the mail, I sent them a message and explained the situation and that I will still give them 5 starts and that I would not ask for a refund ( was like 0.8$ ) but that if they could ship another one that I would appreciate it ( that one reached me ). After that I got banned from their store and when I figured it out why I couldnt buy , I messaged them about the ban and I got banned from sending them messages as well...very disappointed that they got mad over 0.8$
I have a feeling i got temp banned once over an earbud with a faulty driver (under $20 earbud) but i asked him why i couldn't buy from his store and then suddenly i could again. Maybe it was a system error though. Jim is fine but i wouldn't say he went out of his way to help me as a customer whereas some other sellers are more accommodating especially when you try to make a custom order or get a better deal for buying a bulk of items from one store.

I cannot say he has done anything particularly awful or anything like that and i may not have been banned but i guess everyone can have a bad experience with any seller now and again.

I think penon audio and shozy have been my best overall experience so far and some other AE sellers.

Oh also Willsound!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #34,218 of 75,409
And I have just found out that our favorite Ali store has put my little country on DHL only regime. No free shipping option anymore. As of today, Vido would cost me mere $89.23..

It looked business as usual during the latest sale. I have no idea what happened. :triportsad:

I hope it's temporary

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #34,219 of 75,409
And the fact that it's $20 is a fairly low risk gamble for most of us. Let's just pray and hope its the second coming of the EBX or something haha!

I have a feeling i got temp banned once over an earbud with a faulty driver (under $20 earbud) but i asked him why i couldn't buy from his store and then suddenly i could again. Maybe it was a system error though. Jim is fine but i wouldn't say he went out of his way to help me as a customer whereas some other sellers are more accommodating especially when you try to make a custom order or get a better deal for buying a bulk of items from one store.

I cannot say he has done anything particularly awful or anything like that and i may not have been banned but i guess everyone can have a bad experience with any seller now and again.

I think penon audio and shozy have been my best overall experience so far and some other AE sellers.

Oh also Willsound!

It was just suddenly and for such a petty reason. Like what kind of store are you when you ban people over 0.8$ ? Either way I will also buy it, curious about what it is

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #34,220 of 75,409
Gonna be making some earbuds soon, here's some of the parts I ordered

BeFunky-collage2.jpg

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #34,224 of 75,409
Best of luck!
Thx i bought a bundle of emx500 vido mx760 graphene drivers in bulk to give me an idea of what the shell/cover/cable combinations will do to the sound and then ill attempt to tune the 400ohm driver after when have a better idea of the tuning capabilities.

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #34,225 of 75,409
Thx i bought a bundle of emx500 vido mx760 graphene drivers in bulk to give me an idea of what the shell/cover/cable combinations will do to the sound and then ill attempt to tune the 400ohm driver after when have a better idea of the tuning capabilities.

Its gonna be hard to tune them with those shells imo, unless you drill them

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #34,226 of 75,409
Its gonna be hard to tune them with those shells imo, unless you drill them
Ill be drilling them if i need vents yeah, they are made of copper according to the seller. Possibly brass though if the translation wasn't accurate.

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #34,227 of 75,409
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #34,229 of 75,409
DSC_0130.jpg

Reterminated the TM9 to balanced, smooth as silk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back