Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #30,286 of 75,675
At that point looking for controls in the $50-100 range, the options are all detachable cable. Unfortunately there still aren’t many options, DK-Song being one of them.

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #30,287 of 75,675
Hello, im new in this forum and finding a recommendation to this:

Im using a VE Monk earbuds and they are awesome, but im looking for a better earbuds to use with my Fiio A1 and Fiio M3 (only classic earbuds, no noise reduction or foams), like this:

1.- Android controls, microphone and volume control & resistant cable
2.- No foam earbuds, no noise reductor, classic earbuds only
3.- Better quality sound than VE Monk earbuds, if is possible with accesories
4.- Between $50 and $100

Please, i need every models, no matter if is chinese or american, i want to compare models and read. Thanks!

The Cypherus Blue Darth is the best I've heard for going foamless, but it's at the top of your budget. It will give you more sub-bass, but there's no mic unfortunately.

I would suggest having one bud for mic calls (cheap one) and another for music. I never see higher-end buds with mics.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #30,288 of 75,675
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #30,289 of 75,675
You may want to try the cheap thin aliexpress foams while you are at it. Same essence as the old monk thin foam, slightly more revealing of texture but slightly less smooth and slightly less transparent sounding.

Compared to the newest monk thin foams they are better in transparency and detail. New monk thins smooth out the sound and are thicker than the old. Not my favourite honestly but can work with certain earbuds well.

http://s.aliexpress.com/veMv6jMb

For $1/100 foams it’s a no brainer.
thanks for the tips. I'll place an order for both and snag an espresso on the way out!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #30,290 of 75,675
Rose Masya arrived, currently have the stock full foams on as that's all my set came with. They were so much easier to apply than the full foams on the Monk+. Soundstage is ginormous even run off my laptop. @seanc6441 what do you have on these rn and what do they do for the sound? :)

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #30,291 of 75,675
Wow then the best earbud options doesnt have mic or controls
Zen 2.0 is an interesting option (a bit expensive), but i checked Asura but it has lack of bass : (

Then i checked the Neosound Soul but i dont know where i can buy that
For now i just ask for under $50 earbuds (around $30-50), with mic and controls and powerful performance like VE Monk, and no sound restrictor foams (only foams like VE Monk EX Pack, for example)

EDIT: I was reading reviews and i have this list. Best option or better performance than Monk?

Edifier H180
Sennheiser MX 170
Sennheiser MX 585
Sennheiser MX 985
Audio Technica ATH-CM707
Sennheiser MX 760

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #30,292 of 75,675
@Carrow
937B7267-E8A5-4D83-ABCD-3F6AAFD738B3.jpeg

Multi hole Hiegi full foam. 3 central and 3 outer. Yes it was tricky to cut so if you are not confident in cutting the foams I suggest you do as ClieOS did and use a belt punch.

Ok so what it did for the sound? Well it gives me the best of both thin/no foam (clarity and detail) and thick foams (full body and smoothness).

Before this I was finding it difficult to get any sort of balance between detail and smoothness. The vocals were either harsh or muddy with other foams.

Basically I’d say it’s transformed the sound. They should be shipped with these foams IMO...

I’d say the only thing I’d still like is a little more airy sound because the hiegi foam is quite thick, but most people will find this just about right I feel.

Maybe I’ll look for a foam slightly less thick than hiegi and experiment but most regular full foams didn’t sound as good as hiegi tried it. Although keep in mind I think my ears are smaller than average or more similar to many here from asia :)

Like MX500 shells aren’t very comfortable to me but pk and rose shell’s are. If your ears are bigger than mine then the hiegi foams will not be compressed much and the sound will change most likely for the better.

I have to rest the masyas lightly in my ear to get the best sound.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #30,294 of 75,675
@Carrow

Multi hole Hiegi full foam. 3 central and 3 outer. Yes it was tricky to cut so if you are not confident in cutting the foams I suggest you do as ClieOS did and use a belt punch.

Ok so what it did for the sound? Well it gives me the best of both thin/no foam (clarity and detail) and thick foams (full body and smoothness).

Before this I was finding it difficult to get any sort of balance between detail and smoothness. The vocals were either harsh or muddy with other foams.

Basically I’d say it’s transformed the sound. They should be shipped with these foams IMO...

I’d say the only thing I’d still like is a little more airy sound because the hiegi foam is quite thick, but most people will find this just about right I feel.

Maybe I’ll look for a foam slightly less thick than hiegi and experiment but most regular full foams didn’t sound as good as hiegi tried it. Although keep in mind I think my ears are smaller than average or more similar to many here from asia :)

Like MX500 shells aren’t very comfortable to me but pk and rose shell’s are. If your ears are bigger than mine then the hiegi foams will not be compressed much and the sound will change most likely for the better.

I have to rest the masyas lightly in my ear to get the best sound.
How did you cut like that, using scissors?

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #30,295 of 75,675
Apr 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #30,296 of 75,675
AudioBudget.com said:
YOLOPE V8.
Super cheap earbuds with a very interesting sound signature. Dare I say - a very unexpectedly extended and unique sound signature. They are a hard fit, however, and come without any foam pads. And I'm still looking for a way to make them seal properly without so much effort.
http://www.yolope.com/Products_xx.php?ID=82
201707271132012693.jpg

anyone knows about this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back