Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 28, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #29,491 of 75,467
Well I just pulled the trigger on the K’s Black Ling (Gold Cable) and the Toneking TO400. Excited as I haven’t received any earbuds in a few months :ksc75smile:

I sent a note in my purchase of the black ling to seller asking if he would give me a 2.5mm balanced plug but if not it’s ok just thinking ahead for a balanced dap :)

What deals have people gone for so far? I’m curious as to what everyone will choose to buy :L3000:

Did you order from A K Audio for the Black Ling?

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #29,493 of 75,467
I thought I am getting closer to a decision... Thanks @zeta555 for your honest opinion. I found a few japanese reviews of the Liebesleid and they are all favorable and such high praises. Some rated it higher than the BK and the Mojito on overall transparency and resolution. I understand about the bass and how it is constructed to be not on-the-move friendly except when using the silicon pad before the foam. But which of the 2 sounds closer to the DIY Graphene ($29)? That's currently my sound preference. Just finally got the fund to get to the TOTL level. If funds are limited, I may have settled immediately with the original BK.

So far, reading more and more of these differing opinions makes me more confused than helped. :)

Liebesleid received several bad evaluations at 5ch BBS in Japan.
Liebesleid is very heavy and has a poor fit, so I can not feel the proper sound.
I immediately sold Liebesleid.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #29,494 of 75,467
@H.L. : I've just noticed that you live in Japan. I see 4-5 2nd hand resale Liebesleid at fujiva site. I ever think to get one 2nd hand from Japan. Thanks for your warning. In Japanese market, I see Audio Technica CM707, UCOTECH ES1103, UCOTECH ES1003, Gramo One, quite old fashion wooden housing from radius, etc. Apart from Chi-Fi earbuds, what do you like most?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #29,495 of 75,467
Yep and btw it’s 3.5mm SE only

Thanks, and good to know. Went ahead and ordered it. Would have preferred 2.5 balanced but not a deal breaker at this point.

Example is I feel the BK has a wider soundstage balanced....not sure it is true, but feels that way to me.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #29,496 of 75,467
Thanks, and good to know. Went ahead and ordered it. Would have preferred 2.5 balanced but not a deal breaker at this point.

Example is I feel the BK has a wider soundstage balanced....not sure it is true, but feels that way to me.
That’s what clieos seemed to suggest, more space for separation.

The K’s earbuds already have a larger soundstage so I’ve heard so it may not be an issue.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #29,497 of 75,467
Seahf AWK-F150C vs. TY Hi-Z 150 vs. HE150?

Any other suggestion for earbuds up to $15-20? I'm used to in-ears, haven't had a decent earbuds before, I'm tempted to try some. I listen to broad selection of music (lots of metal/rock, tho). From what I've heard, earbuds are bass-light compared to in-ear so a pair that's able to bridge that gap is welcomed...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #29,498 of 75,467
@H.L. : I've just noticed that you live in Japan. I see 4-5 2nd hand resale Liebesleid at fujiva site. I ever think to get one 2nd hand from Japan. Thanks for your warning. In Japanese market, I see Audio Technica CM707, UCOTECH ES1103, UCOTECH ES1003, Gramo One, quite old fashion wooden housing from radius, etc. Apart from Chi-Fi earbuds, what do you like most?

My favorite earphone is EBX (Equipped with Donut foam) .
EBX has the best reputation in 5ch BBS.
I do not possess Shozy BK, but others say that EBX is preferred to BK.

In my country
Gramo One ... few holders
UCOTECH ... reputation is not good
Audio Technica CM707 ... The performance of Chinese products is better than this

Popularity
Middle ~ High price range ... NiceHCK EBX, Shozy BK
Low price range ... T-Music Version 2, **** EMX500, Yincrow X6, DP100

Unpopular
K's Earphone Ling, Samsara, DIY Graphene, SVARA

k5ZJxQL.jpg

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #29,499 of 75,467
@HungryPanda
If i remember well one of your favorite mmcx earbuds was Ourart Ti7
can you compare it with TONEKING TO400s please?
Ourart Ti7 is still one of my favourite buds, easier to drive than the Toneking TO400s. It is a very pleasant sounding earbud. I have just listened to a few tracks with each and on the acoustic ones the Toneking TO400s gave a much clearer sound with acoustic guitars, voices both male and female were a little more forward making my listening a bit more exciting. Pianos on the Ourart Ti7 are perfect though. I would be happy with either earbud but comfort goes to the Toneking TO400s

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #29,500 of 75,467
Ourart Ti7 is still one of my favourite buds, easier to drive than the Toneking TO400s. It is a very pleasant sounding earbud. I have just listened to a few tracks with each and on the acoustic ones the Toneking TO400s gave a much clearer sound with acoustic guitars, voices both male and female were a little more forward making my listening a bit more exciting. Pianos on the Ourart Ti7 are perfect though. I would be happy with either earbud but comfort goes to the Toneking TO400s

Thank you very much ,i will go for TO400s as the price with discount and coupons is very tempting

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #29,501 of 75,467
I am the one who dislike nicehck graphene so much.(though I less talk about it) After I listened it around less than 3 hours, I decided to resale it and lucky that I could resale it successful, so you might need to rely on other people who share similar sound preference. Speaking of graphene, It recalls me about one Head-Fier here who was ever friendly shared his knowledge and opinions said that how much he dislike nicehck graphene earbuds and in that time, some guys here not only disagreed but also confronted & made sarcastic comments on him until he upset and leave this thread. What's a tragedy story. :sob:

Who are those guys though? Now let me see if I have time to lampoon their a**es off for you ! lol

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #29,502 of 75,467
Hi panda I have a fellow asking me if the TO400s can be driven well from a fiio E10 amp. Now I assume you don’t pocess this amp but I’m thinking surely it can be no less powerful than your portable DAP’s like shanling M1. Are these hard to drive without a powerful amp?

He’s a little paranoid about not being able to use them without spending more money on an amp :D I hope that’s not the case.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #29,503 of 75,467
Yes! I like it @ClieOS

image.jpg

- Heigi Full foams with 3-hole cut out.

I guessed the same hollow sound you mentioned with the Ling can apply to the BS1 without the right fit (they always shift out of position due to cable weight etc). This helps, adds some grunt to the low mids, the soundstage isn’t large anymore but it’s a sacrifice i’m willing to make for a better overall tonality and more musical sound. Texture is there and it’s more akin to the bk now without that artificial brightness in the upper frequencies.

I’ve tried it on another earbud before and it didn’t suit... but it works a charm here. Thanks man!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #29,505 of 75,467
Well Sean my Lotoo Paw 500 drives them fine at just a few notches more than usual, will try with a few more daps later
And looking at the info for that dap it seems to be suitable to portable gear, the fiio e10 seems to output more power than this dap. He should be just fine then. Thanks mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back