Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 7, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #28,141 of 75,235
Thanks mate,
hum, well...a second PK thing not sure haha but perhaps (its just a name so...) and they look quite similar so will put it on wish list:wink:

DId you try Moondrop Nameless? Remind me a little of Mrz Tomahawk in term of airy soundstage, like: your in WIDE earbuds fo'real! But something strange happen with my left earbud and create distortion wich kill the fun fast...hope it will heal magically cause I wanna love them cause of there refreshing soundstage!
Tomahawk is abit different it was airy because it blasted you with treble and it had a metallic sound to it too. Probably not what you’d want for most genres except.. metal.

Never tried the nameless sorry, but it’s probably a better purchase than the pk2 if you already have the panda. Apparently it’s pretty neutral and balanced probably nice airy treble by the description.

If you really want an upgrade and amazing sound quality in the pk shell the shozy bk is the way to go.

The cygnus is great too just not for retail price anymore it’s outdone by the 90-100 earbuds for detail but it’s definitely an upgrade on the pk2/panda for overall coherent sound and a fun engaging signature. If you find a deal on one get it.

Or there is the kinera earbud which is supposed to be excellent if you can find one in the fs section. There’s a guy trying to sell it for £65 in UK but that’s very pricey and if you get one under $50 should be a good buy.

My recommendation is get the nameless for $16! and upgrade to BK if you want pk shell for comfort and premium sound quality.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #28,142 of 75,235
https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/earbud-lovers-fiio-releases-em3k-em3s/#
S80208-115602-001.jpg

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #28,143 of 75,235
Did a bunch of posts get deleted? Seems odd that there has been one post in the last 18 hours! Oh well, less to distract me (hmm, but better check out those fiio's though lol)

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #28,146 of 75,235
No, it just been deadly quiet. Everyone is just listening to their earbuds :)

Can confirm. Listening to earbuds at this very moment.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #28,151 of 75,235
Started up Dark Side of the Moon with Raven Mk 2. I know people have asked for a couple comparisons, and I apologize for delays. Busy with work and family issues, but will try to get to them when I have a little more free time.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #28,153 of 75,235
Which earbuds have the best "small size - sound quality" ratio? I have mx500 size buds, but they are too large for me - fall out when I tilt my head horizontaly. PK2 is OK, but I have a feeling, that my ears would love even a smaller shell size because after some time an ear part named helicys crus starts to hurt.
I've read that Masya is smaller, but has some mixed opinions about weight distribution and fit overall. What other options are there? How small is Ting?
I'm looking for detailed signature and wide stage btw (another metalhead).

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #28,154 of 75,235
Which earbuds have the best "small size - sound quality" ratio? I have mx500 size buds, but they are too large for me - fall out when I tilt my head horizontaly. PK2 is OK, but I have a feeling, that my ears would love even a smaller shell size because after some time an ear part named helicys crus starts to hurt.
I've read that Masya is smaller, but has some mixed opinions about weight distribution and fit overall. What other options are there? How small is Ting?

Monk lite 120ohm . This is based on 60 seconds of listening to the ones I just received :)

Edit: Oops, I see that you don't mention a budget, so these are only good (actually, amazing) if you only want to spend less then $10 lol

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #28,155 of 75,235
Auglamour RX1 is very small but not suited to metal sadly. Not sure with other options there are but someone may have other suggestions for metal.

As you gave good details about where it’s actually effecting your ear I’ll say that in my experience the earbud is supposed to rest against that part and almost every earbud will be large enough to do so. What you may be looking for is a thinner design that doesn’t put pressure on that part and rests very lightly against the ear.

Designs like the Masya would fit this criteria. Of course if you are indeed looking for a smaller diameter shell and are willing to spend some money check reviews of the Moondrop liebsleid, K’s Ling (there’s a few variants of this), K’s Posiedon, Toneking ROS1 (more budget friendly).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back