Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #26,041 of 75,270
Would you be able to share your thoughts on the K's 600 and the EBX? I have an EBX on the way and just wondering whether it's worth trying for the 600 whilst there is a discount on it. I didn't see any reviews or impressions on here.

Cheers.
The K's K600 is my favourite earbud whilst sitting at my desk. It is akin to having a regular headphone on but it does like a bit of juice so it has to be amped. The EBX is easy to drive and much better built it is solid with changeable cable.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #26,043 of 75,270
The K's K600 is my favourite earbud whilst sitting at my desk. It is akin to having a regular headphone on but it does like a bit of juice so it has to be amped. The EBX is easy to drive and much better built it is solid with changeable cable.

Many thanks. I'll have a think about this. I have a Mojo for mobile duties and run my main rig through my Audiolab M-DAC.

I feel I need to address my lack of high impedance buds :)

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #26,046 of 75,270
I want to upgrade my buds, my budget is around the 170 euros, what is the earbud with the best image that you have tried?

What sort of sound signature do you prefer? Do you like something more neutral? Or something slightly more analytical?

At around your price I would perhaps say ABnormal Diomnes Lv2, but they are discontinued. CampFred 2 are slightly more expensive but have excellent imaging. How about Rose Mojito? It has got a big soundstage. Unfortunately I found it to be too bright for my taste so I sold my pair...

Thanks. I did see that before your reply, but no ordering info or pricing there, neither is there any response to the registration form they have. I'm not sure I understand how they are operating, invite only to forum members? waiting lists? No matter, I will continue to gather info from this thread and look elsewhere.

When I bought my first Cypherus earbuds I contacted Cypherus on their Facebook page and then Herry of Cyhperus and I discussed the order through e-mails. Cypherus is pretty much a one man company so it is best to send questions through e-mail to Cypherus/Herry.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #26,048 of 75,270
Some of the smaller Indonesian earbud boutiques can be difficult to get in contact with. When I bought Diomnes Lv2 from ABnormal, the whole deal was conducted through Facebook message. I prefer e-mail in that case.

I can send you Herry's e-mail address in a PM. Or you can send a PM to Cyperus here on Head fi...

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #26,049 of 75,270
What sort of sound signature do you prefer? Do you like something more neutral? Or something slightly more analytical?

At around your price I would perhaps say ABnormal Diomnes Lv2, but they are discontinued. CampFred 2 are slightly more expensive but have excellent imaging. How about Rose Mojito? It has got a big soundstage. Unfortunately I found it to be too bright for my taste so I sold my pair...

To bright it would be a problem, I'll like something balanced, neutral. Diomnes Lv2 could be my choice but also shipping to Abnormal the old Monk to make the Diomnes costs so much

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #26,051 of 75,270
I want to upgrade my buds, my budget is around the 170 euros, what is the earbud with the best image that you have tried?

best imaging /staging would be the Mojito, but i personally don't like it very much... too piercing on the treble and not an all arounder. nearest to the mojito with warmer sound and smoother highs would be the liebesleid. there is also the masya (good mids) and K's 500 or samsara (good bass), these also have good imaging

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #26,053 of 75,270
best imaging /staging would be the Mojito, but i personally don't like it very much... too piercing on the treble and not an all arounder. nearest to the mojito with warmer sound and smoother highs would be the liebesleid. there is also the masya (good mids) and K's 500 or samsara (good bass), these also have good imaging

Piercing and sibilance for me is a problem, I'm a little bit sensitive to the high, and the liebesleid is a little bit pricey

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #26,054 of 75,270
I sold my pair of Shozy Cygnus right after I got my pair of QFred. QFred is by far the best midcentric earbud I've heard. Unfortunately it is a bit limited because of that and mainly genres that focus on vocals and/or acoustic instrument brings the QFred to their full potential. For that reason I might skip this new one. I still like to keep QFred because it can bring a nice change to my other earbuds that have a more even FQ response....

Well if it’s a more balanced version of what you described I may be forced to consider it at the least. Although I have many balanced earbuds with strongmid range but I’ll definitely keep it at the top of my wish list lol
@seanc6441 : Don't buy any earbuds more. Save up money for a new TOTL badminton racket likes YONEX DUORA 10 better. lol

Back to topic, my BS1 Official 2.5 mm. Plug has surpassed 10 hours burn-in. It becomes better and better than the very first hours. Once it was out of box, it is mediocre sound. From my memory (which can be wrong), now I have to say detail retrieval from this one is beyond Shozy BK performance. For my ears, the sound tendancy is somewhat upgraded Toneking TO200 sound. Better textured bass, better sub-bass response, more transparency and smooth vocal, the height and depth of sound stage is higher, the width of soundstage might be not much less than TO200. (I still feel Kinera buds is wider soundstage than both TO200 and BS1) However, I don't think this is the real sound of BS1 Official cause It just 10+hours burn-in.

Well that’s encouraging. Cannot wait to hear mine now :)

And no I won’t be changing my racket for a long time I love my Victor BS12 too much!

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #26,055 of 75,270
its the same one i have...what u mean by upside down i dont really get it... maybe they may sound better if the holes are opened up

I will try to explain better my problem with the sound of new MX760 graphene:
I only want to say that if I change the left earbud and I put it on the right ear, and I put the right earbud on the left ear, the sound changes for me a lot of. Maybe it's a problem with the shape of my ears.
I only want to know if somebody has the same problem like me. Probably the assymetric shape of MX760 capsule don't fit well in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back