Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #25,516 of 75,235
Thanks, so it looks like the shozy will definitely be picked up.

How does thr campfred2 compare to the Shozy BK?

I guess at this point, I'm looking for one more IEM to complement the shozy bk and Campfred2.

I've also ordered the new NiceHCK graphene as my cheapo to leave in my bag.

Basically:

Shozy BK - more intimate soundstage and more sparkly highs
CampFred 2 - deeper soundstage that gives the listener a better feel of instrument placement and separation. Deeper and more hard hitting bass (well, at least for an earbud).

I find that they complement each other quite well.

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #25,517 of 75,235
Life has been keeping me busy with a new baby so I am unable to dip into this hobby for a while. Some of my buds are collecting dust and they deserve a new home.

Thus, with sadness, I announce I am selling my favourite buds, the rare and elusive, Diomnes Lv 2.

They are past burn-in phase but nothing beyond that. Everything is in pristine condition. Check the For Sale forum for details or PM me.

Congrats on the new baby!

I do think you should keep the earbuds you like that are so rare like Diomnes Lv2! I'm busy with a 3 month old baby and a 3 year old kid but I intend on keeping the collection I have now. At least the TOTL buds. I don't have much time to use the earbuds at home but use them at work and when I go to and from work.

I did bring the $600+ Red Dragon to work using a box for a pair of my clip on earphones. But even if the box is big it was a bit tight for the Red Dragon because of the thick and stiff cable, so I became worried about the earbuds becoming damaged during transport. So now I keep them at home where I pretty much never have time to use them. But I intend to use them as soon as I've got time.

Now I actually sort of feel like I do not need anything new. I'm even starting to forget about Moondrop Liebesleid.

Well, the buyer of your Diomnes earbuds should know that he or she is getting a really great pair of earbuds that are well worth the money.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #25,518 of 75,235
Regarding good buds for classical music, I personally found the bright sound signature of Rose Mojito to lead to a sort of unnatural tone in instruments. I have to hype the Yincrow RW-777 a bit here again, mainly since they do not get much attention. With a wide and deep soundstage and a neutral sound signature they might work well with classical music.

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #25,519 of 75,235
probably, their lack of ample sub bass and vibrant mids mean they cant do processed electronic music well . nto to say they are bad, but i feel they are made for a different type of listener. the type that wants that wow effect, not an audiophile.

I respect your opinion. By the way, do you mind telling your favourite setup such as daps or dac/amp, mate?

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #25,521 of 75,235
Now I actually sort of feel like I do not need anything new. I'm even starting to forget about Moondrop Liebesleid.

good for you. for me, after the Liebesleid, i'm quite satisfied and loose a lot of steam for purchasing or trying a new one, well, at least for now. although i still enjoy reading this thread to see if there's a new earbuds that interest me again.
Nowadays i settled for this set:
-Svara L with bluetooth cable as my daily driver when i need to move around a lot
-Willsound MK2 for daily wired backup if the Svara's out of battery
-Liebesleid when i can sit/lay down and really enjoy listening to music

i might slim down my rarely used buds in the future, because I'm not really a collector.. although the Red Demun will likely stay with me forever.. it just have that special thing, i don't use it quite often, but i can't seem to find a reason to let it go.

I have to hype the Yincrow RW-777 a bit here again, mainly since they do not get much attention. With a wide and deep soundstage and a neutral sound signature they might work well with classical music.
now this earbud isn't talk a lot..does the bass extend deep or rolled off? does the treble grainy sounding?

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #25,523 of 75,235
The first time is always the hardest! :wink:

I find it helps to take your nail and kind of pry while pulling in a straight motion.

lol - I'm trying to get it on :)

Must have been the earpiece, since the red one clicked on without too much trouble. Might not be getting the cable back off the blue one though :)

Anyway, job done now, thanks. Time for some burning.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #25,525 of 75,235
not into DAcs and AMps, using common equipment like iphone and laptop

OIC, I guess theres something to do with that as well. I often find the likes of Graphene does poorly on my phone and laptop as well. It just very sensitive towards what you feeds it with. Not meaning to be bad. Just, I found it tends to be quite brittle on treble region and lacks the body when being driven from phone and more worse, laptop (MSI CX-61). The same finding as yours. Synergy can be one of the biggest factor too. I think, best to find more fun sounding signature akin to Vido or EMX500-ish sounding if you are going to stick with phone or laptop. Totally will balances out the synergy and to a certain extent, avoid treble harshness problem in my opinion. Really looking forward to your finding if you are going to pick up or demo some dedicated player or dac/amp with your earbuds soon. YMMV

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #25,526 of 75,235
Thanks! I did put a lot of thought of keeping the Diomnes Lv2. A few months of thinking, actually. In the end, raising a child is expensive lol.

Congrats on the new baby!

I do think you should keep the earbuds you like that are so rare like Diomnes Lv2! I'm busy with a 3 month old baby and a 3 year old kid but I intend on keeping the collection I have now. At least the TOTL buds. I don't have much time to use the earbuds at home but use them at work and when I go to and from work.

I did bring the $600+ Red Dragon to work using a box for a pair of my clip on earphones. But even if the box is big it was a bit tight for the Red Dragon because of the thick and stiff cable, so I became worried about the earbuds becoming damaged during transport. So now I keep them at home where I pretty much never have time to use them. But I intend to use them as soon as I've got time.

Well, the buyer of your Diomnes earbuds should know that he or she is getting a really great pair of earbuds that are well worth the money.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #25,527 of 75,235

OIC, I guess theres something to do with that as well. I often find the likes of Graphene does poorly on my phone and laptop as well. It just very sensitive towards what you feeds it with. Not meaning to be bad. Just, I found it tends to be quite brittle on treble region and lacks the body when being driven from phone and more worse, laptop (MSI CX-61). The same finding as yours. Synergy can be one of the biggest factor too. I think, best to find more fun sounding signature akin to Vido or EMX500-ish sounding if you are going to stick with phone or laptop. Totally will balances out the synergy and to a certain extent, avoid treble harshness problem in my opinion. Really looking forward to your finding if you are going to pick up or demo some dedicated player or dac/amp with your earbuds soon. YMMV

well i did play sound audiophile grade music ( youtube) and yes they sounded better than others on the new graphenes, so yr observation may be valid...well my verdict is still not yet out on them.. earlier i noted that they do sound different from the first day most of the hollowness is gone .. they might be burning in as we speak... I can only fully conclude after 50 hours

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #25,528 of 75,235
Recently i bought RHA T20 but i find them to bright and lack of deep bass compared to my SoundMagic E10. On what i think RHA is really good is with SoundStage, Clarity, Detail.
I was testing them on my OPO 5T + Viper4Android (Viper-DDC - V4ARISE.vdc, Spectrum Extension - 1.0, Convolver - Paul-Sterio.irs), but i also had V30 i still found them to bright and missing that deep bass that E10 has.

Can any one recommend me a different pair?

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #25,529 of 75,235
Recently i bought RHA T20 but i find them to bright and lack of deep bass compared to my SoundMagic E10. On what i think RHA is really good is with SoundStage, Clarity, Detail.
I was testing them on my OPO 5T + Viper4Android (Viper-DDC - V4ARISE.vdc, Spectrum Extension - 1.0, Convolver - Paul-Sterio.irs), but i also had V30 i still found them to bright and missing that deep bass that E10 has.

Can any one recommend me a different pair?

This is the earbud thread, there are no IEMs in here :)

Is it an earbud you are looking for?

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #25,530 of 75,235

well i did play sound audiophile grade music ( youtube) and yes they sounded better than others on the new graphenes, so yr observation may be valid...well my verdict is still not yet out on them.. earlier i noted that they do sound different from the first day most of the hollowness is gone .. they might be burning in as we speak... I can only fully conclude after 50 hours

Burning in could do some magic and tricky sometimes. Hopefully it will be favoured in your case soon. One thing, I'm not sure everyone will agree or not but anything coming out of youtube is highly compressed. Even HD recording is suffering from it. Have you tried Tidal instead or any other high definition streaming services? At least, they are not as compressed as one in youtube IMO. Hopefully, you could give it a try soon and let us know here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back