Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 3, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #23,401 of 75,334
Some thoughts on Qian69. Overall nice sound good technically and musically.Bass tight and fast. I can hear the membrane of a drum gets hit. Tight guitars. Good positioning of instruments and voices. But the midrange has some dip and is a little dry. So in this department I prefer both emx 500 and Vido for vocals. Good transition from mids to highs, but there is some minor metallic aftertaste. Cymbals crash nicely.
As someone said they are very comfortable and stable in the ears. Combined with a chin slider should be possible to do some light jogging and the lightweight cable also helps. Also like them aesthetically and the box they came in. Overall I think Qian 69 could make a nice small present.
Edit: took yincrow x6 out of the drawer and I like their sound much more than qian. It seems qian has some weirdness in the sound cant say why.
Edit2: but yincrow has too thick of a bass, where is my vido. There is too much confusion, there must be some kind of way out of here.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #23,402 of 75,334
Some thoughts on Qian69. Overall nice sound good technically and musically.Bass tight and fast. I can hear the membrane of a drum gets hit. Tight guitars. Good positioning of instruments and voices. But the midrange has some dip and is a little dry. So in this department I prefer both emx 500 and Vido for vocals. Good transition from mids to highs, but there is some minor metallic aftertaste. Cymbals crash nicely.
As someone said they are very comfortable and stable in the ears. Combined with a chin slider should be possible to do some light jogging and the lightweight cable also helps. Also like them aesthetically and the box they came in. Overall I think Qian 69 could make a nice small present.
Thanks for the reminder. I’m getting Vidos for my headfi friends

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #23,403 of 75,334
I just received my most anticipated product buy from online.
The K's Earphone K300.
I am not audiophile.But i am so much excited to hear the high impedance earphone sound.But I can't hear any magical difference compare to my apple earpods.Actually my apple earpods sound like more open to me.
I tested it on my lg g6 quad dac.When i enable my dac it's only gain the volume.Other wise it's too low.
Bit disappointed.Though my only aim to buy this earphone to check what is quad dac sound like.
Any recommend you guys to buy other earphone that can increase my audio experience level at lower price range earphone.Or should i stick with them?

I was initially very unimpressed with my K300s too. But be patient, let them burn in for a while and find a good amp to drive them. I've really come to enjoy them.

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #23,405 of 75,334
I read many websites that earphone burning is just a hoax.My only option to drive this earphone is my phone.

How reliable is your phone in terms of power? Usually for high ohm earbuds, you need an amp or a reliable dap. My iPhone can get some earbuds to reasonable volume, but it will sound thin and lifeless. Usually for phones, you want an earbud that's more efficient.

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #23,406 of 75,334
I have K300 and K600 and use them with my desktop amp would not use them on my phone and not even my daps, the K300's sound ok from my Fiio x5iii but still better from my amp

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #23,408 of 75,334
It's use Sabre ES9218+ Dac,

That's just a DAC though. What I'm talking about is the amp. DAC just determines how clear your music will sound. Amp determines how loud your music can get.

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #23,409 of 75,334
I read many websites that earphone burning is just a hoax.My only option to drive this earphone is my phone.

Pretty much what's already been said. You have a decent DAC I assume (no exp with the LG) but what you need is an amp with enough power to drive 300 ohms.

I initially listened to the K300s with my iPhone and was severely disappointed, thought it was worse than the already unimpressive Monk+. But once I ran it though the Mojo, it was significantly better. Kinda defeats the purpose of having something so compact and portable if you have to pair it with a chunky amp but tis the price you pay to be an audiophile, headphile or whateverphile.

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #23,410 of 75,334
That's just a DAC though. What I'm talking about is the amp. DAC just determines how clear your music will sound. Amp determines how loud your music can get.

+1. Even my 20ohm graphenes scale up nicely with an amp. Although they sound great straight off of my phone or off of a dap such as the colorfly c3, they really come to life when paired up with an amp.

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #23,411 of 75,334
Ooo i thought amp and dac is same thing.I noob.
Btw i have open a thread in Help & Recommend section in there one member called "ProtegeManiac" he suggest some earphone.
Here is my initial thought-

TFZ Series 1S or 5S (My 1st choice because of looks.But in review all i see complaining about Heavy Bass.So i guess i can't use this for long time listing )

KZ ZS3 or ZST (Don't like it)

Mee Audio M6 Pro (My 3rd choice,kind of final choice.It's the most popular among on his list.)

VSonic VS3DS (Like it for brand.But its lack of bass.)

Waiting for your thought about this & also other recommendation earphone

Pretty much what's already been said. You have a decent DAC I assume (no exp with the LG) but what you need is an amp with enough power to drive 300 ohms.

I initially listened to the K300s with my iPhone and was severely disappointed, thought it was worse than the already unimpressive Monk+. But once I ran it though the Mojo, it was significantly better. Kinda defeats the purpose of having something so compact and portable if you have to pair it with a chunky amp but tis the price you pay to be an audiophile, headphile or whateverphile.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #23,412 of 75,334
Ooo i thought amp and dac is same thing.I noob.
Btw i have open a thread in Help & Recommend section in there one member called "ProtegeManiac" he suggest some earphone.
Here is my initial thought-

TFZ Series 1S or 5S (My 1st choice because of looks.But in review all i see complaining about Heavy Bass.So i guess i can't use this for long time listing )

KZ ZS3 or ZST (Don't like it)

Mee Audio M6 Pro (My 3rd choice,kind of final choice.It's the most popular among on his list.)

VSonic VS3DS (Like it for brand.But its lack of bass.)

Waiting for your thought about this & also other recommendation earphone

The Chi-fi IEM thread will be more helpful to you than here.

Edit: link

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #23,413 of 75,334
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #23,414 of 75,334
Thanks for the reminder. I’m getting Vidos for my headfi friends
Vido's are overhyped for me. Yes for €3 they are phenomenal but I preferred the Monks. The Vido bass was just too boomy and the mids were grainy. Nonetheless I can't complain at the price.

So my DIY PK2's that were giving issues I got a 50% refund rather than bothering returning them. This allowed me to open them up and attempt a repair. I cut and resoldered the wire end which was damaged on one earbud. That seemed to have fixed the issue. I let the buds burn in for 10 hours and I'm pleasantly surprised by these earbuds. I'm using them with Heigi donut foams with seem to bring out the best sound (still need to test monk thin foams when I get more soon).

The are incredibly easy to drive. 40% volume off of my iphone 6s had them at a high level. Lots of energy too.

The sound is pretty well balanced and very 'full' with impressive sub bass and tight punchy mid bass. Slightly warm mids that are very sweet. The natural tone of vocals are pleasing, vocals are slightly laid back on some tracks but not overly so. Clarity is moderate to good but not exceptional, although on tracks that are more vocal oriented they sound great. High's are detailed and energetic, treble is sparkly. Not overly tiresome though. I'd consider it high's done right!

When opening up the housing to repair the wire I had the idea to turn the driver/grille 45 degrees towards the front on each earbud. This allowed the front vents to align with the ear canal and resulted in better clarity and in my opinion a tonely better sound as the venting is shozy cygnus style and not fully vented on top and bottom.

My one complaint would be the soundstage. Whilst it did improve somewhat after burn in. do find it's only modest width and depth. Until I burn them in for 50+ hours I won't know if the soundstage will grow more but time will tell I guess. But throw acoustic and electric guitar at it and vocal tracks and wow it's a brilliant budget earbud. Also the separation is decent but not brilliant either and some busy tracks can start to sound slighty congested.

I'd easily recommend this earbud for €16-19 (I got the €19 gold/brown cable version from NiceHCK but the silver for version looks just as good for €17). It's perfect for mobile devices as it requires little power run well and it delivers a great warm, energetic and balanced sound signature for the price.

Now to get my EMX500 and compare them :)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #23,415 of 75,334
Vido's are overhyped for me. Yes for €3 they are phenomenal but I preferred the Monks. The Vido bass was just too boomy and the mids were grainy. Nonetheless I can't complain at the price.

do try recable them. i acquired a recabled vido, and it is better than my EMX500 in extension and clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back