Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #22,336 of 75,463
Only one minor thing though :wink:
I was so totally smitten by the Samsara, that I did not give K600 enough time before posting initial impressions. Now they have endured some rough EDM burn in, and boy they do sound exceptionally good as well, with quite cleaner extension in the high frequencies than the K500, while still keeping that distinct bass response.
Right now I'm not certain which of the buds I should recommend to K500 lovers. If you are planning on doing a singles day purchase, please PM when we are closer to the date, and I'll give a further update.
Let this be a lesson to my self to never post impressions before I've given them the time they deserve...

Hmm, I am curious about the K's 600. Judging from the pictures, it looks like it's using the same cable as the EMX 500. Unfortunately, I don't like the look and feel of that cable.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #22,340 of 75,463
My Blur 300 Ohm just arrived. Can't wait to try them!

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #22,341 of 75,463
Hmm, I am curious about the K's 600. Judging from the pictures, it looks like it's using the same cable as the EMX 500. Unfortunately, I don't like the look and feel of that cable.

I agree that the cable don't look good on the K600 compared to K's nicest cables. I don't have the EMX 500 but I guess it's similar to the NICEHCK MX500. The K600 cable is far more soft and limber than the MX500 cable. They look similar on potato pictures like mine, but are actually quite different when you feel them.

K600 vs emx500.jpg

Bonus pics:
K500 samsara.jpg

all k.jpg

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #22,342 of 75,463
Beautiful.

Lovely!

How's the sound after-mod?

Did u upgrade to a better plug?
Yeah i did, it is an eidolic barrel with a matching cable splitter. Too be honest I didn't listen to them a whole lot before recabling. I can definitely tell the mids changed for the better, i am still experimenting a little with foam. I will have more impressions the more I listen.

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #22,343 of 75,463
Some thoughts regarding what I've been experiencing with earbuds as I was primarily an iem guy, but treading the earbud space. My comments will be regarding the Auglamour RX-1 as that is the only real good earbud I own currently.

Although the RX-1 speakers are sized larger than what I've expected of typical buds from ipods or Sansa players, and had difficulty figuring out how to keep them in place, after discovering that foam keeps them in my ear was a bit of an awakening as previous buds I've tried were not sized so large like the RX-1, but about ibuds size and worked find with the rubber ring to keep them in place. They do keep place, and doesn't fall off so easily as I was expecting. I can walk with them without them falling off. I think the outer area where the buds are placed has streched, and the RX-1 fits better now.

As far as isolation. As long as the noise level isn't so high, listening to them outside works well. As somebody noted, iems can be too isolating, but what I notice with buds is, it seems more natural not to be so isolating( I guess naturalness comes from our reality having some noise level in the ambiance as we tune into music). If one wan't noise reduction, you just find a quiet area to listen to them. It does isolate just enough if anybody is concerned with that. It's better than you'd expect.

Something about earbuds sound seems like sound is free(in a sense of getting more open sound toward speakers), I guess iems insertion and suction takes away from that experience in a tactile sense.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #22,345 of 75,463
Hi, guys! So here's the deal.

I just bought three buds: the Aglamour rx1, Hi-Z 150 (1st ver.), and the Nicehck diy pk2. While I love the mids of the rx1, its insufficient bass and treble response got me hooked up to the pk2's sig. But just the other night, as I was switching between the 150 and the pk2, I found that the pk2 is definitely lacking in body presentation of instruments especially in jazz and acoustic songs though I still find its mids good.

Now, I want to ask y'all if the Music Maker/Toneking Tomahawk will fit the bill of what I'm looking for. A midcentric bud with good timbre, like that of the Hi-Z 150, and forward vocals, good imaging, and instrument separation similar to that of the nicehck pk2?

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #22,347 of 75,463
Hi, guys! So here's the deal.

I just bought three buds: the Aglamour rx1, Hi-Z 150 (1st ver.), and the Nicehck diy pk2. While I love the mids of the rx1, its insufficient bass and treble response got me hooked up to the pk2's sig. But just the other night, as I was switching between the 150 and the pk2, I found that the pk2 is definitely lacking in body presentation of instruments especially in jazz and acoustic songs though I still find its mids good.

Now, I want to ask y'all if the Music Maker/Toneking Tomahawk will fit the bill of what I'm looking for. A midcentric bud with good timbre, like that of the Hi-Z 150, and forward vocals, good imaging, and instrument separation similar to that of the nicehck pk2?
I thought the treble was sufficient and it sounds pretty balanced besides the lack of sub-bass, but I thought the bass was still pretty sufficient as well. I think the mids can be improved a bit in terms of clarity and separation even though mids are pretty good with them(RX-1).

The problem I face with a lot of the buds I get recommended is they are not available on Amazon. It takes longer than I wish to wait to get it shipped, and it's hard for me to trust international shipments not to go wrong. Amazon is most reliable for me.

Which would you say has the best clarity, sound stage, and resolution?

Also, where are people purchasing all these unique earbuds from? Aliexpress? Which is the most reputable dealer for purchase a lot of these recommended earbuds?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #22,350 of 75,463
The problem I face with a lot of the buds I get recommended is they are not available on Amazon. It takes longer than I wish to wait to get it shipped, and it's hard for me to trust international shipments not to go wrong. Amazon is most reliable for me.

Don't be this guy

Aliexpress is as safe as anything. It's complicated to talk about where we buy some of the buds, because that particular seller is banned on Head-Fi. But is "easy" to search for the store.
The other most popular store is NICEHCK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back