Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 26, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #21,106 of 75,861
As I did not like Elecom Earbud which I bought from Ebay, I just asked the seller that I did not like it and not as per my expectations, without even asking if I want to return or what, he simply just deduct $0.99 and return the rest of the amount. I appreciate such seller who has this kind of customer satisfaction standard. The seller is japan-kamikaze02 and this is the product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BassX-SMARTplus-Black-earbuds-/252954015808

The sound is more like Monk+ I believe.

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #21,108 of 75,861
Thanks to your help I bought the Qian39, which will arrive in three weeks.
As they are very cheap, I could pay something more. I have seen the following models:

- Remax RM-305M
- 2017 New NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud
- AUGLAMOUR RX-1
- 1MORE EO320

Which do you think has a greater presence of bass and better fit for small ears?
Vocals for me is important too.

Again, thank you very much for your help in advance.
I guess 1MORE EO320 should have great bass but I have not heard of it or any other. But from the past discussions, I think RM-305M and RX-1 do not have Bass at all.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #21,109 of 75,861
Thanks to your help I bought the Qian39, which will arrive in three weeks.
As they are very cheap, I could pay something more. I have seen the following models:

- Remax RM-305M
- 2017 New NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud
- AUGLAMOUR RX-1
- 1MORE EO320

Which do you think has a greater presence of bass and better fit for small ears?
Vocals for me is important too.

Again, thank you very much for your help in advance.

I haven't heard the Remax.

For the other three, assuming the 1More is the newer version as I can't remember if that one's the newer or older, the bass is reasonably pleasant by my standards, which means for most here will be anywhere from a solid amount of bass to too much, and it feels like a smaller housing than the MX500. It's a fun earbud which does nothing wrong, but due to my collection can at times feel a little dull which honestly is an unfair assessment. I do like it more than the Qian39, which is a very comfortable earbud with an enjoyable sound.

As for the RX-1 & DIY PK2, if you're seeking bass, there are other routes to go like the EMX500.

@knudsen I still haven't had a chance to compare as I've been really busy with work lately, but will get to it on my days off.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #21,110 of 75,861
I guess 1MORE EO320 should have great bass but I have not heard of it or any other. But from the past discussions, I think RM-305M and RX-1 do not have Bass at all.

I haven't heard the Remax.
For the other three, assuming the 1More is the newer version as I can't remember if that one's the newer or older, the bass is reasonably pleasant by my standards, which means for most here will be anywhere from a solid amount of bass to too much, and it feels like a smaller housing than the MX500. It's a fun earbud which does nothing wrong, but due to my collection can at times feel a little dull which honestly is an unfair assessment. I do like it more than the Qian39, which is a very comfortable earbud with an enjoyable sound.
As for the RX-1 & DIY PK2, if you're seeking bass, there are other routes to go like the EMX500.

Thanks for the help to both.

1MORE EO320 is the new version, EO303 is the old version. I assume that you are not talking about the new version with dual driver.
I've been reading the thread days ago and I've seen that the earbuds you recommend (EMX500) may be the sound I'm looking for. And although they have the MX500 design, I bought them just to prove it is really what I'm looking for.
For now, I'll wait until the Qian39 and the EMX500 arrive. Then I'll decide if I buy the 1more OE320.

Thank you very much.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #21,111 of 75,861

1MORE EO320 is the new version, EO303 is the old version. I assume that you are not talking about the new version with dual driver.
I've been reading the thread days ago and I've seen that the earbuds you recommend (EMX500) may be the sound I'm looking for. And although they have the MX500 design, I bought them just to prove it is really what I'm looking for.
For now, I'll wait until the Qian39 and the EMX500 arrive. Then I'll decide if I buy the 1more OE320.

Thank you very much.
I am not sure if new one is with dual driver. But I don't think this or any earbuds has dual driver. I head about dual or even triple drivers in IEMs.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #21,112 of 75,861
I am not sure if new one is with dual driver. But I don't think this or any earbuds has dual driver. I head about dual or even triple drivers in IEMs.

Rose Masya, for example...

Rose Masya New Version Dual Dynamic Driver High Quality Audiophile Flat-Head Earbud

Description

• Dual dynamic driver flat-head earbud, pop and vocals are delicate and sweet, full of low-frequency sense of diffuse, excellent quality. Suitable for all kinds of pop, Europe and the United States pop, rock, jazz and so on
  • Rose Masya is equipped with 1.5 meters of 128 shares of oxygen-free copper vocal cord, wire soft, easy to carry, natural sound; high frequency is not thorn, vocal clarity.
  • Earphone Shell is using the new 3d printing technology, the German tempered glass paint, glass texture, smooth and beautiful, full sense of science and technology.
Specification

• Driver: 16mm dynamic driver & 10mm dynamic driver
  • Impedance: 12Ω
  • Earphone sensitivity: 98db/mW
  • Frequency range: 8-22000Hz
  • Earphone Interface Type: 2-pin 0.75mm Interface
  • Plug: 3.5mm
  • Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
  • Weight: 18g

Or "1MORE E1008" : https://uk.1more.com/collections/in-ear-headphones/products/1more-dual-driver-earbud-headphones

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #21,113 of 75,861

Thank you very much.
You will like the EMX500. Very good bass and overall a very nice sound. I really like mine.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #21,117 of 75,861
Me too! And I fully confirm your impressions. I also like it! :ksc75smile:
It's really good earbuds for the price, except the cable I hate: too rigid and too microphonic. :slight_frown:
Hi!

I have doubts about this earbuds.
I like very much EMX500 and Vido.
After them PK2 arrived and although my head doesn't vibrate with bass (my first test when an earbud come is to play MY PYT from Wale) I don't know but I love its sound. It's like all sound are more delicate. I'm very bad with descriptions. Bass is there but it sounds different. Not like a vibration but as detailed sound.

Do you think these Yiun are better than PK2.
You already said that they are not very bassy so I discard comparisons to Vido and EMX500.
What do to mean by microphonic cable?
For those who already have it. Any recommendation about color/cable to choose?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #21,119 of 75,861
Hi. Do you keep Bass and Treble 100% in PowerAmp?

No, never. I mostly go with "Flat" followed by "Bass & Treble" presets. If you keep bass and treble at 100% maybe that could explain the high rate of faiilures you describe?

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #21,120 of 75,861
You are absolutely right, and I apologize for sort of bombarding this thread yesterday with DIY related discussion. Going forward I will post this sort of stuff in the DIY Buds thread. I'm not sure where to post the FR graphs for non DIY buds though. Do you guys want me to keep posting that in here? or should I move that elsewhere as well?

I think moving the mod comparison FR graphs to the DIY thread is both logical and a good decision. But by all means, keep posting your FR graphs for retail buds here in this thread.
Your posts from the last couple of days have been the most useful ones I've seen in this thread for a very long time. The all too common picture postings without comments in this thread are 9 times out of 10 just noise that don't help anyone making informed decisions on what buds that would be interesting to try out, and are more suited for Instagram or such.
So please keep posting your findings about retail buds here, and I'll follow your DIY findings in the other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back