Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 2, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #19,367 of 75,419
I'm not sure if they can. Totl in the headphone world is outrageous. That being said, I actually enjoy the Rose Mojito and Masya more than say HD650 Senn's because of what I consider a more realistic vocal intimacy. Maybe it's the way buds sit right on the outside of your ear hole.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #19,369 of 75,419
I'm not sure if they can. Totl in the headphone world is outrageous. That being said, I actually enjoy the Rose Mojito and Masya more than say HD650 Senn's because of what I consider a more realistic vocal intimacy. Maybe it's the way buds sit right on the outside of your ear hole.

They also go up to thousands of dollars. I think earbuds are a great low cost alternative into audiophile territory. I just got some Focal Elears, and I would say they are Shozy BK on steroids. Punchy, detailed, yet smooth. Also $150+ vs $1K in price. That's not including the amp and dac it takes to show the Elear's potential.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #19,370 of 75,419
They also go up to thousands of dollars. I think earbuds are a great low cost alternative into audiophile territory. I just got some Focal Elears, and I would say they are Shozy BK on steroids. Punchy, detailed, yet smooth. Also $150+ vs $1K in price. That's not including the amp and dac it takes to show the Elear's potential.

question for you, what's your top 5 earbud right now?

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #19,372 of 75,419
question for you, what's your top 5 earbud right now?

I feel like I haven't heard enough earbuds to give an objective ranking. But I've liked Cypherus earbuds and Shozy above the others. Would like to hear one of the 600 ohm buds and still waiting until I get one of TOTL buds - Zen 2.0 Black or CAX Black.

I saw someone selling a Zen 2.0 Black, but not sure if I want to bite, since I did not like the Zen 2.0.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #19,373 of 75,419
I feel like I haven't heard enough earbuds to give an objective ranking. But I've liked Cypherus earbuds and Shozy above the others. Would like to hear one of the 600 ohm buds and still waiting until I get one of TOTL buds - Zen 2.0 Black or CAX Black.

I saw someone selling a Zen 2.0 Black, but not sure if I want to bite, since I did not like the Zen 2.0.

I've been wondering what are the differences between Zen 2 black version and normal one, beside the cable that justify for it almost double price tag.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #19,374 of 75,419
I've been wondering what are the differences between Zen 2 black version and normal one, beside the cable that justify for it almost double price tag.

Pretty sure Lee said it's just the cable (I guess the jack as well, Oyaide which are like $15 on their own) and driver is the same. It is Cardas cable which is crazy expensive, and AFAIK pretty hard to obtain except in bulk which would require a not insignificant outlay.

I'm probably among the least likely people who would ever consider buying Black Edition, but reckoning how much some business charge for custom cables and recabling jobs, this price probably isn't so out of line. I seem to remember that some AE stores were already straight up selling recabled Zen before VE offered the option, guess there is some demand for it.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #19,376 of 75,419
theKube earbuds (earKube 1.0) + theKube DAP

I heard this is a Singaporean company and manufactured in Indonesia.

The earbuds sounds REEAAALLYYY GOOOD for the price. These reminds me of Seahf 32.

Short impression: big bass impact, clear mids.

I have no reason to use my TY HI-Z 32 anymore.. HI-Z's vocals are too dry and this earbud fixed it. Though the Hi-Z have a better treble extension I think. Maybe I could tighten the bass a bit by recabling.. I think I'll get one more pair for experimenting (the earbud only, without DAP, sells for like $5)

I paid $10 including shipping for this thing. Got this in a local shop in Indonesia.

Haven't tried the DAP, need to find a MicroSD lol
063192116c80fe601f8d06617e8ca313.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #19,378 of 75,419
  Hey guys, just wanna share something I came across:

Sharp 1bit earbud (balanced with extension cable)
I must say this is the best 5 bucks I ever spent in this hobby. 

I came across an interesting article that talks about these earbuds. This guy says that they sound nearly identical to the Sennheiser MX300.

I'm curious to know how it fares against modern budget earbuds, but am not sure if I want to live with having to use an adapter (which looks sort of stiff and awkward to use with right-angled plugs) and the fact that it uses a J-cord.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #19,379 of 75,419

I wish I could pull Elears now... That's a nice one!

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #19,380 of 75,419
theKube earbuds (earKube 1.0) + theKube DAP

I heard this is a Singaporean company and manufactured in Indonesia.

The earbuds sounds REEAAALLYYY GOOOD for the price. These reminds me of Seahf 32.
5)

I paid $10 including shipping for this thing. Got this in a local shop in Indonesia.

Haven't tried the DAP, need to find a MicroSD lol

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

That looks like an awesome small screenless dap, looking through the website it seems it even has EQ presets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back