Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #15,992 of 75,266
  ...we can get nearly TOTL full setups - source and earbuds - (to each person's tastes) for under $100 :D

Yeah, too much fun to be had in the $10 club; all the talk about Camping, Fairydust & Cygpheous just blows right by me! :)
I like IEMs & Cans too, but the value & quality of good old earbuds at the lower end is just ridiculous!

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #15,993 of 75,266

Yeah, too much fun to be had in the $10 club; all the talk about Camping, Fairydust & Cygpheous just blows right by me! :)
I like IEMs & Cans too, but the value & quality of good old earbuds at the lower end is just ridiculous!

You didn't make such a bad choice limiting yourself to $10, but you should consdier giving either Edimun v3 or Red De'mun a chance. They were good enough to make me uninterested in all my high end buds. It is actually pretty rare that i use my TY 650 now, even though it has near -Etymotic levels of detail.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #15,994 of 75,266
So Red De'mun is the best choice out there out of all the earbuds which describes the below sound signature perfectly?

Which earbud is neutral yet musical with a slight lift in bass region with no peaks and dips from mids to higher treble?

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #15,995 of 75,266
  You didn't make such a bad choice limiting yourself to $10, but you should consdier giving either Edimun v3 or Red De'mun a chance. They were good enough to make me uninterested in all my high end buds. It is actually pretty rare that i use my TY 650 now, even though it has near -Etymotic levels of detail.

Unfortunately for me, I have a big problem wearing MX500-shells for long duration, which basically rules out 80% earbuds available today. So am limited to mostly things like Qian39, E808+*, ES100, VXpro, RX1* & EO320* (any others?). Still not too bad a list compared what was available before turn of the decade. And, there's always IEMs when I feel money burning a hole in my pocket :)

* - I have these.

EDIT:
Just checked on Edimun & De'mun, they use SHE3800-shells which is halfway comfortable for me. Perhaps, something to try out after the E808+ project.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #15,998 of 75,266

well red demun need a decent source to shine or mid will be muddy and veiled. with good source i kills most higher end earbuds.

Agreed, either a good DAC or Amp (ideally both) make the best of it, it scales up very well, with a good amp it easily beats mx985 to my ears.

never tried a campfred.... not sure if i will have the opportunity anytime soon.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #15,999 of 75,266
I find it amazing they can take a $7 bud and work some magic to make it better than an mx985 (which admittedly I've never heard, nor have any Indonesian bud). I would love to know what they do, and save myself around $70

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #16,000 of 75,266

well red demun need a decent source to shine or mid will be muddy and veiled. with good source i kills most higher end earbuds.

iBasso DX100 it is.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #16,001 of 75,266
  I find it amazing they can take a $7 bud and work some magic to make it better than an mx985 (which admittedly I've never heard, nor have any Indonesian bud). I would love to know what they do, and save myself around $70

I kept my MX985 for months just to be sure it wasn't new toy syndrome or playing favorites. At the best, mx985 with on equal terms with Red De'mun with with less body to the sound.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #16,002 of 75,266
What about edimun v3. Which is better between red and v3. Which has better resolution, seperation, soundstage and bigger sounding.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #16,003 of 75,266
What about edimun v3. Which is better between red and v3. Which has better resolution, seperation, soundstage and bigger sounding.

Red Demun wins on separation, soundstage. stage is more intimate on Red Demun but more focused too.

edimun v3 has a more bigger sound but focuses on the treble and  bass over the mids whereas the Red Demun is Zen 2 levels of mid presence. 

Separation is only going to be better on one or the other depending on your listening tastes. One is not easily recommended over the other because they are yin and yang. 
They complement each other perfectly, ya 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back