Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 4, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #15,886 of 75,861
I see that so many discussion of Ty and seahf.
For seahf I agree that it's a good product. Already tried 32 ohm to 320 ohm version, although most of them is the old batch one.

But for Ty, I give a try for 3 varian, 32ohm-colarad-150ohm. And they can't satisfy me. For my ear, it's not THAT good. Or anyone here can't suggest me their best series?

You have to share your budget first, then only people can share their suggestions :)

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #15,888 of 75,861
Half hour queuing at local post office because the mailman can reach me before, I finally get my qian 39.

After 4 hour listening I can safely say I found my replacement for best budget earbud. I'd say it's better than ty32 and even reaching tomahawk level. Even better because of small shell and fit perfectly.

However it it's not pairing well with my desktop as much as my ty 320. However with my old galaxy s with Wolfson audio it's perfect.

Initial impressions, qian39 reminds me of Sennheiser sound. Tight control and order but smooth with slight analytical sound. Vocal is not laid back nor it's forward. Layering, separation soundstage and imaging is excellent considering its price. Even when applying bass boost it maintains its control. Like there's a invisible barrier that separate the bass from spilling to mids. It's awesome. Sense of space and depth also very very good.

Worth way above the price.

Try qian25 fareal old batch and old monk. I think you'll like them

it's not that is inaccurate, it's more about scale, the app doesn't scale like a normal graph for headphones, giving more or less emphasis in areas making it seem wrong

for accuracy test I tried online tone generator and it accuratly shows the frequency played, but there are other factors that come into play when measuring earbuds, like dummy heads and isolation from outside noise
the hp32s is different/better than hp32, in my honest opinion, it sounds more clearer, perhaps has more extended treble and bass

Does it has bigger bass ? Ty32 bass and treble is too much for me.

I see that so many discussion of Ty and seahf.
For seahf I agree that it's a good product. Already tried 32 ohm to 320 ohm version, although most of them is the old batch one.

But for Ty, I give a try for 3 varian, 32ohm-colarad-150ohm. And they can't satisfy me. For my ear, it's not THAT good. Or anyone here can't suggest me their best series?

Ty650. Lel.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #15,889 of 75,861
You have to share your budget first, then only people can share their suggestions :)

I think i can spend up to $200 if it's that good. Firstly i'm planning to try the demo unit at local audio shop. Theb let's my ear decide :D

Try qian25 fareal old batch and old monk. I think you'll like them
Does it has bigger bass ? Ty32 bass and treble is too much for me.
Ty650. Lel.

Yup. It's their top of the line, right? I'll try it..thanks

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #15,892 of 75,861

How long have you had the E808+? It improves a lot after many hours of burn-in or usage.

I have it for over a week now. They are prolly on the same tier but the airy soundstage from the monk+ just gives me an enjoyable experience.

I asked the wrong question, what I meant was how many hours of use has it had? Mine improved noticeably after about 50 hours and continued to get better. But everyone has their own preferences.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #15,893 of 75,861
I'll ask here even it is not a right place to do it. What are your DAC/AMP recommendation in $500 budget?
Most people on head-fi talking about DAC/AMP use IEMs or full-size stuff.
I'll stick for a while with Shozy Stardust and some cheaper buds with Android cellphone and hi-fi player (not sure wich one yet), various music but nothing heavier than Pink Floyd, lots of jazz. Focusing on details, soundstage and low end.
Chord Mojo, Centrance, Ifi?

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #15,894 of 75,861

I have it for over a week now. They are prolly on the same tier but the airy soundstage from the monk+ just gives me an enjoyable experience.

IMHO, E808+ never gets anywhere near the tube-like tonality of Monk+. Closest they come together in sound signatures is, after many hours of use, E808+'s V-shape sound flattens & becomes more natural with have better definition of  instruments/vocals The E808+ sound also thickens slightly, but no where near as warm/dark as Monk+. In terms of airiness, E808+ is quite open to the physical listening environment as well as the airiness/reverb built into the music/source equipment, and does not add much soundstage coloration beyond that. Having said that, it is the biggest out-of-skull sound I have heard that rivals good open back headphones - just not the "reach out & touch the musicians" tube-like sound of monk+.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #15,895 of 75,861
I'll ask here even it is not a right place to do it. What are your DAC/AMP recommendation in $500 budget?
I'll stick for a while with Shozy Stardust and some cheaper buds with Android cellphone and hi-fi player (not sure wich one yet), various music but nothing heavier than Pink Floyd, lots of jazz. Focusing on details, soundstage and low end.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews/17642

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #15,896 of 75,861

mojo if you have all lossless, iDSD Micro if you want to still be able to enjoy MP3 too  
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #15,897 of 75,861

You never go wrong with mojo.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #15,898 of 75,861
I just bought a pair of Auglamour RX-1s and let them burn in for a few hours... yet they're not impressing me that much yet to be honest. Do they take quite a while to properly burn in? Because at the moment, the clarity is comparable to my Earpods, the bass is weaker and there's a kind of distortion going on with more complex songs. I first noticed the latter in songs like Desert Rose where's a lot going on.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #15,899 of 75,861

Mojo is certainly a great choice, but don't discount something like the Dragonfly Red or Audioengine D3.  I like my Dragonfly for sound, small size and ability to use with most any device.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #15,900 of 75,861
Did anyone buy K's earphone 500Ohm balanced version? I heard that its cable is softer than 3.5 SE version so this version may less microphonic. Is it real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back