Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 14, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #14,027 of 75,248
I got two pairs from MisterTao.  My first pair was awesome, then my son tried to eat them and destroyed them.

My second pair came with a dead left side driver.  Not sure if it is the cable or not.  MisterTao refused to refund my money.

So, I too want a third Vido earbud, but I don't know where to buy one now.

--

Silly Penguin. Vidos are for kids!

I actually dug up the link of the 3 button Vido you posted months ago and used that to buy on mistertao. I could link it again if you want.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #14,028 of 75,248

Which earbuds I should buy if I want upgrade for my Monk+? Should be as small as yuin earbuds and should have little less warm on midrange. Budget 100 $

Try the Qian39 for $5. Seriously.

Seriously I will try :wink: something else?

Well, I like the SHE3800 (also $5). It's the same width as the Monk+ but slightly slimmer and more curved. I find it more comfortable and slightly cooler sounding. Some people have had quality issues with it, though - but not a lot of risk for the money.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #14,030 of 75,248

Seriously I will try :wink: something else?

Qian25, Boarseman mx98s, TY Hi-Z HP32 for V-sig

I agree with the v-sig of the Hi-Z 32 but I EQ that away and it's my current favourite (well, the v1 is) for its deep bass and great soundstage. However, it is not smaller than the Monk+ which is what he was after as well.

How is the Qian25 compared to the Qian39? (which I really like)

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #14,034 of 75,248
ok, so i'm going to get this qian39 from this seller

https://pl.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-Original-QianYun-Qian39-Bass-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-Flat-Head-Plug-HIFI-Earphone-Free-Shipping/1825606_32664671603.html

cheers!

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #14,035 of 75,248
How is the Qian25 compared to the Qian39? (which I really like)

Ah, I've just seen that the Qian25 uses the MX500 shell and I have plenty of those - I think I'll pass. Shame, because the 39 is really small and comfortable.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #14,036 of 75,248
Quick impressions:

1. K's 64 silver cable is the closest sound to my modded Qian39 and has slightly better overall resolution.
  2. Qian25 has a sound halfway between the K's 64 and Sony HPM-64.  Flatter than the K's 64 or Qian39, more midrange detail I think though, but more intimate sound than either K's, Qian or Sony.
  3. I lost my MMCX cable and can't test my **** yet
    rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #14,037 of 75,248
Silly Penguin. Vidos are for kids!

I actually dug up the link of the 3 button Vido you posted months ago and used that to buy on mistertao. I could link it again if you want.

Oh, I know where to buy it on MisterTao, or any Taobao agent, I just do not want to waste my money on another defective unit.

If I could find it on Aliexpress, or somewhere a little better, I will get a few pairs.

--

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #14,038 of 75,248

Oh, I know where to buy it on MisterTao, or any Taobao agent, I just do not want to waste my money on another defective unit.

If I could find it on Aliexpress, or somewhere a little better, I will get a few pairs.

--

Makes sense. I'm hoping my Vido will be working fine, along with the other 3 buds I am getting from Mistertao! (one of which is a Qian25, so I will have 3, unless HCK wants the 2 he sent me back, lol)

The Qian25 is an awesome bud out of the box and I have high hopes for it after some hours being burned in. It does not have the overpowering bass of the Qian39 and all the beautiful balance of other high end buds.... to be honest I was looking forward to hearing that again today! It will have to wait... :) The Qian25 might be the most Blox-like bud you can buy new right now.

The K's 64 is very impressive but I can't tell if the treble sounds slightly unnatural or not. It will require further burn in and testing.

While I am not a burn in person and never have been, I've noticed a lot of new earbuds out of Asia actually do benefit in noticable ways from between a few hours and a few days (only TY really) burn in, making me think the buds are quite stiff and "raw" out of the machines that manafacture the drivers, and after testing are put in the shells and shipped off.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #14,039 of 75,248

--

Makes sense. I'm hoping my Vido will be working fine, along with the other 3 buds I am getting from Mistertao! (one of which is a Qian25, so I will have 3, unless HCK wants the 2 he sent me back, lol)

The Qian25 is an awesome bud out of the box and I have high hopes for it after some hours being burned in. It does not have the overpowering bass of the Qian39 and all the beautiful balance of other high end buds.... to be honest I was looking forward to hearing that again today! It will have to wait... :) The Qian25 might be the most Blox-like bud you can buy new right now.

The K's 64 is very impressive but I can't tell if the treble sounds slightly unnatural or not. It will require further burn in and testing.

While I am not a burn in person and never have been, I've noticed a lot of new earbuds out of Asia actually do benefit in noticable ways from between a few hours and a few days (only TY really) burn in, making me think the buds are quite stiff and "raw" out of the machines that manafacture the drivers, and after testing are put in the shells and shipped off.

I just gave a quick listen to the K's 64 (silver cable) and noted the highs -  not sure if accurate. Colored in some way and pleasingly grainy...

And the cable - l-o-n-g!!!

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #14,040 of 75,248

I just gave a quick listen to the K's 64 (silver cable) and noted the highs -  not sure if accurate. Colored in some way and pleasingly grainy...

And the cable - l-o-n-g!!!

definitely agreed. Almost like the Mojito's strange dual driver tone interestingly enough. will need more listening. Slightly like a musicmaker like that.

Anyway, just found my MMCX cable and hooked the **** up. Damn, no bass at all!  like.... even a tiny bit! too bright for me
frown.gif
  I think i'll give these away haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back