Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 13, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #13,951 of 75,343
  I just checked out Heavenly Sound's facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pg/heavenlysoundsjkt/shop/?rid=123476048091834&rt=6

Concerto is no longer listed, Cadenza is now the most-highly priced, Has Cadenza replaced Concerto to be their current flagship? 

AFAIK, Concerto was never listed on FB even after it is available. You just have to asked them vie PM.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #13,952 of 75,343
Super pleased with my Fareal 64ohm v2. Very nice sound, bass extends quite well and is very tight, treble is very smooth and at a good level, not too dark like the Zen 2.0. Only issue is the vocals are a little on the thin side, still very good though. They are a far better earbud than the Monk+. Anyone know if the 300ohm version is an improvement over the 64ohm? 

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #13,953 of 75,343

AFAIK, Concerto was never listed on FB even after it is available. You just have to asked them vie PM.

Thank you, sir! 
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #13,955 of 75,343
Hey vapman, you seem pretty big on the Qian39. Would you say that is the best deal going in buds right now? I already ordered one a ocuple weeks back (so cheap). Where would you rank it on a list of buds like Clieos All the hype over that has me super interestd(i guess ill findout soon anyways)

I think it is probably the most competitive bud next to the Monk+. I don't think anyone would say the TY 32 is better than a Monk+ in terms of balanced or natural sound, but the 39 is really fun and wins out personally on that. Some people say the same of the TY 32 vs MP. I hate the TY 32 and know thats a lot of people's go to Monk alternative,

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #13,956 of 75,343

Hey vapman, you seem pretty big on the Qian39. Would you say that is the best deal going in buds right now? I already ordered one a ocuple weeks back (so cheap). Where would you rank it on a list of buds like Clieos All the hype over that has me super interestd(i guess ill findout soon anyways)

I think it is probably the most competitive bud next to the Monk+. I don't think anyone would say the TY 32 is better than a Monk+ in terms of balanced or natural sound, but the 39 is really fun and wins out personally on that. Some people say the same of the TY 32 vs MP. I hate the TY 32 and know thats a lot of people's go to Monk alternative,

I think you have the TY 32 v2. I prefer the v1 for its deeper bass and bigger soundstage. Here is my ranking of the buds I currently own:

TY 32 v1
Qian39
EO320
TY 32 v2
SHE3800
Monk+ (original and Darth)
RX-1

The top three are almost interchangeable dependent on music choice, as are the next three. The RX-1 stands out as being last for my preferences. But I use EQ so can alter the signatures to my liking.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #13,957 of 75,343
i find the ty hi-z 32 to be non pleasant sounding, sometimes get peaky and the vocal kinda weird(don't know how to explain it, but it feels like the singer get their nose pinched or something).

also it's weird that you guys talking about that philips she3800(not even sure if its genuine lol) while ignoring Vido earbuds which around the same price as philips. and it sounds similar to the regular monk, which has more non fatiguing sound than philips and a great alternative for people who missing out the original monk

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #13,959 of 75,343
  Anyone know if the 300ohm version is an improvement over the 64ohm? 

If you are asking about the DIY version at the See you again store. They sounded really poor when I got them.They stayed in my ear bud grave yard for a few months, until I one day decided to mod them:
1. Put one Monk+ thin foam inside each housing - The bass got super tight and powerful, but the mids and highs were still rather poor.
2. Added cotton in the middle vent holes - the bass got tamed (still sounding good tho), while the mids and highs came front in a very sweet manner.

They are now one of my favorite buds and I use them for commuting to work.
Since they are DIY, I don't know if the quality control is lacking, or if it's just my pair that shows this behavior. But I can't recommend them unless you are willing to mod them.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #13,960 of 75,343
i find the ty hi-z 32 to be non pleasant sounding, sometimes get peaky and the vocal kinda weird(don't know how to explain it, but it feels like the singer get their nose pinched or something).

Which version do you have? I don't recognise your problem in either but they are different.

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #13,961 of 75,343
  I have a question regarding the rose masya , how do I tell from left and right on the earbud itself ?

The buds are the same, the cable will have an L and an R at the point of the connector though. That's the only way to tell the difference. I recommend using different colored foams on each tip so you can tell them apart.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #13,962 of 75,343

I have a question regarding the rose masya , how do I tell from left and right on the earbud itself ?

The buds are the same, the cable will have an L and an R at the point of the connector though. That's the only way to tell the difference. I recommend using different colored foams on each tip so you can tell them apart.

On some of my IEMs I used to tie a knot in the left cable.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #13,963 of 75,343

my question is more like on the which side of the cables should be facing forward? Would the L and R be outward or inward

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #13,965 of 75,343
Doesn't matter, from what I can tell. I like the text facing outward though some it's easier to see.

Noticed you have an E-MU 1820 in your sig. great gear! i love E-MU! 0202, 0204, 0404 USB and 1616/1616m for PCI(e) here! Always wanted a 1820 but never got one. One day will buy one that needs a recapping for cheap and fix it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back