Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #12,586 of 75,289
So i bought the wrong amp to join the high impedance earbuds train :frowning2: pretty dissapointed but yeah nx3 is just another entry level amp ...

What kind of earbuds that i can listen to its best with nx3 mate? Should i forget about earbuds that have higher impedance than my current seahf smart 1.0 150ohm?

I'd say with nx3 in theory less than 150ohms earbuds would be driven very well. If you keep nx3, you should look for earbuds that don't require too much power, Shozy Stardust maybe :D
If you really want very high impedance earbuds, you will have to buy an other amp to do them justice. By example, I know someone has ty400 with nx5 and is very happy with it. :wink:

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #12,587 of 75,289
Last night I was listening to Hans Zimmer's Interstellar soundtrack - for the first time with the RX1. I was approaching the end of the first track when something strange happened. I started to hear a strong rattling sound from the left driver. I was afraid my RX1 have gone bad. I have tried that same track with a few other earbuds and it only happened with the RX1. It is noticeable on other Interstellar tracks especially at end when there is a deep monotonic sub-bass sound. It seems that there is something wrong with the left driver noticeable due to some kind of resonant frequency. Maybe it happens on other songs and music but it is drown out by other sound. I should maybe try to open the driver and use blutack as a dampener or perhaps it would be better to talk to Penonaudio for a replacement.

It could be some dust inside. Try blow some air in it and see if that fix it.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #12,588 of 75,289
I'd say with nx3 in theory less than 150ohms earbuds would be driven very well. If you keep nx3, you should look for earbuds that don't require too much power, Shozy Stardust maybe 
biggrin.gif

If you really want very high impedance earbuds, you will have to buy an other amp to do them justice. By example, I know someone has ty400 with nx5 and is very happy with it. 
wink.gif

practically earbuds doesn't require that much of power because they are efficient (especially modern one) and have small driver so they don't require power as much as headphone by the same resistance and sensitivity
ohm is only resistance, there are still other parameter to take into account if that earbuds could be driven by a particular amp. or not
even my phone could drive Zen 1 properly enough.
But that is my subjective opinion and the word "driven properly" is already subjective for me.

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #12,589 of 75,289
It's not the impedance, but the sensitivity of the earphone. While i don't have the specs of the ty hi-z 400s, if you hear the nx3 + 400s having the speed, dynamics, etc, then you should be fine.

maybe soon i will sell it and save more money to buy more powerfull amp, either i have fun with nx3 with my seahf 150, but still i regret i took a wrong step on amplifier

I'd say with nx3 in theory less than 150ohms earbuds would be driven very well. If you keep nx3, you should look for earbuds that don't require too much power, Shozy Stardust maybe :D
If you really want very high impedance earbuds, you will have to buy an other amp to do them justice. By example, I know someone has ty400 with nx5 and is very happy with it. :wink:

Yes definitely mate. I aim to buy cayin c5 / fiio e12 that placed in used audio gears market here in Indonesia, i'm feeling like yeah its not going to run it effectively although based on specs of ty hi-z its sensitive enough and i count it doesnt need too much power (based on impedance calculator i know this is not a recommended way to prove its a hard driven earbuds or not lol XD )

practically earbuds doesn't require that much of power because they are efficient (especially modern one) and have small driver so they don't require power as much as headphone by the same resistance and sensitivity

ohm is only resistance, there are still other parameter to take into account if that earbuds could be driven by a particular amp. or not

even my phone could drive Zen 1 properly enough.

But that is my subjective opinion and the word "driven properly" is already subjective for me.

My phone is no better than nx3 to run my seahf, XD

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #12,590 of 75,289
Hi guys,
Any recommendations for a budget earbud with mic that have decent sound quality beside ve monk+?

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #12,592 of 75,289
Oct 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #12,593 of 75,289
Today I test my ty 320 with sinegen and Q1. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but after a few swipe I hear bass rattle in right driver. Almost give me a heart attack. After calming down I test it with some bass resonance track an it seems fine. Pheww..!

All I read about few seahf based earbud having develop driver problem scared me a little.

320 now at my friend so he can get a taste of it and I'm back at tomahawk. The cable get stiffer everyday so I'm not using it much now.

How about 150 ohm TY? Is it safe to categorize 150 as half as good as 320. Maybe in the middle compares to 32? If it is I might get 1 just for daily driver. How about comparing 150 and MrZ TP16.

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #12,594 of 75,289
Yes definitely mate. I aim to buy cayin c5 / fiio e12 that placed in used audio gears market here in Indonesia,

Check on the new Fiio A5's impressions vs E12 if the upgrade really worths it, before making a move, and if you can afford it.
Good luck for your earbuds' journey bro.
:beerchug:

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #12,595 of 75,289
Hi guys,
Any recommendations for a budget earbud with mic that have decent sound quality beside ve monk+?

I have used the Vivo X510 with mic, it works very good even with some Karaoke app.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-VIVO-X510-In-Ear-Headphones-Headset-High-Quality-Noise-Cancelling-Earphone-For-Vivo-For-Samsung/32647768950.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.8O6T8Y

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #12,596 of 75,289
Oct 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #12,600 of 75,289
Last night I was listening to Hans Zimmer's Interstellar soundtrack - for the first time with the RX1. I was approaching the end of the first track when something strange happened. I started to hear a strong rattling sound from the left driver. I was afraid my RX1 have gone bad. I have tried that same track with a few other earbuds and it only happened with the RX1. It is noticeable on other Interstellar tracks especially at end when there is a deep monotonic sub-bass sound. It seems that there is something wrong with the left driver noticeable due to some kind of resonant frequency. Maybe it happens on other songs and music but it is drown out by other sound. I should maybe try to open the driver and use blutack as a dampener or perhaps it would be better to talk to Penonaudio for a replacement.

Definitely contact customer service before opening them up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back