Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #11,927 of 75,289
  Hey guys - I felt like writing tonight so I spent some time reviewing the TY Hi-Z 650 formally :)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ty-hi-z-650/reviews/17070

Check it out!

Nice writing @vapman!!!

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #11,928 of 75,289
I'm facing a decision... as the pound is sinking faster than a lead baloon, I might take the punt on the HP-650 as @vapman detailed that they have a good neutral signature once burned in.... and if that works for me then they'll do double duty in hotel rooms... possibly.

I've also read some other reviews and the HP-650's are being well received. On the other hand, I could go for some of the sub-£50 suggestions and save some cash. Decisions decisions. I'm leaning towards the HP-650. I'll make a decision this evening, depending on what else I read... on the exchange rate news, as well as the Hi-Fi reviews :)

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #11,929 of 75,289
  I'm facing a decision... as the pound is sinking faster than a lead baloon, I might take the punt on the HP-650 as @vapman detailed that they have a good neutral signature once burned in.... and if that works for me then they'll do double duty in hotel rooms... possibly.

I've also read some other reviews and the HP-650's are being well received. On the other hand, I could go for some of the sub-£50 suggestions and save some cash. Decisions decisions. I'm leaning towards the HP-650. I'll make a decision this evening, depending on what else I read... on the exchange rate news, as well as the Hi-Fi reviews :)

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far.

What do you have so far for buds?

If the answer is nothing i'd probably get a couple sub 50 ones before going for the big boys. At least you'd have a better idea if the signature you think you're after isn't exactly what you actually like best!

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #11,930 of 75,289
  Hey guys - I felt like writing tonight so I spent some time reviewing the TY Hi-Z 650 formally :)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ty-hi-z-650/reviews/17070

Check it out!

Awesome, mine is on the way.
Thanks buddy :)

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #11,931 of 75,289

What do you have so far for buds?

If the answer is nothing i'd probably get a couple sub 50 ones before going for the big boys. At least you'd have a better idea if the signature you think you're after isn't exactly what you actually like best!

I don't. Currently use headphones. Sen HD600 are my faves, followed by Beyer 9990 Pro. Suddenly have a need for something that doesn't have a headband.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #11,932 of 75,289

I don't. Currently use headphones. Sen HD600 are my faves, followed by Beyer 9990 Pro. Suddenly have a need for something that doesn't have a headband.

Getting RX-1 regardless of 650 would be a good idea - they have decenta package, they have good build, they are very well with vocals and guitars. And they are cheap. I managed to get one for sub 20usd inc. delivery.

Additionally if MX-500 happen to be too big for your ears - RX-1 is smaller. I haven't met a person for whom it would be big. If they are too small - earhooks do the trick.

Getting 650 might be a very good idea, but given you have no idea how they will fit is a bit risky. Try finding someone with mx-shell earbuds and try them out before buying.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #11,933 of 75,289
Just checked on Ali, there's a store selling TY Hi-Z HP650 at $99 that gives $4 shop discount above $80 spent.

Not many sellers at $99, so just search Ali & click on store homepage to look for the coupons.

Note: Am not sure if linking to store is frowned upon, so I left that out.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #11,935 of 75,289
Ty Hi-z Hp320

After 10 hour burn I'm getting a lot of PRAT. Reminds me a lot of final audio heaven vii iem. And oh.. Alexis Cole is singing in front of me.!!

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #11,936 of 75,289

Getting RX-1 regardless of 650 would be a good idea - they have decenta package, they have good build, they are very well with vocals and guitars. And they are cheap. I managed to get one for sub 20usd inc. delivery.

Additionally if MX-500 happen to be too big for your ears - RX-1 is smaller. I haven't met a person for whom it would be big. If they are too small - earhooks do the trick.

Getting 650 might be a very good idea, but given you have no idea how they will fit is a bit risky. Try finding someone with mx-shell earbuds and try them out before buying.

I agree with you - I can't imagine having only one earbud. But some (most?) people only have the one pair and basically use it until it no longer works.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #11,937 of 75,289
  Hi, can you recommended me one with mic (max 50 - 60$). It could be added from the Clios's list which of them includes mic.

I've been listening to the 1more EO320 for a few days and they are very good. Mids and highs similar to the RX-1 but with deeper bass and wider soundstage. I recommend them but I don't think they are on the list yet (they are quite new):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1More-Piston-Pod-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-Earphone-with-Remote-Mic-Retail-Box-for-Xiaomi-Note-Mi/32660452812.html

Very well built and packaged as well. A bargain for $23.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #11,938 of 75,289

But some (most?) people only have the one pair and basically use it until it no longer works.

Wait, some people only have one earbud?  What?!?  How do you even call that living?  
eek.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #11,939 of 75,289

Take a look at shozy Cygnus. It is about $90 and it's well received. It is also very comfortable and sound good unamped. The 650 will need an amp and it's very new and people might be in honeymoon phase with it. Sorry I don't have any of them and I'm also looking for one, but from what I see the shozy is one of few earbuds everyone likes if you don't mind a white cable turns into green. Also AUGLAMOUR RX-1 with similar sound at lower price but has polarized reviews and the fit is an issue for some.

You can't go wrong with Monk Plus or TY Hi-Z 32ohm for $5-8. You save money and see if you like earbuds.

BTW, you need a quiet environment to enjoy earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back