Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #11,791 of 75,289
That's fine. Any phone that wasn't designed as an "audiophile" phone should be a good test.
What a crazy world! A 650ohm earphone test with a Samsung Galaxy. This will put all the "More ohms = More power" experts in their place :)

The TY 32 has some similarities to the 650, probably more than the monk...

I wrote this to another member over PM's and thought it would be helpful in response to your question...

TY 150 is easy to drive and has good bass punch but not as deep as 400. 150 has nice vocals but rough treble.
400 is kinda crappy for vocals and upper mids are too rough IMO.

650 is just the best of all TY. Great vocals, great stage, great treble and bass extension, smooth throughout. no roughness to speak of.

so i would consider it 150 > 400 > 320 > 650 probably.....

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #11,792 of 75,289
How about Rose Masya ??

After hearing of ClieOS issues, I canceled my order. I also mentioned these issues to Rose and this is the response I got:

"there is a customer bought a Masya engineering earphone before, that earphone is not complete, the current pin is not the same as with the engineering, engineering earphone plug has some problems, but the engineering earphone cannot sell. Now the officially sold earphone do not have problem."

Not sure how to interpret the translation, but it seems they sent out some samples rather than final versions?

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #11,793 of 75,289
After hearing of ClieOS issues, I canceled my order. I also mentioned these issues to Rose and this is the response I got:

"there is a customer bought a Masya engineering earphone before, that earphone is not complete, the current pin is not the same as with the engineering, engineering earphone plug has some problems, but the engineering earphone cannot sell. Now the officially sold earphone do not have problem."

Not sure how to interpret the translation, but it seems they sent out some samples rather than final versions?

Copy the original mandarin let me help iterpret..hahaha

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #11,796 of 75,289
There is possibilities that it means..the earphone is not perfect..
I still order the masya btw..ahaha

Very interested to hear your thoughts on them! I reckon I'll eventually re-order them in the near future. While Rose may not always have the best build quality, they do try to make their customers happy (had to exchange a pair of Mojito and they were very apologetic about it).

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #11,797 of 75,289
What earbud is good for listening to podcasts and audiobooks? I prefer something with low impedance to use with a phone. I have MP and I don't know if it is worth getting something like shozy cygnus for that reason. I think this type of listening is not challenging for most earbuds but I spend a lot of time on it and I want to be gentle with my ears while I damage them.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #11,798 of 75,289
  What earbud is good for listening to podcasts and audiobooks? I prefer something with low impedance to use with a phone. I have MP and I don't know if it is worth getting something like shozy cygnus for that reason. I think this type of listening is not challenging for most earbuds but I spend a lot of time on it and I want to be gentle with my ears while I damage them.

RX-1 period.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #11,799 of 75,289

qian39!
so warm and gentle..

rx1 could work too

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #11,800 of 75,289
I was doing some cleaning tonight and came across these Sony MDR-A35 (earbud/earphones?)

I popped them on and.... not bad, not bad at all.  Now I remember why I liked using these so much back in the day.  They have got to be alt least 15 years old, if not more.  They are very comfortable as well.

It was a fun trip down memory lane listening to these:

--

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #11,801 of 75,289
@purplesun 650 is fine on a plain smartphone. Not coming as a big surprise because it was good off my laptop and ipod mini
wink.gif
Of course it's better amped and can go louder but it seems to be fine.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #11,802 of 75,289
  @purplesun 650 is fine on a plain smartphone. Not coming as a big surprise because it was good off my laptop and ipod mini
wink.gif
Of course it's better amped and can go louder but it seems to be fine.

Oh no! I can hear my empty wallet slowing creaking open; the credit cards must be trying to make a break for freedom!!
:)

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #11,803 of 75,289
My buy in this month, Roase Masya, K500, TY 320 Ohm:frowning2:

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #11,804 of 75,289

Audiobooks and podcasts are generally lower bitrate so IMO just about any earbud would be adequate. Is sound isolation important? If yes then IEM or headphones night be better. Consider getting earbud/earphone/iem with volume control and button controlls. They really come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back