Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #11,296 of 75,870

I'd hate to start a recommendation thread about earbuds since most idiots think these are IEMs for some odd reason. Please forgive my thread intrusion 

What are some of the bass-heavy earbuds with microphone under 100? and 200? I'll be using this with my note 7. I currently have the akg k319 but it's missing a microphone. 

I cant seem to find anything on google since earbuds=iem by most people. 

I have ordered these, they are supposed to have 'Super Bass':

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1More-Piston-Pod-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-Earphone-with-Remote-Mic-Retail-Box-for-Xiaomi-Note-Mi/32660452812.html

Make sure they are EO320 not EO303 which are a cheaper earlier version. @haiku on here has them and says they are good.

The MP has gotten us spoiled. It's so good for the price (and just so good period) that we're chasing for something "better" without spending 10 or 20 times the cost of the MP. I'm starting to think that you can pay more and get better build quality and nice cables and different sound, but for SQ it is a lateral move at best. This is for the earbuds that can be driven effectively with a flagship smart phone. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #11,297 of 75,870
Oct 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #11,298 of 75,870
  Chill , timer shows time till start, read the description on dat page =)

Ahhhhhh........  
wink.gif

Reading was never my strong point......

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #11,301 of 75,870
Use a meter with a buzz or beep continuity checker to ensure there are no shorts and everything is connected properly.

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #11,302 of 75,870
Does an LG V10 drive the TP-16 effectively? How about a FiiO X1 (without amp) which im considering buying?
I think yes. They are 32 Ohm presumably. But for me, to hear all details I had to raise volume about 20-25 percent higher than I need usually. With higher volume they were just as clear as on low, but more details were heard. Please note that it may be different for your tastes and hardware (I use AP100 with oversampling switched on). Btw Fioo X1 is rather good, especially for its price.
I wonder if X1-2 is better or worse. I may need to buy it as a gift soon.

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #11,304 of 75,870
  Use a meter with a buzz or beep continuity checker to ensure there are no shorts and everything is connected properly.

I had some headphones that had some interesting audio artifacts. At first I thought I was unveiling defects I never noticed in the recording, and then suspected that the new cans were defective. The way that I nailed the problem was by using 
http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

In about a minute I found where the problem was. I assume it would be useful for the DIY earbud project.

This DIY is a very cool I'll be following closely. I'm not skilled using a soldering iron so earbud manufactures have nothing to fear 
gs1000.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #11,305 of 75,870

I had some headphones that had some interesting audio artifacts. At first I thought I was unveiling defects I never noticed in the recording, and then suspected that the new cans were defective. The way that I nailed the problem was by using 
http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

In about a minute I found where the problem was. I assume it would be useful for the DIY earbud project.

This DIY is a very cool I'll be following closely. I'm not skilled using a soldering iron so earbud manufactures have nothing to fear 
gs1000.gif

Thanks for the info. Got them soldered up and they sound very nice....but the wire I purchased was backwards so my left bud is now my right...Lol. But with the foams on I've about decided not to re-solder them as it was a little tedious. It takes a good bit more to drive them than it does my Monk+ but was expected as these drivers are around 300 ohms. I'll pass along more info after burn-in and further listening.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #11,307 of 75,870
Anyone here recabled their own MX985?

The stock cable drives me insane... great buds but oh man do I hate that cable...

(btw, if anyone's wondering, Red De'Mun is a little better than Edimun V3 to me, lol...)

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #11,308 of 75,870
Received the Mojitos with a slight defect. Purely cosmetic thou.. Everything else is great.

The back chromed housing of Mojito is repurposed from Panasonic HJ329, so it is not exactly 'new' and thus you can find cosmetic imperfection from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back