Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 20, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #8,731 of 75,336
I always found the Zen to be fairly sensitive for a high impedance bud. Not totally surprised the RX1 requires slightly higher output. The Zen is absolutely a hundred times easier to drive than the Seahf 400 I had.

Did we get any comparison of the Seahf/TY 150 & 400? Someone probably posted it and i missed it totally.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #8,734 of 75,336
Hi, as for earbuds, now i have T-music and RX-1. Both are very good.

What do you recommend as a next step for me? I want detail of RX-1 with (sub)bass of T-music. Price <100 USD.

My primary source is Hifime 9018 DAP and i dont know how capable is this DAP to drive high impedance earbuds.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #8,735 of 75,336

What do you recommend as a next step for me? I want detail of RX-1 with (sub)bass of T-music. Price <100 USD.

My primary source is Hifime 9018 DAP and i dont know how capable is this DAP to drive high impedance earbuds.

I say Shozy Cygnus, but others may disagree

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #8,736 of 75,336

Blox b200

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #8,737 of 75,336
I would just like to point out for those folks considering buying amp that B&H has Fiio E12 on sale for 79.99 USD. That thing has gobs of power for a portable. I'm thinking about getting one myself because I hear it can drive Fostex T50RP which are quite power hungry.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #8,738 of 75,336
The E12 can drive T50RP no problem. It's one of the more powerful portable amps out there, and can drive just about anything you can think of. HE400 sounded grand with it, especially with bass boost. Never really use mine anymore and use the Cayin C5 or RSA Shadow depending on what I need, which lately with all the earbud listening the Shadow works well.

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #8,741 of 75,336
Just received my Tomahawk, first Impression, an overall upgrade to the VE Monk+, its clearer, have faster, tighter bass, more soundstage so less cluttered sound. It just have an overall better technicality. Definitely become my daily driver now, with the Monk+ as spare (I kept a few just in case, and to stock up on VE thin foamies, they broke too easily...)
Its a bit bass light naked, but with the donut foam its the perfect amount without sacrificing clarity.

Quite satisfied with my purchase :D

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #8,742 of 75,336
Just received my Tomahawk, first Impression, an overall upgrade to the VE Monk+, its clearer, have faster, tighter bass, more soundstage so less cluttered sound. It just have an overall better technicality. Definitely become my daily driver now, with the Monk+ as spare (I kept a few just in case, and to stock up on VE thin foamies, they broke too easily...)
Its a bit bass light naked, but with the donut foam its the perfect amount without sacrificing clarity.

Quite satisfied with my purchase
biggrin.gif

Did Tomahawk sound compareable to IM50? the onlything my Monk+ better than my IM70 is about comfortable term.

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #8,743 of 75,336

​My IM50's right side is dead ATM...
triportsad.gif
 Will comment after I get the cable fixed.... again. Maybe its time for me to buy a HDC 1IS
In my memory it has more bass quantity, smaller soundstage, but definitely better vocal (one I can't give up on when I try other comparable Dynamic driver IEM). I think the Tomahawk is clearer too.
The fit is so so with the long nozzle, Haha, yeah with how I can lay on the side of my head with  the Monk, it is better as bed companion
rolleyes.gif

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #8,744 of 75,336

Quite satisfied with my purchase :D

Definitely yes. But surprisingly I'm spending my time more with RX-1 these days especially with simple recordings, strings or binaural. The presence in low and highs are amazing (with monk+ foam).

Listening to Alexis Cole - another galaxy. The electric guitar sound sounds so.. electric! Can't get that with my tomahawk. But with my reggae playlist the tomahawk rocks!!

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #8,745 of 75,336

​My IM50's right side is dead ATM...
triportsad.gif
 Will comment after I get the cable fixed.... again. Maybe its time for me to buy a HDC 1IS
In my memory it has more bass quantity, smaller soundstage, but definitely better vocal (one I can't give up on when I try other comparable Dynamic driver IEM). I think the Tomahawk is clearer too.
The fit is so so with the long nozzle, Haha, yeah with how I can lay on the side of my head with  the Monk, it is better as bed companion
rolleyes.gif

Vocal and soundstage are much better and clearer with HDC5, don't wanna go back to used stock cable ever agains, so just go for it!  

but I still consider a Luna shop cable too, a 95$ silver cable once, guess I'm going to use it with IM03 or 04 maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back