Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #6,301 of 75,872
Received my Cygnus and Ting today. The Cygnus is definitely the sound I prefer out of the box: involving, slightly forward with clean highs. Not a huge fan of the Ting at the moment: with full foams, it lacked impact...I now understand other people's description of them as being "distant". We'll see how they break in.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #6,302 of 75,872
My Rose Mojitos arrived tonight! And Ostry KC08 and Ty Hi-Z 32.

Yea I am also curious about the Ostry KC08. Do tell when you get a chance to listen to them.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #6,303 of 75,872
  Yea I am also curious about the Ostry KC08. Do tell when you get a chance to listen to them.

not an earbud guy but i have the monk, monk+ and tried asura & kc08.
i prefer monk/monk+ over kc08.
kc08 sounds veiled, very bassy and roll off treble

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #6,304 of 75,872
Received my Cygnus and Ting today. The Cygnus is definitely the sound I prefer out of the box: involving, slightly forward with clean highs. Not a huge fan of the Ting at the moment: with full foams, it lacked impact...I now understand other people's description of them as being "distant". We'll see how they break in.

Cygnus is my all purpose bud. Slightly warm and forward with intimate soundstage. Perfect for R&B.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #6,305 of 75,872

My Rose Mojitos arrived tonight! And Ostry KC08 and Ty Hi-Z 32.

I don't like Ostry KC08 at all, it has very bad mids, i have listened to it only 2/3 times.
It's the only earbud which i hate in my collection :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #6,306 of 75,872
Have finally received the balanced to single-ended adapter for my balanced Cygnus and after 48 hours of non-stop burn-in, I can say that the sound sig is pleasantly balanced with not-so wide soundstage. Impact and the right sparkle of notes are there but overall, the Zen 2.0 still reigns as my earbuds champion. When I listened back to the Zen foamless, everything seems a little bit clearer and refined compared to the Cygnus. Separation is also better in the Zen. Though the Cygnus is much more efficient, there is something in the Zen's sound that makes me "more amazed". Later today, I will try the 75ohm impedance adapter with the Cygnus and let's see. Now, I am waiting for the Edimun V3 to come and find out whether the rumors are true.
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #6,307 of 75,872
How much do the better earbuds leak sound? Or is there big differences between them?

Can everybody in the room hear them with moderately high listening levels? What about next room? 

How they compare to big closed cans?

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #6,308 of 75,872
On day one with my Tings, I find that I like them more when the "tube amp" sound effect is turned on on my Galaxy S6 phone.

A general question: how many of you actually use some sort of EQ when listening to your earbuds? Coming from a more "traditional" audiophile background where adding any processing to the sound is considered a bad thing, I'm curious if the same mindset dominates the earbud crowd as well.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #6,309 of 75,872

it will get much better. mine als sounded like that, I even made a post about that. now they sound natural, compared to other audio equipement :)

That's very assuring.

Have kept these in use for last 10 hours (random songs played at 60% volume on loop in my old N97).

I find the vocals in these sounds better (are slightly pronounced?) to my ears than Monks. Just want the treble to be little less peaky.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #6,311 of 75,872
Initial thoughts on Rose Mojito: really epic detail and soundstage. Very neutral sound. Vocals sort of recessed. But detail makes up for it. Awesome for instrumental music including orchestral or jazz. I found also very nice for chill out R&B.

Braided cable wins in terms of quality and the other cable is slightly better in terms of detail.

Bass is actually surprisingly good and quick.

Only problem is the foams. Ive been trying for over an hour to put them on with limited success! Sigh.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #6,312 of 75,872
Thoughts on Ostry KC08:

Epic sub-bass and bass in general. Dry-ish vocals. Soundstage not bad. These are amazing headphones for hip-hop and for bass-heads in general. I really enjoyed them since I listen to hip-hop at times.

I havent heard the Ty Hi-Z enough yet.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #6,313 of 75,872
Also, Aurarian Dance and Mystline by Nujabes are absolutely stunning with Rose Mojito.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #6,315 of 75,872
Awesome fit with the foams for Mojito to my ears.

And scratch that, anything by Nujabes sounds amazing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back