Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,036 of 75,272
  Talking about Mojito, this might be an interesting addon: https://world.taobao.com/item/527963922942.htm

Basically two different rubber bumper that will fit Mojito. I prefer B over A, then add foam pad on top of it.

Do you have them? My Mojito are to arrive tomorrow or day after, finally!

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #4,038 of 75,272
It is not cygnus cable, Oleg. Cygnus's is softer and a bit brighter and also feels moist, while this a look more on seahf320 or seahf400, although its not the same cable.

After someone pointed out the 3.5mm plug looks slightly different I noticed they were actually different. From that thumbnail they appear to be almost the same though.

If somewhere does sell the same cable Cygnus uses, I would buy around 10 pairs for DIY :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #4,040 of 75,272

Yes, of course.

The plug looks the same as the one used on the black version of the Tomahawk.

Most branded audio plug on Taobao are fake (and sometime they refer it as certain brand simply because it has similar design), but you can find real deal from relatively well-known brand name retailer. If you want real Oyaide 3.5mm plug on Taobao, buy the one from FiiO (which is official Oyaide partner in China, as is Oyaide being official FiiO distributor in Japan). Not that I care - the fake one is actually quite good in quality so that's the one I use on many of my build.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #4,041 of 75,272
Ok, so i should get both the A and B style rings? 
I might try to find them on Ali first. But, i have to get my Mojito first so I can listen to them
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #4,043 of 75,272
  Ok, so i should get both the A and B style rings? 
I might try to find them on Ali first. But, i have to get my Mojito first so I can listen to them
biggrin.gif

Up to you. I like the B because it is much more secured when fitted, but A tends to have a less impact on shifting the tonality (*not that B has any ill effect).

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #4,045 of 75,272
Begging your pardon, ClieOS, I have added my review of the excellent-value Fiio EM-3 here. What a wonderfully nice bud it is, too.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-em3-open-earbud-earphones-with-in-line-microphone-black/reviews/15790

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #4,046 of 75,272
Just wanted to throw this up here, I finished the complete review of the MusicMaker Tomahawk In-Ear (Balanced Version):

If anyone is interested earphone that was converted from an earbud:  

http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-tomahawk-in-ear/reviews/15792

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #4,047 of 75,272

Link goes to a Russian site.
Is there a better link ?
The Mojito are indeed special even with no burn in - however, they are HUGE for my small ears so they end up tilted in my ears.
Hope the rubber rings will help.
Anyways, what a fun hobby!

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #4,050 of 75,272
Yes, of course.

Most branded audio plug on Taobao are fake (and sometime they refer it as certain brand simply because it has similar design), but you can find real deal from relatively well-known brand name retailer. If you want real Oyaide 3.5mm plug on Taobao, buy the one from FiiO (which is official Oyaide partner in China, as is Oyaide being official FiiO distributor in Japan). Not that I care - the fake one is actually quite good in quality so that's the one I use on many of my build.

Hey ClieOS, may I kindly know which Taobao Plug do you use? (3.5mm).

I always buy Yong Sheng plug, are those fake too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back