Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 4, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #3,646 of 75,871
  For what I was willing and able to pay (a total of 1580 Bhat), GSG recommended me to use the V-Monk Cable for the BlackBud Supreme.

There are 4 basic cable types to choose from and given my budget, he recommended the V-Monk, which is one of the basic cable. 

If money was not an issue, he would recommend using Supreme Cable. But the cable and oyaide jack was already the same price as the BlackBud Supreme with basic cable. 

Seeing as I can hardly tell the diff between cables, I opted to save some $$$ and just purchased the basic version.

And as for housing, yup, GSG uses Yuin PK shells, which if it is the same as my Cygnus, is one of the best fitting earbud ever! 

Many thanks. Although, saying that, it looks like you just made a further dent in my bank balance :)

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #3,649 of 75,871
Is it a phobia or i am feeling it ?

Why every time the newest earbud sounds better than others :frowning2:
Right now i feel Dark Horse G400 is @ Summit :)

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #3,651 of 75,871

Is it a phobia or i am feeling it ?

Why every time the newest earbud sounds better than others
frown.gif

Right now i feel Dark Horse G400 is @ Summit
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm... just made a further dent in our bank balance?? :fearful:

I don't have any bank balance left :frowning2: there is no place for dent even :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #3,655 of 75,871
Just ordered the MRZ Tomahawks during the Aliexpress sale, very excited but shipping is so slow! Expect a comprehensive review in the next few weeks with comparison to the Baldoor e100`s and the brand new Fiio Em3`s!

BTW, does anyone know if they`re dual BA or dynamic driver earphones? The official alliexpress store says dual BA but some other sellers say dynamic, very strange...

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #3,656 of 75,871
  Just ordered the MRZ Tomahawks during the Aliexpress sale, very excited but shipping is so slow! Expect a comprehensive review in the next few weeks with comparison to the Baldoor e100`s and the brand new Fiio Em3`s!

BTW, does anyone know if they`re dual BA or dynamic driver earphones? The official alliexpress store says dual BA but some other sellers say dynamic, very strange...

Of course it is dynamic driver. There is only one earbud ever made that has a BA inside (along with a dynamic to form a hybrid configuration) and it is by DUNU.

Don't worry too much about the BA thingy as it is probably just the usual lost-in-translation moment for the Chinese seller that doesn't speak much English. The actual original Chinese description on Tomahawks said 'as analytical as a BA driver', but by the time you saw it on Aliexpress, it somehow becomes a 'BA earbud' in itself. Just silly mistake.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3,658 of 75,871
Does anyone try Pai Audio 3.14 PR1?
Is that worth to buy for earbuds under $20?

There is a review of those up on http://www.head-fi.org/t/781399/audio-pai-audio

Hopefully it will help you decide whether or not to give them a try.

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3,659 of 75,871
Are there any earphones on that list that are better than pk2's but share the same or similar shell as them? they were comfortable and the backup earphones I have now are painful to the ears over time. I won't be running an amp though so I may be asking too much. Any help would be great!

Or should I just go through the facebook guy posted in this thread a few pages prior to this one?

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #3,660 of 75,871
  Are there any earphones on that list that are better than pk2's but share the same or similar shell as them? they were comfortable and the backup earphones I have now are painful to the ears over time. I won't be running an amp though so I may be asking too much. Any help would be great!

Or should I just go through the facebook guy posted in this thread a few pages prior to this one?

Fiio EM3 if you like present highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back