Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,474 of 75,648
Price Drop $62
http://penonaudio.com/Hifiman-ES100?search=hifiman%20es100

Hey Golov, have you heard them? How do they stack up against the Zens?

Edit: Nevermind - I just read ClieOS's 1st page summary.

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #1,479 of 75,648

Hey Golov, have you heard them? How do they stack up against the Zens?

Edit: Nevermind - I just read ClieOS's 1st page summary.

I suggest people who own ES100 seriously burn them in. I was not impressed too when I first tried them, very mid centric and muddy sound, although the resolution is extremely good. After burn them in for serveral hundred hours and more, the sound is clear, full, authentic and speaker like, the first earbud I tried that gives me the impression of audio-pile like. The fullness, articulation and above all realism of its sound is just something to behold.

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,482 of 75,648
I've had VE monk, H185, and the two HIFIKIWI buds for couple of weeks now, they are all decent buds but that's about it. E100s beat them in sub bass performance and VE Zens are still the biggest sounding earbuds I've heard. 

Sound signature wise VE monk is a hair darker sounding, H185 has significantly more treble energy than the others, and the two HIFIKIWI buds are more mid-centric.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,484 of 75,648
I've had VE monk, H185, and the two HIFIKIWI buds for couple of weeks now, they are all decent buds but that's about it. E100s beat them in sub bass performance and VE Zens are still the biggest sounding earbuds I've heard. 

Sound signature wise VE monk is a hair darker sounding, H185 has significantly more treble energy than the others, and the two HIFIKIWI buds are more mid-centric.

Could you please compare H185 and Monk bass? Which one goes deeper and is more punchy?
You also say that H185 has more highs, is this due to being too prominent in this earbud, or is it due to highs roll off in Monk?

Thanks

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,485 of 75,648
Could you please compare H185 and Monk bass? Which one goes deeper and is more punchy?
You also say that H185 has more highs, is this due to being too prominent in this earbud, or is it due to highs roll off in Monk?

Thanks

Not too much difference between bass depth and slam, VE Monks are slightly more forward feeling due to it's darker sound signature.
Highs on H185 are definitely more prominent, I'm using regular foams on these and donut foams on others, the H185s are still brighter, but sibilance are well controlled so they are not harsh sounding. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back