Earbuds Round-Up
May 19, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #946 of 75,289
  Hey thx for the infos.  But is the MX985 worth the price? Like is it worth it that I go ahead and buy it from Ebay? I mean I woulnd't mind if it's worth the price.

Also someone mentioned that it has an inline microphone? but i just dont see anywhere that says it has a microphone?

I wouldnt buy the MX985 again - I liked the pair I had, but the E100 spanks it roundly in sound, comfort and price.

May 19, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #947 of 75,289
  Hey thx for the infos.  But is the MX985 worth the price? Like is it worth it that I go ahead and buy it from Ebay? I mean I woulnd't mind if it's worth the price.

Also someone mentioned that it has an inline microphone? but i just dont see anywhere that says it has a microphone?

The MX985 doesn't have a mic and the best price to get it for is around the $200 mark or less with shipping from a reputable  ebay seller.

May 19, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #950 of 75,289

Surely the MX985 is one of the best earbud ever existed. The only thing I regret owning one is.. it is on-par (in term of sound-quality) with its older brother the MX980. If you love earbuds, I think you should try or even own one of them. They are good even when unamped, once amped they're even better. Only Zen can surpass them... (according to my ears). Too bad I do not own Blox TM7 to compare... LOL

And, no... the MX985 nor MX980 had any microphone in their line.

The MX985 is definitely on my watch list. 

same here......

MX985 already discontinued. Sennheiser confirmed they stop the production of MX985 in early 2014. I think you guys should hunt them soon. Once they depleted in stock, the price will soar high. I can see that now seller put USD 200-300 for a new one. 

May 19, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #951 of 75,289
MX985 already discontinued. Sennheiser confirmed they stop the production of MX985 in early 2014. I think you guys should hunt them soon. Once they depleted in stock, the price will soar high. I can see that now seller put USD 200-300 for a new one. 

Yeah, ebay selling in that price range....is it still worth that price? may be get used ones in good condition immediately, if found......
wink.gif

May 19, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #953 of 75,289

Surely the MX985 is one of the best earbud ever existed. The only thing I regret owning one is.. it is on-par (in term of sound-quality) with its older brother the MX980. If you love earbuds, I think you should try or even own one of them. They are good even when unamped, once amped they're even better. Only Zen can surpass them... (according to my ears). Too bad I do not own Blox TM7 to compare... LOL

And, no... the MX985 nor MX980 had any microphone in their line.

Yea someone told me on here that the MX985 ones on Ebay are fake from China? So that's why I'm still skeptical if i should get one from Ebay.

May 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #954 of 75,289
  Yeah, ebay selling in that price range....is it still worth that price? may be get used ones in good condition immediately, if found......
wink.gif

Well... the word "worth" tend to subjective measure. If it is according to me, I'll think twice before buying one. Why? Because we have VE Zen now. With half-price of the MX985, you'll get a better earbud - when amped of course (it is also a subjective opinion, because I have tried both). MX985 still the best for unamped music experience. 

But, if you're an earbud collector. Then price is not the burden... 

At the end, if you can afford and find used one in good condition, why not? As long it's an authentic and original one, eh? 
wink.gif

Yea someone told me on here that the MX985 ones on Ebay are fake from China? So that's why I'm still skeptical if i should get one from Ebay.

Amazon USA still have some in their stock... I think they're legit.

Only if Sennheiser doesn't release a new model in the future.

Hopefully they will release a new one... maybe MX990? LOL...

May 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #955 of 75,289

Well... the word "worth" tend to subjective measure. If it is according to me, I'll think twice before buying one. Why? Because we have VE Zen now. With half-price of the MX985, you'll get a better earbud - when amped of course (it is also a subjective opinion, because I have tried both). MX985 still the best for unamped music experience. 

But, if you're an earbud collector. Then price is not the burden... 

At the end, if you can afford and find used one in good condition, why not? As long it's an authentic and original one, eh? 
wink.gif

Amazon USA still have some in their stock... I think they're legit.

Hopefully they will release a new one... maybe MX990? LOL...

Where do you see they have from Amazon USA? I checked last night and they only have sellers from Korea.  LIke if I bought one right now through Amazon USA, they will ship from Korea from those Korean sellers.

May 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #959 of 75,289
May 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #960 of 75,289
Crazy prices IMO. Limited or poor seller feedback and what are all those MX985s doing in Korea and only Korea ?  Have they been made in the North ? Kim Jong Un's latest way of bringing in the much needed western capital ? A bit fishy but i might / probably be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back