Earbuds Round-Up
May 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #931 of 75,648
Can anyone who has the MX375 provide a brief review on its sound?

Thanks

The MX375 is a balanced, slightly dark earbud that's open-sounding and a touch dry. Its soundstage is more about depth than height or width. The Sennheisers are reasonably articulate but tend to get congested with more complicated passages. I like them overall but much prefer the slightly more expensive MX475 as it sounds cleaner and more linear.

May 18, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #932 of 75,648
The MX375 is a balanced, slightly dark earbud that's open-sounding and a touch dry. Its soundstage is more about depth than height or width. The Sennheisers are reasonably articulate but tend to get congested with more complicated passages. I like them overall but much prefer the slightly more expensive MX475 as it sounds cleaner and more linear.

Would you happened to have ever heard the Sony E0921? How does it compare to the MX375?

May 18, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #935 of 75,648
Very nice thread regarding earbuds.  It is very hard to find a thread like this dedicated to earbuds since everyone on the planet is doing IEMs.  

So im looking for a high end earbuds (not IEM) and trying to decide between VE Zen, PK1, Senn MX985, and Dunu Alpha 1.  Which one out of these has more bass? 
Also is the PK1 and MX985 came out 2 or 3 years ago? Any infos would be appreciated.

May 18, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #936 of 75,648
  Very nice thread regarding earbuds.  It is very hard to find a thread like this dedicated to earbuds since everyone on the planet is doing IEMs.  

So im looking for a high end earbuds (not IEM) and trying to decide between VE Zen, PK1, Senn MX985, and Dunu Alpha 1.  Which one out of these has more bass? 
Also is the PK1 and MX985 came out 2 or 3 years ago? Any infos would be appreciated.

Try the Blox BE3 or Blox BE7 as well. They have very good sound and are available on their website currently. Stocks are usually low so they sell out somewhat fast. 

May 18, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #937 of 75,648
  Try the Blox BE3 or Blox BE7 as well. They have very good sound and are available on their website currently. Stocks are usually low so they sell out somewhat fast. 

What about the Blox TM7? what happened to it? i don't see it on their website? Why are they only selling the cheap BE3 and BE7? 
What about the Dunu Alpha 1 and Senn MX985? where can i buy the MX985? Can't find it anywhere except Ebay.

May 18, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #938 of 75,648
Would you happened to have ever heard the Sony E0921? How does it compare to the MX375?

The Sony is a touch more bassy and fuller sounding with a more aggressive, up-front presentation and V-shaped response. The Sennheiser is more open and spacious, slightly more neutral, and has better frequency extension, especially in the higher frequencies. Detail through the bass and mids are more or less similar between the two models, but the MX pulls ahead in treble resolution, though the E0921 has more of it.

May 19, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #944 of 75,648
@jincuteguy: The Senn MX985 was discontinued sadly. It looks like ebay is the only place to get them as luckily for me I'd  managed to receive the Senn MX985 as a Christmas present from my mum in 2013 where she was on a business trip mid to late 2013 to Tokyo and on her way back at Tokyo Narita Airport she bought two one for me and one for my little brother.... *ahm* storytelling aside....  ....idk for some unknown reason senn decided to discontinue the MX985 during 2014.

If i where you i'd quickly pick up a pair new on ebay before they disappear for good in the near future. 

May 19, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #945 of 75,648
  @jincuteguy: The Senn MX985 was discontinued sadly. It looks like ebay is the only place to get them as luckily for me I'd  managed to receive the Senn MX985 as a Christmas present from my mum in 2013 where she was on a business trip mid to late 2013 to Tokyo and on her way back at Tokyo Narita Airport she bought two one for me and one for my little brother.... *ahm* storytelling aside....  ....idk for some unknown reason senn decided to discontinue the MX985 during 2014.

If i where you i'd quickly pick up a pair new on ebay before they disappear for good in the near future. 

Hey thx for the infos.  But is the MX985 worth the price? Like is it worth it that I go ahead and buy it from Ebay? I mean I woulnd't mind if it's worth the price.

Also someone mentioned that it has an inline microphone? but i just dont see anywhere that says it has a microphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back