Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 26, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #737 of 75,343
Maybe it is just me but I am not impressed with Dasetn's build quality. The MC5 falls apart even before I open its box up (which I have to glue it back but it is at least still functional) while the Mod M760 has channel imbalance so bad that I can only concluded that they didn't bother to QC their products (hence I never include it into the review). These are some of the worst DIY earphone I ever have, so no recommendation from me.

p/s: separating the top three into a category of their own, which I think they deserve as much.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #739 of 75,343
I agree. But they have many followers, and here HeadFi, and other resources. Everyone can take a chance to check that personally.
smily_headphones1.gif
Buyer's right to information.

Just as much right to be informed why it isn't recommended.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #740 of 75,343
I will not but anymore Dasetn products. They have way to high of a failure rate. Over 50% I bought were broke either on arrival or within days.

Plus, one of my big orders from them did not even arrive. Then Dasetn did not reply to any of my emails. I had to get my money back through PayPal.

So, no more Dasetn for me.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #743 of 75,343
ClieOS,西小筑DIY Dual Driver, can tell me more about them?

They claimed to use the same DDM driver that was used on PowerBeats. DDM isn't specific to PowerBeats but can be found on other dual driver dynamic IEM. I am pretty sure all of them come from the same Chinese OEM. Basically it is a way of fusing a 15mm bass and midrange driver and a 7mm driver treble driver together to form a single assembly.

As for the cable options - they are basically silver plated copper wire for the more expensive one and pure copper wire for the cheaper one.

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #745 of 75,343
can someone suggest me a good earphone's under $50 .. i am very impressed by mh750 quality... someone plz suggest me earphones from sony sennheiser jbl soundmagic philips as these are the only one's available in india..

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #747 of 75,343

They claimed to use the same DDM driver that was used on PowerBeats. DDM isn't specific to PowerBeats but can be found on other dual driver dynamic IEM. I am pretty sure all of them come from the same Chinese OEM. Basically it is a way of fusing a 15mm bass and midrange driver and a 7mm driver treble driver together to form a single assembly.

As for the cable options - they are basically silver plated copper wire for the more expensive one and pure copper wire for the cheaper one.

It's probably a good idea to try something like modified yurbuds enhancers for these buds, better seal should bring out more bass. 
There isn't much to lose consider PowerBeats is more or less a completely sealed version. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #748 of 75,343
  It's probably a good idea to try something like modified yurbuds enhancers for these buds, better seal should bring out more bass. 
There isn't much to lose consider PowerBeats is more or less a completely sealed version. 

That will defeat my purpose of wearing an earbuds in the first place. That is, I don't want a tight seal. If I want a tight seal, I already have great IEMs that do that very well.

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #750 of 75,343
Agree with that. The wonderful open sound of a really good earbud relies in them not being sealed. A bit like an open vs closed full size headphone but possibly more so. Very few if any iems can match the soundstaging and feeling of airiness and separation

Back to Atomic Floyd Airjax Titaniums, if your in the UK these are selling for £49.99 on a certain large auction site at the moment, Not quite the TK Maxx deal but still an almighty bargain. As I said they are easily in the MX980 class in terms of sound. The name and to some extent the looks might indicate form over function or a bloated bassy mess (a la Beats) but not this time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back