Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #586 of 75,249
Is the purpose of earbuds over IEMs so that you can hear your surroundings?  Will open or semi-open IEMs have the same effect?

Also, how loud will they be to the neighbor?  Wondering if my co-workers will be able to hear what I'm listening to.

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #587 of 75,249
  Is the purpose of earbuds over IEMs so that you can hear your surroundings?  Will open or semi-open IEMs have the same effect?

Also, how loud will they be to the neighbor?  Wondering if my co-workers will be able to hear what I'm listening to.

Earbuds have very little isolation, which means you may need to up the volume to dangerous levels to enjoy your music in a noisy environment.
I never listen to music when walking around. Use earbuds for my quiet office, when I need to hear the phone ringing.
If there are people around me, I only use closed headphones or IEMs, don't want them to listen to my music.

Semi-open IEMs (e.g. RE-400) will usually isolate better.

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #588 of 75,249
Two hours in with the M2C and still liking what I hear. Switched from my decrepit old Sony MP3 player, to an iPod Touch 1G for a while, then to my Clip +...

The ever-so-slightly heavy warmth is gone now, and I am getting deep, detailed bass, and clean highs. Soundstage sounds natural and placement is great...

These definitely are an improvement over what I recall of the old M2C, and a good substitute for anyone who doesn't have the TM7 on hand.

...more to come.

Crap! I should have ordered a pair! Too late now, they are sold out.

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #589 of 75,249

Crap! I should have ordered a pair! Too late now, they are sold out.

I too had these open in a tab and was trying to make up my mind when I saw your post. Oh well. Pulled the trigger on the now renamed M760 on Dasetn's page. I had also contacted BeB about their lineup and they are still available. To the poster who asked about an earbud with a mic (much earlier), the Beb 328rm has a mic and is 32.99.

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #590 of 75,249

Earbuds have very little isolation, which means you may need to up the volume to dangerous levels to enjoy your music in a noisy environment.
I never listen to music when walking around. Use earbuds for my quiet office, when I need to hear the phone ringing.
If there are people around me, I only use closed headphones or IEMs, don't want them to listen to my music.

Semi-open IEMs (e.g. RE-400) will usually isolate better.

I was thinking the opposite.  I need to be able to hear what people are saying and I need to be able to hear the phone ring, so earbuds or open IEMs would be better than closed or super isolating IEMs.  

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #591 of 75,249
So, Dasetn talks a bit about what he did with that M3 but not so much with the M760. What is modded on them? "Balanced sound" also makes me weary as in they might be bass light in reality. I have a UU2 so balanced is covered. Not convinced to pull the trigger. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #593 of 75,249
I too had these open in a tab and was trying to make up my mind when I saw your post. Oh well. Pulled the trigger on the now renamed M760 on Dasetn's page. I had also contacted BeB about their lineup and they are still available. To the poster who asked about an earbud with a mic (much earlier), the Beb 328rm has a mic and is 32.99.

The BeB earbud is fantastic for the price ! ....Great bass and it handles vocals very well.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #595 of 75,249
The BeB earbud is fantastic for the price ! ....Great bass and it handles vocals very well.

Awesome, I read some reviews on the Blue Ever Blue (BeB) 328R "The Black". Seems to be a decent one for the price.

I ended up emailing BeB's General Inquiries, telling them I head read about it here on Head-Fi and asked if there were any promotions.

I got this responce:

____

"Hi Justin,

There is no promotion code for them, but we ship free to the US and Canada. I can give you a $5 discount since you saw us on Head-Fi.org.

I can have a Paypal invoice sent to you for $19.99 if you want to proceed.

Best regards,

Bentley Plummer
Customer Service
Blue Ever Blue LLC"
____

So of course I ordered a pair! :)

I'm totally hooked on Earbuds now, really wish I had found this thread sooner!

Head-Fi is still crushing my wallet, but making my ears so happy.

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #597 of 75,249
I did but haven't gotten anything yet either. Was planning on sending an email tomorrow to follow up. By the way BeB stated they are giving anyone who mentions head-fi the $5 discount on their 328r and 328rm only. I'll probably order one of those too.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #600 of 75,249
I've been listening to the:: Blue Ever Blue (BeB) - 328R the last few days. REALLY like it. It is much smoother and relaxed than the DIY PK3 Mod.

Kinda reminds me of an earbud version of my HD650.

The 328R is a great overall earbud. It is the kind you can listen to for hours with little to no fatigue.
Highs are rolled off just a tad early, but that is what gives it the smooth, relaxed sound signature.
Bass is impressive for an earbud, goes down more than I thought it could without bleading into the mids.
Mids themself just every so slightly recessed. Vocals could be just a little more forward.

I do not think it is "better" or "worse" than my DIY PK3 Mod, but it is just a different listening option.

I think they are quite amazing for the $20 I spent on them.

(Please forgive the crappy cellphone picture).

IMG_20140318_095654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back