Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 7, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #13,561 of 75,811

Sadly I have not. However I always had a feeling it wouldn't be the sound I'm after, so I was never interested to go for them anyway... I'd love to hear them but don't think I'll be buying a set anytime soon.

Yeap I do not think it is your preferred sound signature, the K500 seems to be for trebleheads, the bass is not even as powerful as the ZS3. If the ZS3 is dark, the K500 is the total opposite, it is really bright with lots of details. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #13,563 of 75,811

Thanks for your input. Right now i am happy with Shozy Stardust and TY650. So, may be i won't buy Qfred and Campfred for now. (May be next year)

What is the sound signature like for the Shozy Stardust and the TY650?

Stardust and TY650 is quite similar, but Stardust is more dynamic and it has better controlled bass. But it's still early impressions.
I need more time to compare these 2.

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #13,564 of 75,811
  2) Any news regarding Rose Technology 64ohm? 
Sound sig, price, availability, anything? :wink:

+1 if the masya is the baby mojito, this could be mojito's grandchild :p

update on ty hp32 kinda flat sounding to my ears now (could be the fact that my brain is subconsciously comparing them to the cygnus), sony's sound nice with full foams, and senn's mx170's have decent amount of clarity and even bass (but not sub-bass more like mid-upper) without any foams

I will be sending the cygnus back to its maker for repairs, the cost of sounding that great from New Old Stock

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #13,565 of 75,811
  Still I'll spend $450 on Cypherus QFred and CAX black edition this coming week.

The amount you are going to spend is already something. All right Daniel, negotiate the prices. We could make a group purchase from Cypherus. At least we could save on that expensive EMS shipment. But you would have to manage the whole deal :wink: 

P.S. Are 2 people a group already or is it merely a pair? Oh, I think it counts from 3.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #13,566 of 75,811

The amount you are going to spend is already something. All right Daniel, negotiate the prices. We could make a group purchase from Cypherus. At least we could save on that expensive EMS shipment. But you would have to manage the whole deal :wink: 

P.S. Are 2 people a group already or is it merely a pair? Oh, I think it counts from 3.

Whoops!
I meant Cypherus CampFred and not QFred. I already have QFred. I will buy CampFred and CAX black edition later this week.

I want to get them as soon as possible but I am sure that Herry of Cypherus would be willing to work out a deal. He's not much for giving discount, though. I do get a slight discount on CampFred, but that is only because I buy the complete lineup of Cypherus earbuds (QFred, CampFred & CAX black edition).
My experience with QFred is enough for me to blindly buy any earbud that Cypherus releases. At least up to $300...

If there are 3-4 people in Europe who are willing to make a group purchase I could discuss it will Herry of Cypherus. However I would not take part in the purchase. He might release a successor to QFred next year so perhaps we could arrange it then? I would definitely take part then!

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #13,567 of 75,811

Whoops!
I meant Cypherus CampFred and not QFred. I already have QFred. I will buy CampFred and CAX black edition later this week.

I want to get them as soon as possible but I am sure that Herry of Cypherus would be willing to work out a deal. He's not much for giving discount, though. I do get a slight discount on CampFred, but that is only because I buy the complete lineup of Cypherus earbuds (QFred, CampFred & CAX black edition).
My experience with QFred is enough for me to blindly buy any earbud that Cypherus releases. At least up to $300...

If there are 3-4 people in Europe who are willing to make a group purchase I could discuss it will Herry of Cypherus. However I would not take part in the purchase. He might release a successor to QFred next year so perhaps we could arrange it then? I would definitely take part then!

Interesting.
Btw please remind me which the flagship is (QFred?), so then what is CampFred and Cax Black Edition in the line-up? 
tongue_smile.gif

I just remembered earlier this year King Rudi has the Cy Ax Golden Reference, which is kind of legendary. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #13,569 of 75,811
  Interesting.
Btw please remind me which the flagship is (QFred?), so then what is CampFred and Cax Black Edition in the line-up? 
tongue_smile.gif

I just remembered earlier this year King Rudi has the Cy Ax Golden Reference, which is kind of legendary. 
biggrin.gif

I think Cypherus only has one earbud at a time. CampFred was first and is discontinued, but Herry of Cypherus can custom make CampFred of someone want to buy a pair. He told me he still has CampFred drivers. QFred is the current earbud from Cypherus.

CAX/Cy Ax black edition is a more simple version of CAX/Cy Ax golden reference (although they use different drivers). It was never meant to be for sale but he's made something like 5-10 pairs and if someone wants to buy a pair he can sell them.

So you are getting so called "Cypherus starter pack" :)

I'm getting knocked in my head if my wife gets to know the price of those earbuds... I do not think it will help that I'm selling stuff to finance the purchase.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #13,570 of 75,811
I keep comparing Qian 39 to TP-16 and for me - Toneking wins.
It is worse in terms of bang for the buck, but if it is about sound signature I would preffer it. Tp-16 has more air, it is colder, more neutral and analytical, it has better cable and chin strap.

Not trying toimply that 39 is bad. No, it is good. Especially given the price. 
It is cozy like an afternoon in an old chair with a capuchino, while TP-16 is more like  a fresh air blowing in your face while you run by the sea. Both are good but only one is "my cup of tea".

Anyway - thx to vapman for  bringing attention to this small masterpiece.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #13,571 of 75,811
BTW if you are in need to test earphone's spatials and separation - here is one of the tracks that can be used:

https://reidwillis.bandcamp.com/track/childhood-wonder 

One of my favorites for testing.

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #13,573 of 75,811

I think Cypherus only has one earbud at a time. CampFred was first and is discontinued, but Herry of Cypherus can custom make CampFred of someone want to buy a pair. He told me he still has CampFred drivers. QFred is the current earbud from Cypherus.

CAX/Cy Ax black edition is a more simple version of CAX/Cy Ax golden reference (although they use different drivers). It was never meant to be for sale but he's made something like 5-10 pairs and if someone wants to buy a pair he can sell them.

I'm getting knocked in my head if my wife gets to know the price of those earbuds... I do not think it will help that I'm selling stuff to finance the purchase.

Thanks for the info.
Well, I think many of us will be very interested in your impressions of all your Cy earbuds 
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

I am not ready to put some much money atm for a pair but maybe later. 
tongue.gif

Let's hope your wife won't find out.
If so, tell her that it's only a group buy to ship to other EU earbuddies like us, don't worry I'll help you to testify 
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #13,575 of 75,811
  BTW if you are in need to test earphone's spatials and separation - here is one of the tracks that can be used:

https://reidwillis.bandcamp.com/track/childhood-wonder 

One of my favorites for testing.

Yes, good track. I use this one usually, especially the last minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v_QV-SJ4bQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back