Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 19, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #6,738 of 75,861
Sorry, a couple of work for last few days. Maybe too late, but i'll reply some post that interested for me.
Before that. I'm really interesting on that aztec axe. If someone has it, please share your impression.
Once i know it's worth for its price, will buy it soon :)

So does anyone else want to say what their absolute favourite bud is? What is the best bud in the entire world in your opinion?

Not best in entire world, just my top 4. Ve zen v1 > ve zen v2 > mx985 > blox be7. But i only keep 2 of them for now. Zen v1 as the best bud. And be7 as the best direct drive-bud (unamped)

So actually what category is the Blox B200 supposed to be in? Are they flagship? Old buds? Which level are they positioned at?

Blox B200 is an entirely new type of blox. Not using any old driver/tuning. Woo said that the sound between m2c and blox be7.
Technically, it's an upgrade version of m2c. More transparent than be7, surprisingly. But not as wide as be7 soundstage. Less airy too. But for it's price, it's very worth to keep. AFAIK, it has the special Blox sound and quality :)

I believe it is new series from them that the distribution is limited to Thailand customer only. But please someone with more truth about this correct me if I'm wrong.

We should wait for my senior @Joy Boy
 to clarify things up. I heard this information from him.

about why he sell via IG, it is the way he sell his earbuds from long time ago and he is one of the most trusted earbuds seller in Indonesia.

And I think it is because he have limited stock that he sell it that way. Haven't seen he selling Blox B200 in his online store.

Already replied it :)
It has very limited stock. Actually, woo said that it's special type that he sold only in thailand. But fortunately, local seller (tukangketik) on indonesia could have some stock (not much) from woo

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #6,739 of 75,861
What are the current mid-range suggestions for a vocals based earbud? I know the Mojito can feel a little analytical and dry, and I'm really enjoying the Monk mod I have, so I'm curious what other suggestions there are.

Not necessarily mid-range but with good sounding vocals would be... guess what, you already own the one with good if not best vocal reproduction IMHO. Once, I have checked my earbuds for vocal and most natural human voice reproduction offered MX 985. And then there is Zen 2.0, Cygnus, Dunu Alpha 1, and DaiK DK-Jin Wooden. I will also mention here Final Audio Design Piano Forte II, although this one is very tricky - sort of very specialized earbud - good for classical and for some vocals.

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #6,740 of 75,861

Oh, so Mojitos are like DIY Dual Drivers or not? How would you describe scene presentation in Mojitos? Stadium gig/club gig/living room with big stereo speakers setup/room with 5.1 surround setup or different?

To  my ears and perception, whenever I close my eyes, I feel like I am in an large concert hall, listening to an assemble from the front to middle roll of seating. After lending my mother the Mojito's, she also mentions the same thing, in that she felt like she was in a large concert hall, listening to opera.  

Can anyone say what type of connectors used in the Rose Mojito? Any link?

Normal 2-pin

on the listing , it says tf 2 pins so i assume triple fi 10 pins

Tf10 2pin:sunglasses:

FWIW, Rose Mojito utilizes TF10 2 Pin connectors with a male diameter of 0.75. The earbuds do not have a left or right. They are determined by how one plugs the cable into the bud. If you plug in the right cable on to blue side of Mojito, then blue will be right. On the original cable, the R and L markings should face outward to ensure correct polarity and avoid phase cancellation.

Hope this helps.
So what's the big deal with Seahf anyway? What makes them so good?

Buttery smooth mid range (on both 320 V1 and V2, kindly refer to my previous compilation to get an idea of all the different versions of SeaHF), smoother in my opinion than Cygnus. Very good for vocals. Dark and Laidback.
Any other good qualities? How about vocals/mids? Soundstage?

Soundstage is not as wide rather it is deep. I would say about 1/10 of the Mojito's wideness. But damn thier mids are liquid smooth.

Just got this bad boy. Sounds great on a first few tracks!

How long is a burnin time?

So is Rose even better? Worth $200 better?

Burn in time of 200hours at normal listening volume. You will see the soundstage open up significantly. 
As for Mojito vs Cygnus, they are just different buds.
Cygnus trumps the mojitos on mids, but the rest, mojito wins hands down (if you were to forcefully compare two different "genres" of earbuds)

I just ordered my new Mojito so I will try it out of my phone when it gets here, haha. I never thought to use it on such plebian sources
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

(All joking aside, it was great with any DAP i used it with directly, so I wouldn't be worried, that said, I should try it myself before making any statements I want people to listen to)

Welcome to the club, I hope was not responsible for your loss of money.
  Well it's only 16 ohm impedance so it should work with any phone theoretically

Actually, looking purely at impedance is a mistake. I actually find the 16ohms mojitos harder to drive to a certain extent when compared to the cygnus. The scale up very well with your source and I would like to think that they can handle being pushed by high wattages. The original seller of the Mojito says that to get optimal performance, you should maybe consider to use a desktop stack.
What are the current mid-range suggestions for a vocals based earbud? I know the Mojito can feel a little analytical and dry, and I'm really enjoying the Monk mod I have, so I'm curious what other suggestions there are.

SeaHF 320Ohm V1 or V2 

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #6,741 of 75,861

Actually, looking purely at impedance is a mistake. I actually find the 16ohms mojitos harder to drive to a certain extent when compared to the cygnus. The scale up very well with your source and I would like to think that they can handle being pushed by high wattages. The original seller of the Mojito says that to get optimal performance, you should maybe consider to use a desktop stack.
SeaHF 320Ohm V1 or V2 

Uh oh.. hopefully I get decent sound (I plan to plug these directly into my Galaxy S6).  Would someone with a cell phone and Mojito mind doing a quick test to see if it sounds acceptable?  I do know that I won't be maximizing it's performance, but if running purely on a cell phone negates most of it's strengths, then I may end up selling it.

EDIT: For reference, I currently am plugging a Cygnus and Ting directly to my cell phone and enjoy them quite a bit (far better than the Yuin PK3 they replaced).

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #6,742 of 75,861
  A lot of AE sellers insert "2016" or other sort of rubbish like "Go Pro" into their listings headlines to lure potential buyers and to differentiate from other sellers. If you check out Penon Audio listings they are fair enought and keep their listings clean from this kind of rubbish. That's what we call fair-play.

Well in our case the 2016 bud has a different name + different frequency range.

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #6,743 of 75,861
I already own the Seahf LD-4.0 400Ohm and the LD-3.0 150Ohm earbuds, and will soon also get the 320Ohm V1 and V2. I guess you now can call me a Seahf fanboy! 
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #6,744 of 75,861
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #6,745 of 75,861
  To  my ears and perception, whenever I close my eyes, I feel like I am in an large concert hall, listening to an assemble from the front to middle roll of seating. After lending my mother the Mojito's, she also mentions the same thing, in that she felt like she was in a large concert hall, listening to opera. 

And this is what worries me. Mojito owners - do you feel like Mojitos add its own reverberation to original recordings?

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #6,746 of 75,861
Sorry, a couple of work for last few days. Maybe too late, but i'll reply some post that interested for me.
Before that. I'm really interesting on that aztec axe. If someone has it, please share your impression.
Once i know it's worth for its price, will buy it soon 
smily_headphones1.gif

Not best in entire world, just my top 4. Ve zen v1 > ve zen v2 > mx985 > blox be7. But i only keep 2 of them for now. Zen v1 as the best bud. And be7 as the best direct drive-bud (unamped)
Blox B200 is an entirely new type of blox. Not using any old driver/tuning. Woo said that the sound between m2c and blox be7.
Technically, it's an upgrade version of m2c. More transparent than be7, surprisingly. But not as wide as be7 soundstage. Less airy too. But for it's price, it's very worth to keep. AFAIK, it has the special Blox sound and quality 
smily_headphones1.gif

Already replied it 
smily_headphones1.gif

It has very limited stock. Actually, woo said that it's special type that he sold only in thailand. But fortunately, local seller (@tukangketik) on indonesia could have some stock (not much) from woo

So I a bit understand now that Blox house sound speciality is staging and imaging... and thanks for the clarification 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

SeaHF 320Ohm V1 or V2 

can you tell me the difference between them?

I already own the Seahf LD-4.0 400Ohm and the LD-3.0 150Ohm earbuds, and will soon also get the 320Ohm V1 and V2. I guess you now can call me a Seahf fanboy! 
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

waiting for the comparison between those seahf buds and when they compare with Zen 2.

Sorry maybe I'm asking too much. I'd like to buy all of them and compare it myself but I only have a thin wallet here . Any one that compare them will be much much appreciated. 
biggrin.gif

What I search for now is an end game earbuds which excel in mid-range (vocal especially) and have a great bass slam for EDM

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #6,747 of 75,861
  So I a bit understand now that Blox house sound speciality is staging and imaging... and thanks for the clarification 
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard all Blox models, but I own TM7 and have owned ANV3, BE3 & M2C. I'd say that all of them offer a very smooth sound and that smoothness is what defines the Blox sound for me. As the models become better they become more detailed and get a bigger soundstage. But that "Blox smoothness" is always there...

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #6,748 of 75,861
I bought the JiuShao E300 and received them today. They're complete garbage and a waste of money. How ClieOS rated them higher than Monk and about the same height as the Earbell will forever be a mystery to me.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #6,749 of 75,861

And this is what worries me. Mojito owners - do you feel like Mojitos add its own reverberation to original recordings?
sounds very good , but I do not hear any reverb other then the one presented in the music.:grin:

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #6,750 of 75,861

I haven't heard all Blox models, but I own TM7 and have owned ANV3, BE3 & M2C. I'd say that all of them offer a very smooth sound and that smoothness is what defines the Blox sound for me. As the models become better they become more detailed and get a bigger soundstage. But that "Blox smoothness" is always there...

smoothness? 
confused.gif

Sorry for my noobness. I think I couldn't understand it as I've never heard any Blox buds. Maybe I should buy Blox B200 and forget about Seahf and Zen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back