Earbuds Round-Up
May 7, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #61,156 of 75,448
Does anyone have the Newbsound 32x yet? From Facebook below, sure looks pretty 😍

Screenshot_20220506-103341_Facebook.jpg
I received 10 days ago but couldn't take a listened for conclusions
IMG_20220429_170048.jpg

May 7, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #61,157 of 75,448
By the way, I think you didn't notice this little gem that can take my earbuds to another level.

IMG_20220322_222919.jpg

May 7, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #61,158 of 75,448
New to earbuds, two questions...

1. What's a good upgrade from the Yincrow X6? I like them but they're ever so slightly too bassy for me. So something with a tiny bit more sparkle (but still good bass) would be great. Also I don't think my ears would fit much bigger buds, so something similar in size.

2. What covers (is that the word?) can I get to make my Yincrows more comfortable? The foam covers they came with are not very dense and quite coarse and itchy. Is there something that like the foam that's used with IEM tips, or like silicone donut covers? Any AliExpress links would be great.

Thanks all!

May 7, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #61,159 of 75,448
New to earbuds, two questions...

1. What's a good upgrade from the Yincrow X6? I like them but they're ever so slightly too bassy for me. So something with a tiny bit more sparkle (but still good bass) would be great. Also I don't think my ears would fit much bigger buds, so something similar in size.

2. What covers (is that the word?) can I get to make my Yincrows more comfortable? The foam covers they came with are not very dense and quite coarse and itchy. Is there something that like the foam that's used with IEM tips, or like silicone donut covers? Any AliExpress links would be great.

Thanks all!
Yincrow RW-9

May 7, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #61,160 of 75,448
O.K., I've determined that *for me* the end-all, be-all when it comes to buds is fit. In my case, the Qian39 are by far the best fitting buds (if only so-so when it comes to actual audio performance) for my ears. Are there other buds that fit the same way as the Q39?

May 7, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #61,161 of 75,448
I asked Justin Miner how to get my hands on the Earbuds Anonymous quite some time ago, when I joined his Facebook group. But I haven't bought them until now. As a reviewer, I even feel a bit ashamed that I've delayed buying them for so long to review them. But, as they say in my country: ""Nunca es tarde, si la dicha es buena".
Now, I am glad to have them at home.
At first I thought that this model would have the classic MX500 capsule shape. But no, it is much better and also the grille is metallic and the cable is improved. I have a lot of earbuds and I think the shape is classic, but unusual. However, I think it is one of the most suitable designs, because of its ergonomics. They are really light and very comfortable. And I love their tuning. Really, they are earbuds for beginners in this world, because they have a good balance in the three bands: the bass is present and they have a good speed. The mids don't suffer from any muddiness and feel present. Even the highs have a good touch, and all this just out of the box! They are sure to improve after a good burning.

I took a ‘gamble’ on these after spending years believing that earbuds couldn’t possibly be any good, influenced mainly by the buds that used to come bundled with equipment when I was a kid.

Glad to say these have shot my low expectations out of the water and ignited an interest in this particular rabbit hole!

I have to say; these partner really well with the ifi go blu and are my new dog walking set up!

4F10F0A0-7DED-4DEA-97BB-A61B09234906.jpeg

May 7, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #61,163 of 75,448
O.K., I've determined that *for me* the end-all, be-all when it comes to buds is fit. In my case, the Qian39 are by far the best fitting buds (if only so-so when it comes to actual audio performance) for my ears. Are there other buds that fit the same way as the Q39?
VE Zen Lite shares the same shell.

May 8, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #61,164 of 75,448
Hi guys,

I am huge newbie in this scene, however I do prefer to listen music trough a pair of nice earbuds!

These are my current ones, in an order of purchase:
1. Yincrow X6
2. Yincrow RW-9
3. Temperament (Ksearphone) Bell-LBs
4. ...?

With each of them I've been more and more happy in terms of the sound. Especially with Bell-LBs, though I would preferer just a tiny bit more bass.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations which ones, should I pursue next?
How big of a difference is around ~$150 compared to ~$300 area? Is it worth it just to skip ~$100 class?

Thank you!

May 8, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #61,165 of 75,448
Hi guys,

I am huge newbie in this scene, however I do prefer to listen music trough a pair of nice earbuds!

1. Yincrow X6
2. Yincrow RW-9
4. ...?

With each of them I've been more and more happy in terms of the sound. Especially with Bell-LBs, though I would preferer just a tiny bit more bass.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations which ones, should I pursue next?
How big of a difference is around ~$150 compared to ~$300 area? Is it worth it just to skip ~$100 class?

Thank you!

Maybe u can check out the Yincrow RW-2000.

As for $150 -> $300, diminishing returns kick in very hard. The best price-to-performance and sweet spot is actually in the sub $50 area, even $150 gear already gets diminishing returns from the budget segment, and you get further diminishing returns going to $300 from there.

Personally, I would perhaps upgrade the source (amp for example) before chasing unicorns in the $300 range, but YMMV.

May 8, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #61,166 of 75,448
Maybe u can check out the Yincrow RW-2000.

As for $150 -> $300, diminishing returns kick in very hard. The best price-to-performance and sweet spot is actually in the sub $50 area, even $150 gear already gets diminishing returns from the budget segment, and you get further diminishing returns going to $300 from there.

Personally, I would perhaps upgrade the source (amp for example) before chasing unicorns in the $300 range, but YMMV.
You can't miss with the RW2000. They seem to be the most well balanced overall of the ones I have heard. The RW3000 are a lot more expensive, and they are better overall, but they aren't tuned that much different than the RW2000 (more clarity, overall improved sound). Point is if you are going with TOTL for buds, the RW2000 is a better price/sound ratio IMO. The diminishing returns hits really hard between the RW2000 and the RW3000.

I am a really big fan of the last gen Smabat buds (M2s Pro, ST10S) in the range of $50 to $110(ish). Personally I find the ST10S gold (150Ohm driver) to have more quantity of bass than the others. But I won't discount the M2s Pro (stock) either. They are fantastic! The most similar to those that are budget (to me) are the NiceHCK EBS2.

I have not heard the ones mentioned, so I can't comment on if there is more quantity of bass with the ones mentioned or not.

May 8, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #61,167 of 75,448
Hi guys,

1. Yincrow X6
2. Yincrow RW-9
4. ...?

Thank you!

As already pointed out by others, RW-2000 is the way to go.

May 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #61,168 of 75,448
You can't miss with the RW2000. They seem to be the most well balanced overall of the ones I have heard. The RW3000 are a lot more expensive, and they are better overall, but they aren't tuned that much different than the RW2000 (more clarity, overall improved sound). Point is if you are going with TOTL for buds, the RW2000 is a better price/sound ratio IMO. The diminishing returns hits really hard between the RW2000 and the RW3000.

I am a really big fan of the last gen Smabat buds (M2s Pro, ST10S) in the range of $50 to $110(ish). Personally I find the ST10S gold (150Ohm driver) to have more quantity of bass than the others. But I won't discount the M2s Pro (stock) either. They are fantastic! The most similar to those that are budget (to me) are the NiceHCK EBS2.

I have not heard the ones mentioned, so I can't comment on if there is more quantity of bass with the ones mentioned or not.

Have you tried the newest Smabat ST-20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back