Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 9, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #58,682 of 75,852
Smabat ST10s gold is 3.5 mmcx, but I use with 2.5 balanced mmcx cable for more power delivery from my dongles. $10-$15 investment. The BGVP I have not seen any real positive reviews and it is rarely mentioned here, therefore draw your own conclusions.

The ST10s gold is very good IMO. Awesome (bud) bass. Powerfully sounding. Great with all electronic music.

Oh yeah I forgot ST10s has a detachable cable. @F700 recommended that model to me months ago but I wasn't ready to take the plunge from IEMs to buds at the time! Cool, I reckon that's my next bud once the piggy bank is topped up.

Got it re BGVP.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #58,683 of 75,852
Nov 9, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #58,684 of 75,852
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #58,685 of 75,852
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #58,686 of 75,852
Warning: subjective rant ahead.

Ive always disliked iems due to physical discomfort. Have always preferred earbuds if isolation is not a concern. However, I find earbuds not all that comfortable anymore. Koss Porta Pro and Samsung Galaxy Buds Live provide as good or better sound with much better comfort.*

Its not you earbuds, its me. I got old. I know what I want and I dont want to lead you on. Goodbye.

* vs X6, Vido, and LBBS. I know, very limited data.

edit: Ill keep X6 and Vido as a reminder of the good and bad times. I hope you dont mind. LBBS? Yeah no thats dumb, sorry. That’s a lot of bass eq to fix and I worry about distortion with such a tiny driver.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #58,687 of 75,852
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #58,688 of 75,852
Those are earbuds though. At least closer to an earbud than an iem.
GOAT earbud confirmed.

Nah. Earbuds that require seal are in a different category. The guys talked about it in the last few pages. Traditional earbuds with foams have a more natural timbre (particularly bass). I think its due to their leaky nature via foam. Theory, I could be wrong.

btw Samsung Galaxy Buds Live has vents on ear side and outer side. Isolation is very poor. ANC is effective at blocking out low frequency noises only (engines, washer and dryer, etc). Not tried on a plane.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #58,689 of 75,852
Ok these definitely lack bass compared to my other buds but they are very enjoyable for the price - great soundstage, detailed and airy with excellent mids and treble, no harshness at all. I won't be reaching for them for lively music but certainly a great choice for ambient music while working, love how light they are - very comfortable and the cable is really nice too. They've been in my ears all afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed.

20211109_144307.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 9, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #58,690 of 75,852
I’m currently going through my earbuds using the cayin c9 amp with some daps. Tubes and earbuds is a very nice combo :)

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #58,691 of 75,852
I’m currently going through my earbuds using the cayin c9 amp with some daps. Tubes and earbuds is a very nice combo :)

On my radar! I've been tempted by the N3Pro as a 'cheap' entry to tubes via a DAP.

btw, we were talking about ambient albums the other day - another to check out is 'Twentythree' by Carbon Based Lifeforms... amazing on buds, especially the stunning 'Somewhere in Russia'.

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #58,692 of 75,852
On my radar! I've been tempted by the N3Pro as a 'cheap' entry to tubes via a DAP.

btw, we were talking about ambient albums the other day - another to check out is 'Twentythree' by Carbon Based Lifeforms... amazing on buds, especially the stunning 'Somewhere in Russia'.
Definitely worth getting the c9 as you can use it with other daps? Do you have a N6ii?
Keep the ambient albums coming. I’ll listen to that one tonight :)
I’m on the single dd iem hunt too, a8000, Luna, ie900, Isabelle! Not sure which yet.
My 32 pro has been posted now as well. So far I think the em5 is my fav bud. Just relaxes me

Nov 9, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #58,693 of 75,852
Definitely worth getting the c9 as you can use it with other daps? Do you have a N6ii?
Keep the ambient albums coming. I’ll listen to that one tonight :)
I’m on the single dd iem hunt too, a8000, Luna, ie900, Isabelle! Not sure which yet.
My 32 pro has been posted now as well. So far I think the em5 is my fav bud. Just relaxes me

I'm getting the n6ii-Ti later this month, looking to hearing the R01, heard great things about it.

On ambient albums, I'll pop a few of my all time favourites in a spoiler later.

Yeah I'm curious on Luna too... love IE900 and Isa, plus Dunu Zen recently rekindled love. Isa is great for relaxing, IE900 and Zen more upbeat. Acoustune also on the radar. Love single DDs.

EM5 still my top bud choice too, incredibly relaxing.

Nov 9, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #58,694 of 75,852
I'm getting the n6ii-Ti later this month, looking to hearing the R01, heard great things about it.

On ambient albums, I'll pop a few of my all time favourites in a spoiler later.

Yeah I'm curious on Luna too... love IE900 and Isa, plus Dunu Zen recently rekindled love. Isa is great for relaxing, IE900 and Zen more upbeat. Acoustune also on the radar. Love single DDs.

EM5 still my top bud choice too, incredibly relaxing.
I’ve got all the modules for the N6ii now and the r01 today. The r01 with the em5 is absolutely lovely. I think you really like it. I’d recommend getting the e02 too.
Yeah I’m thinking Luna too. The a8000 might be a bit too bright for me

Nov 9, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #58,695 of 75,852
Warning: subjective rant ahead.

Ive always disliked iems due to physical discomfort. Have always preferred earbuds if isolation is not a concern. However, I find earbuds not all that comfortable anymore. Koss Porta Pro and Samsung Galaxy Buds Live provide as good or better sound with much better comfort.*

Its not you earbuds, its me. I got old. I know what I want and I dont want to lead you on. Goodbye.

* vs X6, Vido, and LBBS. I know, very limited data.

edit: Ill keep X6 and Vido as a reminder of the good and bad times. I hope you dont mind. LBBS? Yeah no thats dumb, sorry. That’s a lot of bass eq to fix and I worry about distortion with such a tiny driver.
I've seen some posts lately about the lack of bass in the LBBS, but I think that can be prevented by using Double Foam (Donut Foam on Full Foam) for a better seal and bass enhancement because the LBBS shell is small.

If not, I suspect that you are either a significant bass head, have fallen victim to the lack of QC in the Temperament (Ks earphone), or were sent the LBB instead of the LBBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back