Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #57,616 of 75,254
...honestly earbuds just aren't as good as iems/headphones, I'd just get a pair of tws buds and be happy with the convenience and stick with iems for high-fidelity listening. I'm usually using the airpods, there's just not much difference between them and my other buds to really be bothered. I'm looking at buying the soundpeats trueair2 and fiil cc2, if those beat the airpods I'll just use those and be done with earbuds.
Like comparing apples and oranges really. Respectfully though, this is an earbud thread so we are a bit more prone to earbuds and are biased that way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And earbuds vs iems/headphones depends very much on your library. Sure, if you ONLY listen to music with heavy sub-bass, I dont see many reasons to go for buds. But with more acoustic/vocal, classical music? It is the buds that are dominating.

Also, the LBBS eats the Oxygen for breakfast while the Chaconne is outclassing the Oxygen hard.
Concur! There are many things that earbuds do well, very well.

1630601145615.png

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #57,617 of 75,254
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #57,618 of 75,254
more prone to earbuds and are biased that way
Pretty sure my bias leans towards iems, considering I have 86 iems and "only" 30 buds. Along with my own tonal preferences that is leaning towards a lot of sub-bass, which iems does do better.

I will still say that buds are better than iems for certain genres and vice-versa.

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #57,619 of 75,254
Like comparing apples and oranges really. Respectfully though, this is an earbud thread so we are a bit more prone to earbuds and are biased that way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Concur! There are many things that earbuds do well, very well.

1630601145615.png
+1 on Airy Soundstage and Fast Transient Response, especially on this track.. IMHO
Screenshot_20210903-005413825.jpg

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #57,620 of 75,254
Pretty sure my bias leans towards iems, considering I have 86 iems and "only" 30 buds.
We don't believe you good sir. We all know that you are a "closet earbud lover" in reality! Hence the reason why you hang out with us dorks on this thread!

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #57,622 of 75,254
We don't believe you good sir. We all know that you are a "closet earbud lover" in reality! Hence the reason why you hang out with us dorks on this thread!
:smirk:

"Speaking of buds, today I received LBBS.
I just had a few minutes with them, to check that everything is alright. Well, everything is mega, except the lack of a case.
They fit me great, straight or over the ear. So anybody having problems with MMX500 shells falling out of their ears, like I have, should be just fine with LBBS.
I wear them over-ear with the hooks provided, the bud itself gently pushed forward at the entry of my ear canal. Semi in-ear you could say, but very comfortable.
Early impressions it sounds like listening to high quality speakers in your room. I don’t think I will need as huge a bass shelf as Riku’s EQ, maybe because of my “semi in-ear” wear.
Very impressive first contact.
Thanks a lot for the recommendation @Rikudou_Goku :thumbsup:"

Another one that likes the LBBS.

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #57,623 of 75,254

I just had a few minutes with them, to check that everything is alright. Well, everything is mega, except the lack of a case.
They fit me great, straight or over the ear. So anybody having problems with MMX500 shells falling out of their ears, like I have, should be just fine with LBBS.
I wear them over-ear with the hooks provided, the bud itself gently pushed forward at the entry of my ear canal. Semi in-ear you could say, but very comfortable.
Early impressions it sounds like listening to high quality speakers in your room. I don’t think I will need as huge a bass shelf as Riku’s EQ, maybe because of my “semi in-ear” wear.

Very anxious to receive my set…

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #57,624 of 75,254
Pretty sure my bias leans towards iems, considering I have 86 iems and "only" 30 buds.
Another aside: "only 30 buds." is not a very strong argument as I have only four (4) earbuds total now plus a pair of SENN HD650 headphones packed away again.

My wife is still flat out refusing to hand over my Turandots and my daughter feigns dumb when I ask her about the B&O H6 headphones and JVC HA-FX750 Woody IEMs that she swiped from me.

Strange to think that I was at thirty or so earbuds just a few months back and before that in October 2020 when I started to more seriously minimalize my earbud stash I had nearly three hundred earbuds that I had collected since July 2018.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #57,625 of 75,254
Another aside: "only 30 buds." is not a very strong argument as I have only four (4) earbuds total now plus a pair of SENN HD650 headphones packed away again.

My wife is still flat our refusing to hand over my Turandots and my daughter feigns dumb when I ask her about the B&O H6 headphones and JVC HA-FX750 Woody IEMs that she swiped from me.

Strange to think that I was at thirty or so earbuds just a few months back and before I started to minimalize before October 2020 I had nearly three hundred earbuds that I had collected since July 2018.
300!!!

Damn, organizing all that must have been a big pain...

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #57,626 of 75,254
300!!!

Damn, organizing all that must have been a big pain...
Not as bad as all the headphones and gear I had. IEMs and earbuds were quite easy to organize and store away in clear plastic compartmentalized nut & bolt boxes.

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #57,627 of 75,254

My wife is still flat our refusing to hand over my Turandots and my daughter feigns dumb when I ask her about the B&O H6 headphones and JVC HA-FX750 Woody IEMs that she swiped from me.

Strange to think that I was at thirty or so earbuds just a few months back and before that in October 2020 when I started to more seriously minimalize my earbud stash I had nearly three hundred earbuds that I had collected since July 2018.
Minimalism is very difficult in this hobby, props to you good sir!

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #57,628 of 75,254

I think that I have a solution for you :wink: You can wear this MX500 version over-ear. This is my LCP (120Ω) build.

1630614165241.png

Say hello to "black minion" buds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1630614029508.png

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #57,629 of 75,254
I think that I have a solution for you :wink: You can wear this MX500 version over-ear. This is my LCP (120Ω) build.

1630614165241.png

Say hello to "black minion" buds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1630614029508.png
Buds dont really work over ear for me. Either the fit is just bad or the sound is a lot better wearing it down.

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #57,630 of 75,254
Buds dont really work over ear for me. Either the fit is just bad or the sound is a lot better wearing it down.
By wearing it over-ear, you will have better seal and that's why you will get better low end. Of course long stem buds is not easy to wear this way but with short stem, they are very comfortable
1630614784094.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back