Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #56,701 of 75,400
I’m not sure how this happened but now I almost hear the Car Ear Mimi as a cheaper M2s pro. When first heard these, I hated them. They were painful to listen too. my First listen though was foamless and my second with donuts. IMO these ones probably need thick foams or double foams as has been suggested. The soundstage is huge: which was the only nice thing I could say about their sound at first blush. they’re still bass weight light, but still listenable and for classical piano trios, nothing sounds like it’s missing. Only rap and hip hop sound too light, but the soundstage on highly produced recordings is awesome. Through the Little Bear B4x there is definitely a nice synergy. It loosens up the bass a bit and adds weight And the headstage is still awesome. My mind is turning a 180 on these buds… I should have put more effort into them when I first got them.
The comfort is also top notch for me.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #56,702 of 75,400
It ain't, i only got 1 recommendation so far from woody and he was maxing the price range and comfort/sensitivity needs. Not a lackluster option, an exciting one. Please feel free to let it go and recommend also, everyone else can also surmise the same for themselves thank you. I was only interacting with recommendation, if it's like Woody's I'll say what i said, if it's a poor match with my preferences I'll also say so you don't even need to be discouraged and continue your failing on your way down by telling people poor said things about my wants and to pause recommendations if you had better things to still come from you.

Do not worry, really people who are just trying to "help" selflessly know that they are not going to give them any prizes for the buds you decide to buy. I will try to continue living without recommending anything to you.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #56,703 of 75,400
"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

Just remember not to shut the airlock down, please:smile:

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #56,704 of 75,400
Might be that I mentioned them this morning. Not sure, but I think we can just agree that neither of us knows what the other wants. Probably best to let it go for now; at least until @LikeHolborn can better explain what it is they're looking for.

And, speaking of Monks, I threw on Depeche Mode's 101 (the live album) after that Godsmack album this morning and woo momma that's a good set of buds for that album. Imaging is good enough that you feel in the audience. Pretty cool effect.
I know what i want, not that there's been enough quantity/quality to determine that yet. again.. We is looking for that which i specified and already got a recommendation about. (And if you understood or passionate about audio at a decent level you'd have some recommendation, like woody, misery.) Upside down letter of my first name too

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #56,705 of 75,400

2001: A Space Odyssey​

Daiiisy, daaaaaaaaaisssyyyyyyyy
I know what i want, not that there's been enough quantity/quality to determine that yet. again.. We is looking for that which i specified and already got a recommendation about. (And if you understood or passionate about audio at a decent level you'd have some recommendation, like woody, misery.)
Well shoot I was trying to give you an out and even had a recommendation ready to fire off, but if you're going to have a raccoon in you pants about it, I suppose we can forget it. Maybe it's the language barrier, bud, but you sound an awful lot like a Redditor.

My existence is not to provide you with on-demand services, thank you.

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #56,706 of 75,400
You're right. I need to up my standards and quality. Thanks for the enlightment.

In fact, I just did it. When I pressed the ignore and the report button. There's no need for me to see stuff like your posts. It will only decrease my quality of life.

Cya later, bud. GL on reddit.
Overlapping frameworks. Nice.

Is HAL online yet? These life support systems won't support themselves.

Maybe I missed it, by the way, but has anybody done a breakdown on the different tips in the VE packs? I'm sure the idea is just "see what happens," but would be nice to have that info as a resource.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #56,708 of 75,400
Oh I'm well aware we've been quoting 2001 for several posts now. Love that movie (my friends might say a little too much) :)

Yeah, there's some weird synchronicity at play. I'm just going to keep throwing musical recommendations out there.

This one's super fun. It's like Mastodon with a twist. Rawk away the frustration :)

PXL_20210801_201255926.jpg
Grorr - Ddulden's Last Flight

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #56,711 of 75,400
Oh I'm well aware we've been quoting 2001 for several posts now. Love that movie (my friends might say a little too much) :)

Yeah, there's some weird synchronicity at play. I'm just going to keep throwing musical recommendations out there.

This one's super fun. It's like Mastodon with a twist. Rawk away the frustration :)

Thanks for music, very cool!

These past few pages have been a struggle...

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #56,712 of 75,400
Thanks for music, very cool!

These past few pages have been a struggle...
More than willing to keep it coming as well if that's what it takes. I mean that's what we do with all this gear, right? In the end, it's about the music.
PXL_20210801_205204590.jpg
Swapped over to the M2s Pro; Grorr album became even more fun; like stepping out of the studio and into an arena. Good ol' foamovers are working wonders for that set, but I am not looking forward to pulling all that stuff off when the new drivers arrived. Pretty sure something's going to end up torn.

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #56,713 of 75,400
Oh well, time to give the X6 a promotion, from A+ to S.

1627851227299.png

This reflects my top 5 buds right now a lot better. :thumbsup:

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #56,714 of 75,400
I’m just testing to see if this will work. This is what I fell asleep to last night. Pretty cool arrangements of times pieces played very well to say the least. The Little Bear loves this stuff.

https://app.idagio.com/recordings/21259381
Appreciate what you do. Always available for side chats if you need to vent about that. Considering my wife worked ICU over the past couple years, I'm familiar with some of what you're going through.
Thanks brother. I appreciate that. For the 10 busiest months, I went back and forth from the CCU to the COVID ward, sometimes following the same set of patients if they’d decline or improve. I’m sort of proud of the fact that I had the first pandemic patient to survive ECMO. Things were wild back then and the fear was real. The patient’s family also had it and it was very mild for them. I was sleepless and praying. “There are no atheists in foxholes”. I’m hoping the worst of it is over, but still some other coworkers have gotten sick in spite of vaccination. None hospitalized though. Stay safe out there(all of you)! For seemingly random people, this stuff is a nightmare. For others: no big deal.

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #56,715 of 75,400
I’m just testing to see if this will work. This is what I fell asleep to last night. Pretty cool arrangements of times pieces played very well to say the least. The Little Bear loves this stuff.

https://app.idagio.com/recordings/21259381

Thanks brother. I appreciate that. For the 10 busiest months, I went back and forth from the CCU to the COVID ward, sometimes following the same set of patients if they’d decline or improve. I’m sort of proud of the fact that I had the first pandemic patient to survive ECMO. Things were wild back then and the fear was real. The patient’s family also had it and it was very mild for them. I was sleepless and praying. “There are no atheists in foxholes”. I’m hoping the worst of it is over, but still some other coworkers have gotten sick in spite of vaccination. None hospitalized though. Stay safe out there(all of you)! For seemingly random people, this stuff is a nightmare. For others: no big deal.
Yep, those cleaning protocols are going to continue to be the make/break for transmissability. Remember what that one front-line worker said in Wuhan eeeeearly on in this whole ordeal: every one of them that ended up sick could pin-point when they were complacent with PPE, donning/doffing, or cleaning protocols. Even applies outside of the hospital; that part of my brain that will never forget aseptic gowning procedures goes crazy when I see how lazy people are with their masks and keeping track of what they touch. Reminds me that the gentleman who told everybody how important it was to just wash their hands during the Spanish flu was more or less considered a conspiracy theorist. But I digress...

If you got a patient off ECMO, I salute you; thought for a good while that served as little more than a cash cow for the guys who make 'em and permanent life support for those who ended up in it. Man, that machine takes some effort to run, so I tip my hat to you for having a patient recover from ECMO at all.

No atheists in foxholes, indeed. There's a lot of parallels between what some of my deployed shipmates/soldier friends have overcome/are overcoming and what the nursing community has endured over the past year (not even touching the bureaucracy aspect...enjoy your free coffee, pizza, and donuts). Unironically, I say thank you for your service.

Found this talented one-man outfit on Bandcamp and figured I'd share. This album's themes really seem to hit home right now. Well worth the purchase; even got a response from the artist themselves thanking me for the buy. Fair warning, might need something a bit more upbeat to follow this one. It's pretty raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back