Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #55,336 of 75,326
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #55,337 of 75,326
Yeah boss @RikudouGoku keeps recommending X6 to me every time I talk to him hahaha. I hope to get it some day.

But from what I read, I think the X6 is kinda like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world (correct me if I'm mistaken). Ie excellent timbre and tonality, but maybe not the best technicalities. I know we can't expect the moon for the price, but I dunno if there's a budget earbud that scores high marks in the all the 3 Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities? Is there such a unicorn? So we are not talking about one trick ponies that ace tonality but fail at technicalities, or vice versa?

I'm actually not a big fan of Yincrow X6. They were a bit muddy to me and not technical at all. Granted I only used them on phone & laptop, and you know the power changes everything! Speaking of which, I'm now thinking of another earbuds in the same category under the same name.

MEMT X6! I got them in lucky bags back then. It was a pleasant surprise! Similar problems, NOT very technical, vocal + tremble were definitely lacking, but the bass was very extended & satisfying. They were cheap & probably discontinued by now. The built was also great with the type of metal mesh you'd get on Astrotec Lyra. I think it's a deserving rec for the type of signature, if you can find them available somewhere.

sketch-1624387864725.png

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #55,340 of 75,326
i feel like canceling my fiio em5 order now :)
Its from amazon isnt it? Maybe buy both and then see if you want to return the EM5 or not? The M2S Pro is a damn good bud to have though and it has mmcx. I would be super careful about all other sets without mmcx at that price.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #55,341 of 75,326
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #55,342 of 75,326
i actually want as small a rotation as possible, i have too many collections as is.. just a result of trying to experience different things to figure out what i like. I think the M2S Pro checks a lot of boxes for me:

MMCX/replaceable cables! i already have too many cables
silver/black (not blue colorway, sorry RW2000)
sub-bass extension -- this is sorely missing from my chaconne, ebx21
price! i am very happy to pay $55 instead of $250+ for an "S" tier bud

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #55,343 of 75,326
Its from amazon isnt it? Maybe buy both and then see if you want to return the EM5 or not? The M2S Pro is a damn good bud to have though and it has mmcx. I would be super careful about all other sets without mmcx at that price.
yea from amazon. I guess I can return it if I want. But if I order the M2S Pro it'll be more difficult to return, and I'd kick myself for keeping both if that's the case. This also might be a silly comparison, but IKKO OH10 IEM vs M2S Pro? I bought the IKKO for sub-bass and MMCX but i don't really love the closed feeling of IEMs and the weight

thanks again for the review!!

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #55,344 of 75,326
i actually want as small a rotation as possible, i have too many collections as is.. just a result of trying to experience different things to figure out what i like. I think the M2S Pro checks a lot of boxes for me:

MMCX/replaceable cables! i already have too many cables
silver/black (not blue colorway, sorry RW2000)
sub-bass extension -- this is sorely missing from my chaconne, ebx21
price! i am very happy to pay $55 instead of $250+ for an "S" tier bud
Yup, a lot of boxes got ticked there. :joy:
I am starting to feel a bit bad about declining the EM5 review unit....

It seems that the winner is actually M2pro which is cheaper and which I have together with the two drivers 40 ohm and 150 ohm :)
Indeed it is. It would actually have been easier to swallow the price if they switched the pricing of the Super One and the M2S Pro lol.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #55,345 of 75,326
yea from amazon. I guess I can return it if I want. But if I order the M2S Pro it'll be more difficult to return, and I'd kick myself for keeping both if that's the case. This also might be a silly comparison, but IKKO OH10 IEM vs M2S Pro? I bought the IKKO for sub-bass and MMCX but i don't really love the closed feeling of IEMs and the weight

thanks again for the review!!
Oh no way. Comparing sub-bass in an iem vs bud isnt much of a fight already (maybe super well extended buds can beat iems with poor sub-bass extension and roll-off..) but the OH10? yeah, no way lol.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #55,348 of 75,326
I put in an order for that + X6 with mic for $66 shipped
:wink: :beerchug::deadhorse:This is very important.
I'm surprised that Yincrow is still not deciding to release the X7 after all the popularity of the X6 model.:wink:

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #55,349 of 75,326
-

Firstly, I have measured the cable on my Onmyoji 2021, and it comes in at around 110cm.
c29RxJK.jpg

Secondly, if you actually look at the official specs provided by Ks themselves, the cable length isn't specified anywhere below, or on their official Taobao listing, only the cable material.

O1CN01BHvKL51yDepOlSOGm_!!105826545.jpg

The only mention of the cable length of the Onmyoji (spec no. 9 of 14) is actually at AE sellers, under their English translated description, which is pretty much copy & pasted from each other (just look them up and notice the 'Eerphone' misspelling in all of them).

kxZ6cuo.jpeg

There is however only one particular AE seller, JieTu Audio Store, that has the exact English translated specs as above, except this time the cable length is not mentioned anywhere (only 13 specs listed, instead of 14 above). Curiously, the misspelling of 'Eerphone' is also present here, but strangely the mention of cable length is missing.

OBWEAYY.jpg

So, is your case simply really just some bad QC?
Or maybe perhaps it's actually inaccurate info that's been wrongly translated by someone, and then just copy & pasted around by various other AE sellers?

Anyway, it's up to you to decide, if you choose to believe the English specs provided by the AE sellers, or maybe give the benefit of the doubt to Ks.

Thank you for checking the notations on various sites.

I had actually sent a request to one Onmyoji2021 user asking him to measure the exact length of the cable.
A little later, the Onmyoji2021 user replied that his exact cable length is 120cm!
This led me to the conclusion that there is a problem with K's earphone's (Onmyoji2021's) QC.

Since I had a previous problem with no sound coming out of the left side of the Onmyoji2021, I really wanted to hit NiceHCK with the cable length problem this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back