Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 27, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #51,916 of 75,272
Hey Everyone,
One of the few TOTL earbuds WITH detachable cables

https://penonaudio.com/rose-maria-ii.html
I definitely curious about how these measure and sound and take EQ.

I need to sell off something to fund the Maria II.

Anyone interested in the following items?
- Sony nw-A105 or the
- Shuoer Tape Pro
- pristine condition Alienware 13inch r2 oled laptop? I never really used it because the screen is too small for my aging eyes.

I'm also willing to trade for any mid/top tier bud I don't have in my signature. I'm willing to add cash or take case on top of a cheaper bud. PM me if interested.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #51,917 of 75,272
oh my.... I feel like an idiot, making a really simple mistake for all my correction work. lol

Argh!!!!!

Bad News: I've uncovered a wrong assumption on my part that has negatively affected every file I've generated.

Good News: Going forward my corrections are going to sound even better for a larger segment of the user base. If you thought my files didn't sound good and gave up on them, give me a couple weeks to fix everything and try again.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #51,918 of 75,272
Jan 27, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #51,919 of 75,272
Jan 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #51,920 of 75,272
pristine condition Alienware 13inch r2 oled laptop? I never really used it because the screen is too small for my aging eyes
I don't use the screen even on my Predator 17x (17inch) :wink:
You have a very good portable gem, and you can carry it wherever you want and attach it to any external monitor.
Don't tell me it's worth sacrificing Alienware for Maria 2 :expressionless:

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #51,921 of 75,272
Yes, it is. :)

I'd obvious require a little cash on top of the maria 2 or 1st gen if someone wants that laptop.

If someone is local to the SF Bay Area, I have a 2016 15" MacBook pro with less than 150 battery cycles on it for earbud trades as well.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #51,922 of 75,272
I don't use the screen even on my Predator 17x (17inch) :wink:
You have a very good portable gem, and you can carry it wherever you want and attach it to any external monitor.

I think the same. No bud is worth getting rid of that team

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #51,923 of 75,272
I think the same. No bud is worth getting rid of that team
You guy's priorities out of whack then... earbuds are life! j/k

The only reason, I'd consider trading away laptops is because I have a bunch of them from working at a bunch of early stage startups that didn't work out. Typically when I leave, the employer will take cash for the equipment they bought for me (at a large discount.) Sometimes, they just let me keep the stuff. I'm also nearing offers with a new job, so I figure when I start up with a new job, I'll get new equipment.

My primary laptop is an old Samsung laptop that I will keep only because it's worth nothing on the used market and still works will with my external gpu, not to mention it took quite a bit of experimenting to get AutoEQ working on it.

I'd think you guys would be more supportive of my trade offers so I can get more buds to measure and compensate? :)

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #51,924 of 75,272
Ok. I think this is it! Post number 1500. Supremus status?!?

I want to thank my family for allowing me to step away for hours to analyze earbuds and tweak my measurement rig.
I also want to thank my wife for her support of my hobby.
And to all of you who have been so generous in reading my thoughts as I've been learning about earbuds. I appreciate all the "likes" to my posts, reinforcing that I'm not alone in trying to push the earbud format forward.

:)

A little "tongue in cheek" but still, it's been a great time here in this thread through the better part of last year!

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #51,925 of 75,272
You guy's priorities out of whack then... earbuds are life! j/k
earbuds are life! .......... Ok earbuds ask for money and the laptop brings money! :relaxed: I don’t want to discuss it anymore
I'd think you guys would be more supportive ...
How can you say that? That's not nice :yum:
Congrats for 1.5K, mr. Supremus

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #51,926 of 75,272
Ok. I think this is it! Post number 1500. Supremus status?!?

I want to thank my family for allowing me to step away for hours to analyze earbuds and tweak my measurement rig.
I also want to thank my wife for her support of my hobby.
And to all of you who have been so generous in reading my thoughts as I've been learning about earbuds. I appreciate all the "likes" to my posts, reinforcing that I'm not alone in trying to push the earbud format forward.

:)

A little "tongue in cheek" but still, it's been a great time here in this thread through the better part of last year!
You were waiting a long time for that title huh? :joy:

meanwhile I just looked at my profile and damn almost 10k likes!

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #51,927 of 75,272
How do you come up with this kind of info? :)

Do you look at sites for earbud models for hours a day? lol
I love the dedication to the hobby. Thank you for your efforts
photo-memory :wink:
FENGRU HYCK100 is from the period when Ourart TI7 came out, Many inquired about it but to this day there is not much information
You already know that I constantly analyze the design of buds, so this model could not miss my radar :wink: Astrotec and Paiaudio buds share similar look,
also, @baskingshark was looking for review, so...

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #51,928 of 75,272
You were waiting a long time for that title huh?

meanwhile I just looked at my profile and damn almost 10k likes!
You're ready to retire. That's it :joy:
After 10K likes you will get "Instagram model" status :wink:

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #51,929 of 75,272
oh my.... I feel like an idiot, making a really simple mistake for all my correction work. lol

Argh!!!!!

Bad News: I've uncovered a wrong assumption on my part that has negatively affected every file I've generated.

Good News: Going forward my corrections are going to sound even better for a larger segment of the user base. If you thought my files didn't sound good and gave up on them, give me a couple weeks to fix everything and try again.
Can you explain what was the problem? In details please :wink:

Jan 27, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #51,930 of 75,272
Just noticed that the Yincrow RW2000 is cheaper than it was on launch.

1611790625941.png

1611790611140.png

1611790668559.png
1611790679642.png

But since it is 4 different stores and 4 different prices. Maybe it is just the sellers trying to undercut each other? Or is it cheaper now because no one is buying it? :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back