Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 25, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #47,626 of 75,346
TRN is the OEM for FiiO UTWS1, so hardware difference is minimum. However, I do find UTWS1 to be better than the original BT-20S on the fact that UTWS1 has much less distortion and supports TWS+ mode (*also a lesser output volume, though I already find UTWS1 enough for what I used it for, mainly Smabat M1 pro). It was however speculated that TRN changed the later production BT-20S to be closer to UTWS1, though I can't confirm it myself

You can push UTWS1 loud enough for ST-10S Black Gold, but overall performance will suffer. I'll say you are probably only getting 70~80% of what ST-10S Black Gold is capable of. Not even BTR3K's 3.5mm has the needed power and control for ST-10S Black Gold to sound at its best.

Oh, that is too bad. I have a 150 ohm bud (pureson) and I think I know how it would sound on the UTWS1. The Pureson bud I have only sounds "right" when running on the Earstudio in 2X balance mode, the highs just don't come out otherwise.

Do you think the build quality on the UTWS is better than on the BT-20S? The pictures make it look more premium, but it comes out to almost double price locally, and I don't think I will be going Aliexpress after my last try. I might get it for my original ST-10 if it has less ground-noise.

Actually, speaking crazy, but how do you think it would do with an 8 ohm balanced armature driver?

Apr 25, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #47,627 of 75,346
Oh, that is too bad. I have a 150 ohm bud (pureson) and I think I know how it would sound on the UTWS1. The Pureson bud I have only sounds "right" when running on the Earstudio in 2X balance mode, the highs just don't come out otherwise.

Do you think the build quality on the UTWS is better than on the BT-20S? The pictures make it look more premium, but it comes out to almost double price locally, and I don't think I will be going Aliexpress after my last try. I might get it for my original ST-10 if it has less ground-noise.

Actually, speaking crazy, but how do you think it would do with an 8 ohm balanced armature driver?

UTWS1 does have a better MMCX connector (more akin to FiiO design), otherwise the rest is about the same. I personally won't use UTWS1 or BT-20S with anything out of the normal 16 ~ 32 ohm range, and will keep it to a single driver.

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #47,628 of 75,346
Does FAAEAL make good earbuds? Planning on getting the Litz copper cable from them on the coming sale "Refresh and recharge" on Aliexpress and might want to pick up 1 or 2 buds from them.

Currently I have the Ve Monk lite (also had Plus), HE 150pro and the Moondrop Nameless. Nameless is the only one I like out of them.

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #47,629 of 75,346
Does FAAEAL make good earbuds? Planning on getting the Litz copper cable from them on the coming sale "Refresh and recharge" on Aliexpress and might want to pick up 1 or 2 buds from them.

Currently I have the Ve Monk lite (also had Plus), HE 150pro and the Moondrop Nameless. Nameless is the only one I like out of them.

Well they are more famous for buds than their IEMs, in fact their recent IEM the Hibiscus had mixed reviews.

I have their FAAEAL Datura Pro, supposedly their flagship bud, and I find it not bad, midcentric, great for vocals. Not for bassheads/trebleheads. But at that pricing, there are some other buds that I prefer more like BK2, which are more all rounder. Haven't tried their other buds though.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #47,630 of 75,346

Try FAAEAL Snow-lotus 2.5mm Balanced
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889629399.html
It's the best FAAEAL earbuds. I have a pair of their "flagship" Datura Pro but bruh imho my 6$ FAAEAL iris 2.0 is better and the sl 2.5mm balanced is MUCH better :)

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #47,632 of 75,346
Jazz, bass lover, live orchestra, running/source out of mobile phone and a 6th gen iPod classic, please recommend one of the below smabat st10, turandor, shozy bg, shozy pk, if amp is a must then I do have e1DA Powerdac V2

That particular DAC/amp is going to drain your smartphone pretty quickly (unless you use a splitter to power it up externally) and it won't run from your iPod, so you might want to take that into your consideration.

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #47,634 of 75,346

They make some really good earbuds, but sometimes alot of their models comes with a hit or a miss, like their Snow Lotus 1.0, which I had a bad experience with.
I've only tried that, Iris 1.0 and the SL 1.0+ which are both insanely good. Iris had the nicest bass texture among my collection, but the SL 1.0+ does that with more clarity in the signature.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #47,635 of 75,346
Try FAAEAL Snow-lotus 2.5mm Balanced
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889629399.html
It's the best FAAEAL earbuds. I have a pair of their "flagship" Datura Pro but bruh imho my 6$ FAAEAL iris 2.0 is better and the sl 2.5mm balanced is MUCH better :)
They make some really good earbuds, but sometimes alot of their models comes with a hit or a miss, like their Snow Lotus 1.0, which I had a bad experience with.
I've only tried that, Iris 1.0 and the SL 1.0+ which are both insanely good. Iris had the nicest bass texture among my collection, but the SL 1.0+ does that with more clarity in the signature.
I see, seems that the SL is the best then, guess the rosemary is worse? Also there is 4 different versions of the SL and the 2,5mm balanced is double the price but is it the best of them?

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #47,636 of 75,346
I see, seems that the SL is the best then, guess the rosemary is worse? Also there is 4 different versions of the SL and the 2,5mm balanced is double the price but is it the best of them?
Yes. 2.5mm balanced is the best, then slow-lotus 1.0+. Rosemary is great for basshead, needs a powerful dap/dac to drive. The narcissus 2.0 is good too... I have to say almost FAAEAL buds are good. The Iris 2.0, sl 2.5mm balanced, sl 1.0+ are insanely good for the price. Very great p/p :)

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #47,637 of 75,346
Yes. 2.5mm balanced is the best, then slow-lotus 1.0+. Rosemary is great for basshead, needs a powerful dap/dac to drive. The narcissus 2.0 is good too... I have to say almost FAAEAL buds are good. The Iris 2.0, sl 2.5mm balanced, sl 1.0+ are insanely good for the price. Very great p/p :)
if you could only get one bud which one would you get? Using it with the Fiio M11. And as far as I know, even buds that should have great bass like the VE Monks are extremely dissapointing for me coming from iems.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #47,638 of 75,346
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #47,639 of 75,346

Users who are viewing this thread

Back