Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #4,172 of 75,861
  Hey Clie, can you give a comparison between the Dual Matrix Driver buds and the Rose Mojito? They both sound like very similar types of buds from your descriptions, they are both, airy large soundstage neutral/light bass top tier buds. But any more info? I want to decide if I should buy the "budget Rose" (aka the Dual Driver) or the Rose itself. 

On description, those two do seems to share a lot of similarity, but the dual driver is actually slightly warmish in comparison (but still in the context of being neutral). Dual driver soundstage is big for an earbuds, but Mojito soundstage is pretty much like a full size open back headphone - nothing even come close. Same can almost be said to is micro-detail as well. By all mean dual driver is a great earbud of its own right, but if neutral and analytical are what you are looking for, then Mojito is no doubt the king of the hill. If you can afford Mojito, just buy it - I'll go as far as to say it is one of the best buy of my recent time. Driving it out of Mojo, which has an excellent mid that compliment the Mojito, really puts a big smile on my face.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #4,173 of 75,861
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #4,174 of 75,861

On description, those two do seems to share a lot of similarity, but the dual driver is actually slightly warmish in comparison (but still in the context of being neutral). Dual driver soundstage is big for an earbuds, but Mojito soundstage is pretty much like a full size open back headphone - nothing even come close. Same can almost be said to is micro-detail as well. By all mean dual driver is a great earbud of its own right, but if neutral and analytical are what you are looking for, then Mojito is no doubt the king of the hill. If you can afford Mojito, just buy it - I'll go as far as to say it is one of the best buy of my recent time. Driving it out of Mojo, which has an excellent mid that compliment the Mojito, really puts a big smile on my face.

Hmm thanks for this. Then going to eventually opt to get the mojito then. Just can't afford right now. Whoever got the Mojitos as a review sample (I forget if it was you Clie or the other guy in this thread), must be really lucky lol. Buying every earbud on the market is almost as expensive as buying a summit fi headphone almost haha. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #4,175 of 75,861
Well, not me. I paid full price and have no regret.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #4,176 of 75,861
Apr 23, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #4,179 of 75,861
they were $ 100 during the festive discounts
wink.gif

Nooooo! I missed that. That seems like an incredible deal now, but that's after the fact that @ClieOS confirmed they were so good. Even if they were $100 right now, I wouldn't have known to buy them until I read Clie's review. I really hope they go on sale then. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #4,183 of 75,861

Are you sure you remember it correctly? That's your picture btw.

Besides, the discount was from AE (which isn't selling it anymore) and not from Rose tech, so no point asking for group buy discount (which is actually against forum rules as well).

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #4,185 of 75,861
  Hmm thanks for this. Then going to eventually opt to get the mojito then. Just can't afford right now. Whoever got the Mojitos as a review sample (I forget if it was you Clie or the other guy in this thread), must be really lucky lol. Buying every earbud on the market is almost as expensive as buying a summit fi headphone almost haha. 

Also paid full price and no regret. Was worth it. A little pissed about the poor paint job being scuffed on the red/blue but they sound killer and that's what matters.

Earbuds are easy and affordable when I think about how I've spend $700 on a single pair of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back