Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 31, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #26,581 of 75,289
Happy New year all. I'm finishing it listening to my new sony zx300 dap with snow lotus 2. Btw I love these earphones especially as they are so cheap.

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #26,583 of 75,289
They are very impressive for the price and come with a nice tin! Waiting for my 2 penlon earbuds to arrive now.

What's been everyone's favourite buds this year?

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #26,584 of 75,289
A Happy New Year to all on this thread for providing so much help in choosing earbuds. I'm almost finished reading most of it (start in May 2016 at page 300-odd). It's been informative and a bit of a laugh at times. Plenty of hype trains running too :)

Here's to 2018 bringing us even more!

Dec 31, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #26,585 of 75,289
Happy New Year everyone!

I've been listening to the Penon BS1 Official and the Rose Masya back and forth a bit the past couple days now and here's my quick thoughts:

The BS1 is extremely smooth. Music sounds seamless and silky. It's strong points is the crispness and very good mids and treble. Contrary to what else I've read, I think the Masya's have more impactful subbass. The BS1 sounds overall cleaner and neutral, while the Masya's sound more playful and slightly more v-shaped, while not nearly as clean sounding. The Masya's, to me, have a slightly large soundstage, but both are quite good.

Both have their fit quirks. The Masya's have the unique dual driver which makes for a very large ear bud design that's also weighted much differently than a normal ear bud. Getting the right fit takes patience but I found a couple different pad configurations that really suit me well. The BS1 doesn't ear fit issues, but the wire is very bulky which can be fatiguing and does make it harder to conceal if you want to use it in public.

Overall, I think the BS1s are a solid set of buds, though I think I enjoy the Rose Masya's a little bit more just for the more impactful sound, and fit. The BS1 though is still a very good ear bud and I dont imagine recabling would be very hard if the cable still becomes a nuisance.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #26,587 of 75,289
kramer-everyday-balloons.jpg

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #26,588 of 75,289
i am using the new graphenes. they somehow sound differently, better on ipad , than the conexant laptop sound

Fwiw, I was listening to the new graphenes this morning and thinking "Jeez, these sound good. But the old ones sound better I know - I'd better do some comparisons". I got as far as digging out my belkin splitter so that I could a/b them. But then the day got in the way, and now it's time to go drink some champagne.

Happy New Years!
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-31_18-38-29.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-31_18-38-29.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #26,589 of 75,289
Fwiw, I was listening to the new graphenes this morning and thinking "Jeez, these sound good. But the old ones sound better I know - I'd better do some comparisons". I got as far as digging out my belkin splitter so that I could a/b them. But then the day got in the way, and now it's time to go drink some champagne.

What is the difference between to two models of the NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760 earbuds, other that the new one being 33% cheaper?

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #26,592 of 75,289
Does Anyone know how to solder a balanced 2.5mm TRRS plug as I want to use it on the Walnut F1 mini amp. Info on the wiring done on the plug side and the driver side.Please help, thanks

The F1 uses the same 2.5mm TRRS pinout as the A&K DAPs -

Tip = R-
Ring1 = R+
Ring2 = L+
Sleeve = L-

On the earbud drivers, there should be an ink-dot, denoting the + solder pad.

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #26,593 of 75,289
The F1 uses the same 2.5mm TRRS pinout as the A&K DAPs -

Tip = R-
Ring1 = R+
Ring2 = L+
Sleeve = L-

On the earbud drivers, there should be an ink-dot, denoting the + solder pad.
On the earbud side that means normal soldering (-) on the unmarked side and (+ )on the ink dot side, See picture for the plug side. Is this correct? Thanks for the info.
2.5mm TRRS wiring 1.jpg

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #26,594 of 75,289
On the earbud side that means normal soldering (-) on the unmarked side and (+ )on the ink dot side, See picture for the plug side. Is this correct? Thanks for the info.

That photo is one of the several pinouts for a 3.5mm plug, and Does Not Match what I wrote above, for the 2.5mm plug.

If you want to go by the color of ink in the photo:
RED = Tip = Right-
BLUE = Ring1 = Right+
GREEN = Ring2 = Left+
BLACK = Sleeve = Left-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back