Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 27, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #26,476 of 75,538
I'm searching for an earbud that would be quite warm and full sounding with no sibilance on highs. I prefer instrument separation over huge soundstage. I like bass to be little boosted but I don't like it to leak into midrange. I still like my Yincrow X6/Vido the most but I'm wondering if I could get better sound if I put little more money on it (max 40$)?

PMV B01 Aoede may suit my needs for some extent but are there any other options?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #26,478 of 75,538
26169307_1988253954787808_8228082035809625046_n.jpg

When @golov17 speaks, earbud manufacturers listen!
:beerchug:

I wasn't aware of the issues. But I wish that Kinera would start making those limited edition buds again so that I could get my ears on a pair!

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #26,479 of 75,538
OK further analysis of Penon bs1 official vs K's samsara. Ok so the BS1 has more clarity and resolution and a wider sound stage. The BS1 losses a slight bit of warmth compared to the Samsara. The layering of the BS1 is better than the Samsara as you can pick out details more easily. Things that are distant sound as such and are still very detailed where as with the samsara some of these finer details are smoothed over.

Some drawbacks the metal part on the wire that separates the wires to left and right channels is heavy and pulls the earbuds loose sometimes, they give you a clip to counter this. The other drawback is the housing area that you can grab with your fingers is really small so can be a little hard to get a grip on the bud to get it positioned in your ear. These are just design nitpicks but hey just letting yah know.

So far very pleased with these buds. Best build quality iv seen on a bud thus far and the sound matches its build quality Penon hit a home run on these.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #26,482 of 75,538
I'm searching for an earbud that would be quite warm and full sounding with no sibilance on highs. I prefer instrument separation over huge soundstage. I like bass to be little boosted but I don't like it to leak into midrange. I still like my Yincrow X6/Vido the most but I'm wondering if I could get better sound if I put little more money on it (max 40$)?

PMV B01 Aoede may suit my needs for some extent but are there any other options?

to me, the best obvious upgrades to the heavy hitters (like the vidos, ry4s, emx500, yincrow x6) is the Willsound mk2.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #26,484 of 75,538
Thanks. Does Willsound ship his earbuds outside Indonesia? I couldn't find them anywhere, just a facebook page.

i think so, because many of the members here across the globe have them. try to contact Willy on the Facebook page, or try Rholupat.com, i think they also handle selling the Willsound for outside of Indonesia

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #26,487 of 75,538
When @golov17 speaks, earbud manufacturers listen!
:beerchug:

I wasn't aware of the issues. But I wish that Kinera would start making those limited edition buds again so that I could get my ears on a pair!

So, is it possible to ask @golov17 to instruct them to make another batch for headfi forums?

I really love bio-cell diaphragm!

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #26,488 of 75,538
of the 3 earbuds i have this is what i notice .

EMX500- works well for airy music
R4YS - works better on movies
Graphene ( new version) - works better on high res stuff

Fyi, just got the "new" graphenes and plopped them in my ears (directly after listening to the old graphenes). I'm not in critical listening mode at the moment, and I'll be trying different foams than the full foams that were already on them, and I'm gonna let them burn in for a bit. But first impressions: there is nothing at all repulsive about them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back