Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 22, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #25,096 of 75,317
Ear tip : audio-technica ER-CHX7 S Size (2 piece) White or Black

This fits Mojito and Masya.
If you want to buy this, please contact in each country audio-technica office.
ex.USA : http://www.audio-technica.com
I bought this the other day
E512F674-1C8B-4643-A38A-637C09D670A6.png

Gonna give that a try first, if you buy 2 you get 6 total. 4 with hooks, 2 without.

Pretty sure you showed me these a few weeks back. They look well made.

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #25,097 of 75,317
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #25,099 of 75,317
Penon BS1 "Experence". (Will be discounted 30% on Black Friday).

https://penonaudio.com/Penon-Audio-BS1-Dynamic-Driver-Earbud

As many of you know, Penon Audio is a fantastic site for many types of audio equipment. Penon has also been releasing some of its own, in house earbuds.

Here we have the BS1 "Experience" version.

The rounded housings are smooth and simple, making for a comfortable, easy fit. The clear coated cable feels good in the hand as it is non-sticky, though they memory curl up just a touch. The 3.5mm plug is small, but with a good build and nice grooved grip for a solid grip when inserting. The only thing to be aware of, is there is no markings for left and right, so make sure to do a stereo test, then use the red and blue foam covers to label them correctly.

The sound experience is quite wonderful. There is an immediate silky playback, that gives the mids a front seat, making way for some epic vocals. Bass is very much present, but is not boomy. Instead the lows go for subtle, accurate rumble. Highs are just darn near perfect for my liking. Rolling off the treble long before they can get anywhere near harsh, but without giving up detail. There is abundant clarity throughout all frequencies. Overall this is a VERY enjoyable earbud.

The best part, is this is just the beginning of the BS1. Coming soon will be an "Official" and updated version. The new earbud will feature an upgraded build and design, though I have yet to hear it, so I can not comment on any sound differences. When the 2nd variant is released for sale, Penon will discount it for those who have already bought the original BS1.

(Photos as always taken by me):

P1090858.jpg

P1090852.jpg

P1090854.jpg

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #25,102 of 75,317
The Rose Masya would fit the bill but the fit is a little unique and doesn’t work for everyone.

Could you measure the front diameter of Masya.. perhaps by 'vernier caliper'? Since Fitting is individual issue.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #25,104 of 75,317
Today I got TY Hi-z F300M 300 ohms. I am totally disappointed. Bad sound, without bass, distorts. I have tried it with different sources (stationary amplifier, Mojo, Fiio, etc) I do not understand how that model is for sale. Could it happen that they have sold me a fake model ?. It does not match at all with the review I read in this forum.

The commented model I bought it here:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/TY-H...32831841294.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.lDceGW

Do you know if you can complain to Penon Audio, arguing the poor quality of that product?

I bought them a few months ago a TY Hi-Z 150s with which I am very happy, but this other commented model is very very bad and on top it cost me more

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #25,106 of 75,317
So i got my shozy bk and tbh they weren't that much better than my TY HI-Z 150's. Wondering what is a true upgrade to the 150s? Budget is 250 usd? Would the ty 600's be good?

Give them a chance to burn in and adjust to them. They have the highest resolution I’ve heard in an earbud so far. Plus they smooth out after awhile. I suggest using thinner foams if you’re missing some details and treble, with thick heigi they can be too bassy and overly thick sounding imo.

@chaiyuta

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-729#post-12896426

smaller than mx500 by a few millimetres.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #25,107 of 75,317
All @BloodyPenguin reviews looks like an advertisement. Never faults, never bad, really?
Free earbuds against sweet words? I must say that I do not like to see this here... (just my opinion, of course!!)
He wasn’t wrong about the BS1 it’s a pretty good earbud for the price. I own it so I’ll let you know an unbiased opinion of it’s flaws :)

- vocals don’t come out infront of the mids, so they do lack an excitement on tracks that don’t emphasise the vocals, although they do sound clear and relatively detailed.

- The soundstage is wide but lacks depth. So you get a nice space for instruments but they don’t have great expansion on atmospheric tracks.

This earbud would be good for pop and acoustic music, other genres would lack some excitement with it’s presentation.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #25,108 of 75,317

burn in sound......

There’s a great list on spotify if your a premium member

89086AEE-2744-42FC-A6AE-8D4FDBBED7F5.png

has all the technical stuff like wave sweeps and pink/white noise. But also just a tonne of tracks of all genres. I think it’s like 20 hours of musics too!

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #25,110 of 75,317

Users who are viewing this thread

Back