Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #24,481 of 75,422
You guys like gaming? Whats your to go pair for that? Right now im using my faaeals and it sounds actually nice.
Used to game, specifically RTS (command and conquer 3) or FPS tactical games. Of course I had to cgive that up when my hands developed Capal Tunnel Syndrome. Now I cannot game anymore but luckily it only affects gaming/typing, and not overall hand usage so I can still play sports (I play badminton).

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #24,482 of 75,422
I know (i think) it's sensitivity and not impendence that determines mostly how good and well driven the earbud will be out of a mobile source, but by preferencing 16/32 ohm earbuds you usually find more mobile friendly options.

Lucky for me the shozy buds are low impendace. 16 ohm I think?

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #24,483 of 75,422
Used to game, specifically RTS (command and conquer 3) or FPS tactical games. Of course I had to cgive that up when my hands developed Capal Tunnel Syndrome. Now I cannot game anymore but luckily it only affects gaming/typing, and not overall hand usage so I can still play sports (I play badminton).

As long as you can get those earbuds up to your ears, you should be okay!

Seriously, that's a bit of a bummer, but I'm glad you're able to play sports (especially badminton, which seems to involve some serious wrist work)

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #24,484 of 75,422
As long as you can get those earbuds up to your ears, you should be okay!

Seriously, that's a bit of a bummer, but I'm glad you're able to play sports (especially badminton, which seems to involve some serious wrist work)
Yes it's not fun, I got it in my teens now I'm 22. You don't expect these kinds of issues at my age but hey at least I get to play the sports I love.

Yes it does involve all sorts of wrist/arm/shoulder movement, very fasinating sport to watch (look up lin dan vs lee chong wei 2017 on YT for excellent games) and t's even more fun to play. Started out for me as another school sport, but I loved playing i so much I joined aclub and now 9 years later I'm still playing in a competitive league.

As long as my ears keep working I'll be enjoying earbuds xD

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #24,485 of 75,422
Good to hear you still have use of your hands, though sorry to hear about this. My day job involves a lot of typing and im a bit of a gamer, so worry about this from time to time.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #24,486 of 75,422
Good to hear you still have use of your hands, though sorry to hear about this. My day job involves a lot of typing and im a bit of a gamer, so worry about this from time to time.
Seems some people are more prone to it than others, I have thin wrists also which doesn't help at Carpal Tunnel is a pressuring of the nerves running through your wrist by the wrist muscle. There's a surgery to help relive the pressure and fix issue, but you can imagine at 22 I'm reluctant to risk further damage or any complications from a surgery (my doctor stated as much) so for now I'm off games.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #24,488 of 75,422
Yes it does involve all sorts of wrist/arm/shoulder movement, very fasinating sport to watch (look up lin dan vs lee chong wei 2017 on YT for excellent games) and t's even more fun to play. Started out for me as another school sport, but I loved playing i so much I joined aclub and now 9 years later I'm still playing in a competitive league.

I played for a bit, and it is a fun game. I was really into handball (you use both hands, no raquets), but my body couldn't take it - I'd get bone bruises right through my hands. So then I switched to squash which is also an incredible game. But now I just generally stick to table tennis lol!

As long as my ears keep working I'll be enjoying earbuds xD

You'll keep your ears working as long as you stick with buds and avoid iems! Well, at least for me anyway. I had a enough accidental loud bursts with iems that I decided to start avoiding them. Also, they seem to flare up tinnitus in my left ear (whereas buds don't), so there's that as well. Oh, and protect your ears when at concerts! There, done with my OT my preaching for the day :)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #24,489 of 75,422
Anyone compare shozy bk to K's Samsara. I have the Samsara now and I LOVE it its my favorite out of my mountain of earbuds. But you know always looking for something better =D Im also considering the campfred2 as the next bud. or if anyone knows of any upcoming buds.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #24,490 of 75,422
Hello Old frnds,

What's happening in earbud world ?
Any new flagships available other than Zen black / CAX ?

Howdy! It's been a long time!

Nothing really new in the $250+ TOTL department. Well, except for the new Moondrop. But it's supposed to not be too far from Shozy Stardust in sound quality, so it might be a bit overpriced.

You could always have a pair of Red Dragon custom made by Herry of Cypherus. It'll be $700+ mainly because of the materials used for the cables.

I was lucky to buy the only pair on existence second hand when the original owner decided to focus on other hobbies. I paid around $100 less than the original price, but around $600 was still much more than I had paid for a pair of earbuds before. But as a Cypherus fan I couldn't let them pass me by...
I sold my pair of CAX Black after buying Red Dragon. CAX Black is really great, but Red Dragon is more than 1 step above. Amazing resolution and detail. Hard to believe it's a pair of earbuds. It makes my other TOTL earbuds such as CampFred 1 & 2, Diomnes Lv2, Stardust, Blox TM7 etc sound almost like budget earbuds in comparison.

But the stiff cable (much worse than CAX Black & Zen Black) and also the high price of the earbuds makes me not use Red Dragon as much as I would like to.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #24,491 of 75,422
Seems some people are more prone to it than others, I have thin wrists also which doesn't help at Carpal Tunnel is a pressuring of the nerves running through your wrist by the wrist muscle. There's a surgery to help relive the pressure and fix issue, but you can imagine at 22 I'm reluctant to risk further damage or any complications from a surgery (my doctor stated as much) so for now I'm off games.
I have that Sx too, fixed most of the symptoms by lowering the mouse sensitivity and playing most of the time with my ps4 controller.

Nov 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #24,492 of 75,422
You guys like gaming? Whats your to go pair for that? Right now im using my faaeals and it sounds actually nice.
tbh the most worth earbuds for gaming are Shozy Stardust and Cygnus in my opinion. Each of them has its own advantages, I like Stardust more overall for gaming & music (I play Rainbow Six Siege)

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #24,493 of 75,422
Hello Guys! The 11.11 sale is coming! I was wondering if you guys can suggest some Earbuds. I'm very open minded and looking for Fun. if possible for around $150?

I recently bought my first Close-Back Headphone and now I'm returning them, While they sound great I figured the environment I'm living in isn't suited for them. So now it'll be just Open-Back Headphones and Earbuds.

The One Earbud I'm eyeballing right now is the K's Samsara Version & maybe the Shozy BK? Is the BK worth the extra $65 over the Samsara? Or are their others I should rather look at?

Thanks

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #24,495 of 75,422
Lucky for me the shozy buds are low impendace. 16 ohm I think?

Many said it, shozy bk is hard to drive, needs very highfi source and/or amp to shine despite it's low impedance. There will always be exceptions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back