Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #17,341 of 75,265
Hi,
Just want to share my stock MonkPlus Purple (I call it MonkPlus Widow) and recabled MonkPlus Purple

The upgraded cable has more speedy bass, especially when listening to double pedals
Vocals are a bit forward, causing the soundstage is more narrow than the stock MonkPlus Purple

I use the upgraded MonkPlus Widow to listen metal songs from Disturbed, Lamb of God, Epica, Children of Bodom
owh, I use the donut foams to get better feel for the double pedals
The DAP was my laptop, ThinkPad W510 with usb dac creative soundblaster E5

The modded MonkPlus Widow was provided to me from one of local Indonesian earbuds builder :wink:

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #17,342 of 75,265
Well after a month since the post office got it my 1More earbud has surfaced in Connecticut. As this is an 11.11 purchase I kind of gave up on it's arrival.

Surely it must be past the 65 day money back delivery guarantee. I would apply for that refund

Really best :sunglasses:

Is it really the best at details?

aoitenshi6509 cool buds. What kind of wire is the purple wire?

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #17,343 of 75,265
So, I did have the Rose Mojito (first gen) for a few weeks, but they were just not working out for me and I ended up sending them back.

That said, I might have a chance to get my hands/ears on the Rose Masya now.  So if anyone can save me from reading through this whole thread.  What was the difference between the Rose Masya and the Rose Mojito again? 

Thanks.

--

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #17,344 of 75,265
no, good bass, nice vocal, trebles better too
16463625_1300471266714016_1012545072549487065_o.jpg

nice black theme going on. glad you're sporting the new Xuelin dap. it may not be super mid fi category, but it makes for a good listen! how are the vocals on the shozy? female in particular?

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #17,347 of 75,265
I have both the Rose Mojito (3d printed version) and the Masya (Carbon Fibre version).  The Rose Mojito is well balanced with clarity all the way down to the sub bass.  The Maysa is more "punchy" sounding and is concentrated more on the vocals (which are fantastic in my opinion).  The Mojito is also very good with vocals too (very clear) but are a bit further back in the mix.  In the Masya description, it states that the cord made for vocals.  In a way, that must be true because if you switch the cords on the Mojito and Masya, you can get the Mojito's sound to move toward the Masya and conversely, have the Masya settle down it's punchiness (which I like) down a bit and sound a bit more "all around".  The Mojito is able to take amplification better (in my opinion, if that's your thing) because the bass gets more thick and luxurious.  The Masya gets a bit more aggressive when amped but doesn't really improve the bass section in comparison, because although it gets more agressive, it doesn't necessarily get more expansive or engulfing. 
I really like them both, though.  Masya has great central focus and makes something like (Rockabilly or straight Rock) or vocal focus (like the Carpenters or Diana Ross records) sound great.  Mojito is more the all-rounder.
  So, I did have the Rose Mojito (first gen) for a few weeks, but they were just not working out for me and I ended up sending them back.

That said, I might have a chance to get my hands/ears on the Rose Masya now.  So if anyone can save me from reading through this whole thread.  What was the difference between the Rose Masya and the Rose Mojito again? 

Thanks.

--

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #17,348 of 75,265

Thanks.

--

Also, I didn't fall in love with the Mojito until I put a rubber ring, Monk thin foam, and a Monk donut on it.  After that, they fit my ears perfectly, sealed up a bit and came alive.  I ordered the Masya's soon after figuring out the perfect combo of foams for me for the Mojito. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #17,349 of 75,265
  I have both the Rose Mojito (3d printed version) and the Masya (Carbon Fibre version)....

Also, I didn't fall in love with the Mojito until I put a rubber ring, Monk thin foam, and a Monk donut on it.  After that, they fit my ears perfectly, sealed up a bit and came alive.  I ordered the Masya's soon after figuring out the perfect combo of foams for me for the Mojito. 

Awesome information, thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that! 

--

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #17,350 of 75,265

Awesome information, thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that! 

--

No probs.  Just my opinions  haha.  I think earbuds are the hardest to give opinions on.  Someone might say something like "Wow, I love treble and these have such a big airy soundstage!"  In my head, I'm thinking, "Yeah, you don't have those in your ears right." :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #17,352 of 75,265

You're REALLY not helping me out here.  I've been debating buying this for a month and a half, and the only thing I read in your review that might cause concern is the power hungry nature of it.  Honestly, if members like Golov and Vapman at all push me towards buying it, I probably would break quite soon.

I think I'm the first in this thread to post ownership of Yinman 600, so I don't think they have it. I took a chance and bought mine blind, based on the feedback for the 150 and 500 versions. After my negative experience with Zen2 and its resonating shell that adds reverb, I've been drawn towards buds with acoustically inert housing that won't add coloration to the sound. That describes the Yinman, and I also like that it's unique and not a generic earbud design. I considered the Puresounds 600 when it received high praise, but I hesitate because its shell looks like Zen2.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #17,354 of 75,265
It is definitely interesting to see the earbuds segment getting so much love! From the VE Monks (which I own as well) all the way to the lineup of Rose and other higher-grade ones. Sadly I only own a few earbuds (Monks, Yuin PK2, **** PT15, Auglamour RX1), so I am not yet exposed to the higher-grade ones. Could anyone share, does the price-to-performance ratio in earbuds scale up similarly like IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back