Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #16,233 of 75,871
  Has anyone else noticed that the qian 39 has superb layering?  I can pick out an instrument or a voice in the song and block out everything else so easily with these buds.  They really do have very good layering.

Yeah, very true. It is a little easier to tell layers apart. But, I also found with certain recordings it sounds too distant and undefined. This made me understand why it got such a negative impression on the Japanese blog. I didn't really like what I was hearing then either, but on different material it was just perfect.

I'm finding even Monk+ is muddy seeming to me now, so the Cygnus are the "worst" earbuds I've been willing to use as of late 
wink.gif
 crap bass but everything else decent on the Cygnus...

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #16,234 of 75,871
  Hi Danneq, which one is your fav clip on earphone? Looks like everyone fav is still from Koss...

Since there is no real clip on discussion we can perhaps use some space here for discussions about that type of earphones?

Well, my favorite is Yuin G2A. I have not listened too closely to my recent purchases Audio Technica ATH EM9d and Victor HP-AL700, but those sounds very nice as well.
There are just so many new earbuds that I have not had time for the clip ons for a while

I have never heard Koss. I prefered to focus on the lesser known Japanese ear clips...

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #16,235 of 75,871

Since there is no real clip on discussion we can perhaps use some space here for discussions about that type of earphones?

Well, my favorite is Yuin G2A. I have not listened too closely to my recent purchases Audio Technica ATH EM9d and Victor HP-AL700, but those sounds very nice as well.
There are just so many new earbuds that I have not had time for the clip ons for a while

I have never heard Koss. I prefered to focus on the lesser known Japanese ear clips...

I almost have a hard time believing someone who's been here for this long has resisted the Call of the Koss for so long?! I almost want to get you a set of KSC75 cause I hardly believe it.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #16,236 of 75,871
I was sort of "anti everything that's popular" and wanted to try stuff that was more obscure. I will give KSC75 a try later.

Right now the focus is on earbuds, though. I have hardly given my latest clip on purchases a listen.

And now I've got a pair of Diomnes Lv2 ordered. ABnormal will probably send them some time next week...

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #16,237 of 75,871
I almost have a hard time believing someone who's been here for this long has resisted the Call of the Koss for so long?! I almost want to get you a set of KSC75 cause I hardly believe it.

I was going to ask if there was any reason I shouldn't get these but then I just bought them anyway, I couldn't resist the 1% discount!
gs1000.gif

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Stereo-Headphones-iPhone-Smartphone/dp/B0006B486K

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #16,238 of 75,871

I was going to ask if there was any reason I shouldn't get these but then I just bought them anyway, I couldn't resist the 1% discount!
gs1000.gif

Crazy, sorry about the GBP, they're a good value though. 
Giant solder points too about a full inch apart, so easy to solder on even if all your only iron is from the stone age!

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #16,239 of 75,871

gs1000.gif

If people around you have strong phobias of CyberMan!

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #16,240 of 75,871

gs1000.gif

Crazy, sorry about the GBP, they're a good value though. 
Giant solder points too about a full inch apart, so easy to solder on even if all your only iron is from the stone age!

Good news. I should get them on Monday.

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #16,241 of 75,871

gs1000.gif

If people around you have strong phobias of CyberMan!

Ha, I can live with that!

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #16,242 of 75,871
So i went with the normal Diomnes. Trying to toss up whether i wanted fancy cable over the Standard Cardas cable. Will give some impressions when they arrive :)

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #16,243 of 75,871
just received the qian 39 and the red Ty Hi Z32s two days ago and spend some time listening and comparing to the black Ty Hi Z (L jack). here is some of my findings:
-the red one doesn't need too much burn in to sound great, unlike the black one (it sounded horrible ootb)
-the sound character is really similar, but the red one is clearer. also the black one has an annoying low mid frequency that really bothers me, making it unsuitable for long listening (i can only describe it like a "bomp" sound in the bass and kick). the red one doesn't have that annoying freq bump
-the cables and the accessories are nicer

the qian39 is warm and smooth.. it's like a monk plus with much better bass and separation. it is also small and lightweight, very comfortable to wear, although the cables are on the thin side. the mid is fat, so i can use this in really low volume and still be able to listen to the music and the environment. it's like having a portable desktop speaker with me everywhere

btw, i am using donut foams on all three of them

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #16,244 of 75,871
  So i went with the normal Diomnes. Trying to toss up whether i wanted fancy cable over the Standard Cardas cable. Will give some impressions when they arrive :)

you should go with cardas one.The difference between ve zen and ve zen black 2(cardas one)  is day and night.
i am surprised a cable make that much difference ;after i audition.

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #16,245 of 75,871
  you should go with cardas one.The difference between ve zen and ve zen black 2(cardas one)  is day and night.
i am surprised a cable make that much difference ;after i audition.

The Cardas one is the stock Diomnes, the other 2 levels use a higher grade occ litz. Thought i would go for the thicker cabled stock version, as Cardas is already high quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back