Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #16,186 of 75,871
Hmm, I need to get my hands on a Qian69, I keep forgetting I don't have them. I could wait for reviews though :wink:

Somebody is going to review those? *looks around* Oh, you mean me? :) I'm not much of a reviewer, but I will definitely give my opinions when they get here. Would I be only the 2nd after ClieOS to have these? That would be some pressure!

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #16,187 of 75,871
Somebody is going to review those? *looks around* Oh, you mean me?
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not much of a reviewer, but I will definitely give my opinions when they get here. Would I be only the 2nd after ClieOS to have these? That would be some pressure!

Even some quick impressions or comparisons would be great but a mini review would be even better! I'm finding I must be getting picky because I don't really enjoy using anything but Asura 2, Edimun v3 or Red Demun these days. I need a new zen 2 and TY 650 comes out so rarely because it's more laid back than I want most of the time. I have Cygnus on my Ps4 controller because I stopped using Monks for games a while back, while they're excellent for any music they sound a little off in games.

(The Yinman 150 is great too but harder to come by, at least unless they're on aliexpress too now. I endorse them)

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #16,188 of 75,871
here's some quick pre-burn impressions of ColaRad C01 vs TY32v2:

-colarad bass isn't as deep, but sounds slightly cleaner

-treble is not quite as emphasized on colarad

-vocals are comparable, but with the slightly lower extension on either end, the colarad sounds a bit more natural

-the cable is nearly identical, same sponginess, same splitter/plug, the difference is the colarad is a tiny bit thicker, but would be hard to notice without holding both (it's hard to notice even WITH holding both...)

my TY32 changed a bit with some hours on them, so can't make a final determination yet, but at this stage I wouldn't say they are the same, just that they are different flavors of the same general signature, although these differences are small. I'll be interested to see how it turns out in a couple days

to be continued...
When I compared the burnt-in ty-32 with ty-c01the difference was really slim. Not big enough to buy them as two separate earbuds. Well, maybe your experience will be different.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #16,189 of 75,871
for me, I feel the hp32 v1 compared to the hp32s is like comparing a 4 door saloon car with its 2 door sports version

it gives up a bit of the low-end torque for some high-end performance

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #16,199 of 75,871
  Bottom - K's 64ohm (White)

One of the 3 earphones I carry everywhere in my notebook bag. E808+ for walking around. KZ ATE when it gets really noisy. And K64(white) for watching movies on the notebook. For some reason, the atmosphere & effects of creepy movies are extra creepy with the K64.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #16,200 of 75,871
  Some good buds there. Is that your first 39?

Yes, finally got myself a pair!  It is not quite as bassy as I thought it would be, but we are talking with zero burn in.  I like how they sound so far though, maybe some deeper lows will come in after a little time.

One of the 3 earphones I carry everywhere in my notebook bag. E808+ for walking around. KZ ATE when it gets really noisy. And K64(white) for watching movies on the notebook. For some reason, the atmosphere & effects of creepy movies are extra creepy with the K64.

The K's 64ohm has a nice clean sound out of the box, I do look forward to using them more .

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back